Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What separates Lebron and Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    What does imposing his will on defenses mean?
    Back during his scoring peak, I'm not sure I've ever seen a player demoralize more opposing defenses than I have Kobe. Dude could outscore an entire team through 3 quarters, and there was nothing they could do about it except sulk on the bench.

So along those lines I guess.

Kobe's scoring ability from 2006-2007 was incredible.

TomBrady
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

What does imposing his will on defenses mean?
    Shooting ~40%.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

"Demoralizing defenses"

Quote Originally Posted by TomBrady
    Shooting ~40%.
    Dude averaged ~57% TS during his prime. Roughly in the same ballpark as second 3-peat Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Back during his scoring peak, I'm not sure I've ever seen a player demoralize more opposing defenses than I have Kobe. Dude could outscore an entire team through 3 quarters, and there was nothing they could do about it except sulk on the bench.

How exactly do you know how demoralising another players performance on a team is?

Bron always handled tougher defenses better than Kobe... His stats are a testament to that, particularly in the finals and playoffs.

TomBrady

Kobe was such a dominant scorer from the 2006 to the 2007 season that his team won 45 and 42 games, respectively.

Dude averaged ~57% TS during his prime. Roughly in the same ballpark as second 3-peat Jordan.
    Wade has about the same TS% during his prime

Look, I think Kobe is great, and one of the best ever, but he is literally the only player I know, where you almost have to contextualise even his strengths.

How exactly do you know how demoralising another players performance on a team is?

Bron always handled tougher defenses better than Kobe... His stats are a testament to that, particularly in the finals and playoffs.
    You really can't quantify this category, which is exactly why I listed it as an intangible.

Intangibles aren't measured through data and stats.

Wade at one point handled "tougher defenses" than both Kobe and LeBron, but I wouldn't call him a better scorer than either player.

TomBrady

Meanwhile, second three-peat Jordan led the league in scoring for all three seasons, shot better from the field on average than Kobe ever has for a single season, and won 72, 69, and 62 games.

GOAT recognize GOAT.

Good college starter

He was like in the that video game mode. Double team, triple team it did not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    He was like in the that video game mode. Double team, triple team it did not matter.
    Could you link some videos of Kobe scoring over double teams and triple teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    The greatest perimeter scoring seasons post MJ. Durant is probably up there too.

Kobe set so many scoring records those two years that I actually lost count. 62 through 3 quarters against an NBA finalist being my favorite of the bunch.
    Last edited by catch24; 01-05-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Not sure there's much that separates Kobe and Lebron.

Kobe is the better scorer, shooter, and when he played defense, a better man defender. Lebron's the better playmaker, rebounder and team defender. Intangibles are probably a wash with Lebron's ability to turn chicken shit into salad, and Kobe imposing his will on defenses (in b4 rape joke).
    I agree with this. I'll take Kobe over Lebron just will to win and killer instinct but Lebron better all around player he impacts the game in more areas. Kobe on fire and in the zone is harder player to guard though there's nothing you can do against him no matter what kind of defense you are playing.
    Last edited by Cold soul; 01-05-2016 at 11:50 PM.

Jokic Stan

Lebron had a 30 point triple double in his first playoff game. Also had two game winners in his first playoff series. Then made the finals in his second year in the playoffs, ending the Pistons reign with that legendary game 5.

Soooo yeah Lebron has been just as good or better than Kobe in the playoffs.