Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Media really wants people to care Griner is locked up in a Russian prison, but...

It seems nobody does

Like it’s pretty obvious Russia is doing it’s part to hang onto her as an assist to western media in building a big anti-Russia propaganda buzz... but simply not enough people care

Like US media will run a headline about it every week trying to create some hype and outrage etc, but if you look at activity on social media, far more people are paying attention to the Johnny Depp trial and other frivolous things.

Like, the media thought the whole country would rally around this LGBTQ+ athlete and elevate her to some kind of national folk hero.... but absolutely nobody cares

Somehow I just find that hilarious.

Default Re: Media really wants people to care Griner is locked up in a Russian prison, but...

People being imprisoned for nothing isn't funny unless you're a psychopath.

Default Re: Media really wants people to care Griner is locked up in a Russian prison, but...

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post

You arent very cerebral so I can forgive you for not understanding what I said, which is that the humor is in the MEDIA’S failure to turn Grinder into some establishment folk hero. Im not laughing at the fact shes IN prison, but rather the media’s inability to make it a story of national interest, despite their self serving attempts to do so.

If the USA really cared about her, they'd do that trade for the Russian arms dealer.

But I guess Uncle Sam doesn't like the deal.

High School Starter

Why people go to other countries with narcotics and think it's not a big deal? How stupid can you be to do something lkike that?

High School Varsity 6th Man meat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    You arent very cerebral so I can forgive you for not understanding what I said, which is that the humor is in the MEDIA’S failure to turn Grinder into some establishment folk hero. Im not laughing at the fact shes IN prison, but rather the media’s inability to make it a story of national interest, despite their self serving attempts to do so.
    We sure do have a short attention span. The media doesnt even really care about Ukraine anymore. As far as Britney. All I can think about now is her playing bball topless. And not in a good way. I will not link the video.

oh shit she's still locked up. completely forgot about that.

NBA All-star

if she can keep up with the pace, I'd say she's a Haslem level player for starter.

Decent playground baller

It's not that we don't care, it's that what Russia has done in Ukraine as a whole is so much worse than what they're doing to Griner that it doesn't really register.

Thats indeed hilarious

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
    It's not that we don't care, it's that what Russia has done in Ukraine as a whole is so much worse than what they're doing to Griner that it doesn't really register.
    if people got what they truly deserved, what's there to care

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

If I was Phoenix, I’d offer Paul and Ayton for Griner and the backup point guard from CSKA Moscow.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Smuggling illegal drugs is not "nothing".

She's lucky it wasn't China or Singapore or Abu Dabi or any of the many other countries that have the death penalty for drug smuggling.

Honestly it's embarassing how the NBA allows players to become addicted to weed.

And yes, you can be addicted to weed, because I used to be and Griner and every smoker who needs to risk smuggling dope, is definitely addicted.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Let me steer this away from the troubling political direction this is taking and instead pose an important question:

To be clear….the Orangutan has a sword not you…but it is untrained in its use.

I assume it would just drop it…and now you have a sword unless it gets its hands on you first? Could go wrong a lot of ways.