Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default Mavs in full blow panic/rebuild mode

Cuban and Donnis has had 4 years of cap space and all they landed was wes mathews and chandler parsons who walked after 2 years. what do they do.

im hoping for a tank year

Default Re: Mavs in full blow panic/rebuild mode

Why ?

Cuban doesnt understand the cost of doing business w/the new CBA and ever rising cap. His constant wandering eyes and going for other players who are unlikely to leave for less money while disregarding his own FAs has led to this.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    Cuban and Donnis has had 4 years of cap space and all they landed was wes mathews and chandler parsons who walked after 2 years. what do they do.

im hoping for a tank year
    Chandler Parsons was a game changer.

He's the future of the Mavs...

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    Cuban doesnt understand the cost of doing business w/the new CBA and ever rising cap. His constant wandering eyes and going for other players who are unlikely to leave for less money while disregarding his own FAs has led to this.
    And you said it best on the Mav board:

No reason for him to take a pay cut when Cubes cant close the deal w/any FAs of note yet again.

the biggest FA signings they've made w/Dirk are.....

Parsons who they then let walk for nothing

Monta who they then let walk for nothing

Haywood who was waived via amnesty clause

Erick Dampier who was technically acquired via a sign/trade, was traded for Tyson Chandler who they let walk for nothing... twice
    I hope Dirk takes the Kobe route and just sign big money. Tell Cuban to go find a free agent after I retire.

Decent playground baller KobeLookLike2Pac's Avatar

Only one thing to do. Suit up and get the sh[COLOR="Black"]it[/COLOR] done himself.

Crazy how the Mav's reputation fell so much within just a few years. I think the mishandling of the '11 roster basically self-blackballed for FAs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Crazy how the Mav's reputation fell so much within just a few years. I think the mishandling of the '11 roster basically self-blackballed for FAs.
    We've never been able to get free agents of note. This is not a recent thing.

Cuban/Nellie Jr. even admit that Chandler just fell into their lap before 11...nobody else in the league really even wanted him.

They haven't done anything of note in free agency ever really.

A monkey could have built a better team/franchise since the 04 season...

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Not just '11. Part of it is Cuban continues to run his mouth about other players: see Russell Westbrook in this year's playoffs.

That turns **some** free agents off. (Players don't want to hear about shortcomings and grudges can run deep.)

Not keeping anyone for longer than a year or two turns **some** free agents off. (No free agents wants to sign somewhere and be dumped immediately via trade or let go.)

Not taking the draft seriously turns **some** free agents off. (The reason is because the draft allows you to add young talent, and most free agents like to see youth on the roster, not retread vets. If the cupboard is bare... very few players want to join a team no matter how much you offer. Players want to play with other players.)

Quote Originally Posted by KobeLookLike2Pac
    Only one thing to do. Suit up and get the sh[COLOR="Black"]it[/COLOR] done himself.

Put him on the pivot position , that smallball .

The Mavs also have a Jerry Jones type situation going on as well. If you look at Mav history (when Dirk has been good).... most of their acquisitions have been through the draft and trades.

Nellie may have been a a "so so" coach. But he was a great talent evaluator. He could find talent. (Much like Isiah Thomas in that regard.) Nellie and Nellie Jr found guys like Nash and Dirk. They found guys like Marquis Daniels and Josh Howard.

But when Nellie left, Cuban became the defacto decision maker and much like when Jimmy Johnson left the Cowboys, Jerry Jones started making really bad decisions, so did Cuban.

The Mavs lucked out in getting that assembly in 2011. And part of that was Dirk told Cuban to "shut up" and quit distracting the team about non basketball issues (refs/etc).... Cuban obliged.

And then Plan Powder came around after they won the championship. Cuban thought there would be tons of bargains because of the luxury tax, etc. He was wrong. He stripped the team in Wayne Hyzeinga style. And the Mavs haven't recovered yet.

This last year has been the only time where they look like they are **trying** to get some assets. Drafting Anderson, signing Matthews, keeping Powell, etc.

lets trade matthews for some picks and tank.

Banned

i think comparisons to jerry jones are accurate. except he didn't entrust his franchise to Dave Campo. he kept rick carlise in pace alerting of the bad times up ahead. i doubt carlisle ever quits on the mavs. Carlisle is Jimmy that stayed.

i say mavs sign a bunch of unproven talent and max out dirk at 60 mil for 2 years. next year being a player option. dirk opts out after this year and mavs try again next year. if mavs lose, resign dirk.

this year is a complete rebuild. justin anderson is the first man up.
    Last edited by SupermanOnSteroids; 07-01-2016 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    i think comparisons to jerry jones are accurate. except he didn't entrust his franchise to Dave Campo. he kept rick carlise in pace alerting of the bad times up ahead. i doubt carlisle ever quits on the mavs.

i say mavs sign a bunch of unproven talent and max out dirk at 30 mil for 2 years. next year being a player option. dirk opts out after this year and mavs try again next year.

this year is a complete rebuild. justin anderson is the first man up.
    in fact im glad and i hope that cuban DONT try desperately to get some old and washed up overrated and overpaid bum. lets take this season as a chance for the young guys. anderson, mejri and powell have potential, especially anderson can be a great perimter defender. lets trade matthews for some picks. and lets go!!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    in fact im glad and i hope that cuban DONT try desperately to get some old and washed up overrated and overpaid bum. lets take this season as a chance for the young guys. anderson, mejri and powell have potential, especially anderson can be a great perimter defender. lets trade matthews for some picks. and lets go!!!
    no. lets keep mathews. he's finley to a lesser extent. the vet that is a pro and can lead a locker room.