Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: How come Kyrie Irving's stats aren't going down playing with LeBron?

Also why are fake heat fans concerned?

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Default Re: How come Kyrie Irving's stats aren't going down playing with LeBron?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    You serious, Clark?

In the 11 games BEFORE the 55 point outburst, Kyrie had averaged 24 points on 50/52/84 splits, 5.4 assists, 3.2 rebounds, 1.9 steals.

For the season up to that point, he had averaged 21+ points on 46/41/84 splits.

This has been probably the best overall development for the Cavs and the overhauled roster. I don't think a lot of people saw it coming, either.

The natural assumption was that Kyrie's usage would drop with LeBron on the team, he'd be handling the ball much less and his statistics would plummet, particularly his scoring.

Well, his usage percent has relatively plummeted... Down from 30.2 and 28.2 the last two years to 25.5 this year (easily a career low). And, if you take out the games that LeBron missed, he's hovering around 21.

However, not only is his efficiency the best of his career (57.4 TS%, 52.7 eFG%), he is actually averaging more points per game than last season (21.8 to 20.8) and he has the best assist-to-turnover ratio of his career.

Anyway you look at it, Kyrie is having a greater impact on games this season than at any other point in his career, especially when you factor in his quite solid defense so far. Most important of all, he's playing at this level alongside a dominating LeBron James.

There is no "taking turns" the way Wade and James did early on in the Miami experiment. These guys are both able to play at their most lethal offensively on the same court at the same time.

Everyone assumed LeBron and Love would fit together seamlessly and Kyrie would be the one searching for his game in this "Big Three." In truth, through a half a season, it has been James and Irving who seem like they were meant to play with one another while KLove has taken longer to adapt.

But, as a Cavs fan, the development of Kyrie and LeBron playing this well together signals potentially big things. I thought they'd be good together, but even I worried about what might happen if the ball drifted too far away from Kyrie for stretches. The good thing is that this has happened at times, but he is showing that he is very adept off the ball as well as on it.

All very good signs for the future of this team.

Really? As a cavs fan? Oh my god. A LeBron stan SHOULD NOT be a ****ing moderator.

This is sad.

Because kyrie is the better option on offense. He's the cavs batman, there big di.ck alpha who takes over when needed..
    LeBald is the pippen, the role a small di.ck beta is best suited to..

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    Probably because he's becoming a better NBA player? Seems like a natural progression, although he regressed from his 2nd->3rd season. Unless of course you believed he peaked as a player in year 2, I would assume his numbers are increasing because he's simply becoming a better NBA player.
    I'm not saying he didn't improve.. I'm just wondering why LeBron isn't bringing down his teammates stats like everyone claims he does... you know, turning all stars into spot up shooters?

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Really? As a cavs fan? Oh my god. A LeBron stan SHOULD NOT be a ****ing moderator.

This is sad.
    What part of what he said comes across as biased? Seems like he's just pointing out facts, and pointing out what he's seen from the eye test.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    I'm not saying he didn't improve.. I'm just wondering why LeBron isn't bringing down his teammates stats like everyone claims he does... you know, turning all stars into spot up shooters?
    Irving without LeBron James in 2014-15
    28.2 ppg

Irving with LeBron James in 2014-15
    20.5 ppg

Ya...about that

Quote Originally Posted by Joyner82reload
    Irving without LeBron James in 2014-15
    28.2 ppg

Irving with LeBron James in 2014-15
    20.5 ppg

Ya...about that
    Obviously a player gets more FGA when they aren't playing with the best player in the world. But Kyrie is still putting up arguably his best numbers, but definitely his BEST OVERALL PLAY alongside LeBron.

And if you watched the games, you'd understand that Kyrie's game is better w/ Bron on the floor despite lower PPG when he's out

Very good NBA starter

Obviously a player gets more FGA when they aren't playing with the best player in the world. But Kyrie is still putting up arguably his best numbers, but definitely his BEST OVERALL PLAY alongside LeBron.

And if you watched the games, you'd understand that Kyrie's game is better w/ Bron on the floor despite lower PPG when he's out
    The thing is Joyner doesnt even watch games of his favorite player. How could you expect him to watch a Cavs game? Dude just loves to look at stats and box scores

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

This is sad.
    Can someone explain to me what is happening here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Can someone explain to me what is happening here?
    Apparently he was mixing you up with xLebronxrings

He even made a thread saying "How long has RBA been a Cavs fan?" saying he thought you were a heat fan before

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    it's a testament to kyrie's mental fortitude.

lebron cratered the stats of love, wade and bosh, so kyrie is an anomaly.
    How much have Wade and Bosh's stats improved post-LeBron? They are up 3 ppg, similar in assists and rebounds and their efficiency has plummeted without LeBron. Chalmers has remained the same.

Just fyi 3ball, Pippen's best statistical seasons were the ones when Jordan retired.
    Don't do that to 3ball! Not only Pippen--also Grant, Armstrong, Kerr, and Williams. Half the team had career years in 94'--and their efficiency improved as a group (among the players who were on both the 93' and 94' teams) to boot.

This retard open the thread with stats, gets repeatedly owned because he is a retard that made a retarded thread, and ends up talking about the eye test.

This whole thread is so full of cringe. Why do I even bother.

This is sad.
    Funny thing is he was a cavs fan longer than you been a Hawks fan

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    Also why are fake heat fans concerned?
    Why is a Lakers fan more concerned with everything that Lebron is doing? Dumb **** hater.