Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Does anyone still believe that this Heat team is stacked?

Yes. They're still an odds-on favorite to win it all.

Some of those guys are starting to show their mileage, for sure...but that's still a potent group.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Oh for sure.

That is why I said they really aren't stacked anymore when looking at the league. The Clippers, Thunder, and Spurs can match them...

They are absolutely going to need something from the role players.

It's interesting because I kind of saw this year as a big year for the Heat...and now I think even more that way. Wade's future is unknown....Bosh seems to only play well every other game...and the rest of the league is only getting better.

Would 2 titles in 4 years, especially given the weak state of the league the last 3 years....really be impressive for the Heat while playing in pretty damn easy conference the last 2 years especially?

I don't know...not sure if that is meeting expectations for this team to only win 2.
    No, it wouldn't.

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    This retard's daily insecure Bran thread

Kobe Stan

I don't understand people calling the 2011 Heat stacked. It was literally James, Wade and Bosh, nothing else. Haslem and Miller were supposed to contribute but they were injured all year. Chalmers was below average back then and the rest of the team was garbage. I get that Wade was a lot better in 11 vs now, but that Heat team was the least "team" I've maybe ever seen.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Mario Chalmers / Norris Cole
    Dwyane Wade / Ray Allen / Toney Douglas
    LeBron James / Michael Beasley / James Jones
    Udonis Haslem / Shane Battier / Ray Lewis
    Chris Bosh / Chris Andersen / Greg Oden

yup stacked. just because they suck doesn't mean they aren't stacked.. look at the Lakers in '04.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Mario Chalmers / Norris Cole
    Dwyane Wade / Ray Allen / Toney Douglas
    LeBron James / Michael Beasley / James Jones
    Udonis Haslem / Shane Battier / Ray Lewis
    Chris Bosh / Chris Andersen / Greg Oden

yup stacked. just because they suck doesn't mean they aren't stacked.. look at the Lakers in '04.

They are also the defending champions for the last 2 years making the finals in the last 3. Stacked as the main players have stayed on the team. Stacked.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Last year in the playoffs Wade put up 15.9, 48, and 4.6 and shot .457...Bosh 12 and 7. Two supposed stars producing in the area of Kendall Gill and Kurt Thomas. Team is a looking less and less special every year.

They could compete and potentially win for probably 2-3 more years as long as Bosh doesnt follow Wade into early old age. But they arent the almost sure thing people used to think they were.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    I don't understand people calling the 2011 Heat stacked. It was literally James, Wade and Bosh, nothing else. Haslem and Miller were supposed to contribute but they were injured all year. Chalmers was below average back then and the rest of the team was garbage. I get that Wade was a lot better in 11 vs now, but that Heat team was the least "team" I've maybe ever seen.
    Most stacked was the last 2 seasons, with the additions of Ray Allen, Shane Battier, Chris Anderson, and development of Mario Chalmers. Lebron had also improved since joining the Heat (his regular season lull doesn't frighten me in terms of his skills and experience). Heat had that 26-game win and won two titles. But their "stackedness" is relative to the age and mileage of their best players, particularly Wade, Allen, and Haslem who's probably near done. They were/are definitely stacked relative to the competition of their time

They were, but now I can only laugh at people who say so.

Banned

the problem is that Wade and Bron still mess up their roles. Wade himself said he needed to take a step back and let lebron take over or they will never win it all.
    since he did that they never lost a series.

but he often still dominates the ball way to much when hes in there. dont get me wrong, hes very efficent and still a good player but everyone who watched the heat the last three seasons will agree with that: The Heat win if LeBron plays elite,Wade plays efficently mostly off LeBron and Bosh doesnt shit the bed. even if Wade has a HUGE game and LeBron has an okay game, they lose nearly every single time. If Lebron has a huge game and Wade has an okay game, they nearly win every single time. i dont know why that is, but its a FACT.

Wade will put up 20-22/5 on ELITE efficency if he plays off LeBron and takes over when hes without LeBron. that is how the Heat win. but imo Wade is to proud and always tries to ignore that. that is how they lost around 10-15 games this season alone.

that being said its still not their biggest problem. the biggest problem is the absymal play of EVERY single role player except Birdman and Bosh'( Bosh is a role player at this point).
    they are so UNBELIEVABLY DUMB, take shots they shouldnt take and play horrible defense. some guy like Rashard and Ray just cant accept they arent 29 anymore
    the role players need to step up HUGE for Miami to have any chance, and while that happened in the past, i doubt it will happen this year.
    whatever happens, Riley has to trade Chalmers,Cole,Rashard and maybe Allen in the off season.
    Miami is absolutely not stacked at this point, they just play in a shitty conference

They have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. So yes they are stacked. A bunch of their role players are old, but that's essentially irrelevant because all of them would play larger roles on almost any other team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    its still the same, except Chalmers went from below average to useless retarded rabbit on cocaine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by (e)
    They have Lebron, Wade, and Bosh. So yes they are stacked. A bunch of their role players are old, but that's essentially irrelevant because all of them would play larger roles on almost any other team.
    reported

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

A bunch of their role players are old, but that's essentially irrelevant because all of them would play larger roles on almost any other team.
    Who?

Rashard Lewis was putting up 8ppg on 38% shooting on the Wizards three years ago.

Beasley played 20 minutes a game in 20 stars on a 25 win Suns team two years ago and was a free agent it didnt seem anyone was excited to sign. He put up 10ppg on 40% shooting as a bench player on a team that had nothing but other role players.

Chris Anderson has 10 starts in his entire NBA career and in 5 seasons(more really but im not counting seasons he barely played) he played less minutes than he does on the Heat. He was out of the league when the Heat added him.

Its been 5 years since Roger Mason put up even 6ppg anywhere.

Toney Douglas played less minutes on the Warriors than he does on the Heat and in his beat season like 5 years ago he got 9 starts on a bad team.

James Jones was a 4ppg player for 2 years on the Heat before the Big 3 formed.

Joel Anthony was ass on the Heat and is a 0.9ppg low minutes nobody now on the Celtics shooting 36%.

Greg Oden was out for 4 or 5 years.

Battier played 24 minutes his last Memphis run. Hes played 23, 25, and 19 a game on the Heat getting less and less effective and hes retiring this summer.

Chalmers was putting up 7/3 off the bench before the Big 3. He could be someone elses role player point im sure but he isnt what anyone is looking for in a starting point.

Cole is just....a standard deep bench guard. He would be third string on the Bulls right now. 4th with Rose back.

Ray could do more on a bad team....but he wouldnt play on one. Hes 38. 39 soon. This role is what he has left.

Haslem?

He could be someone elses now and then off the bench bigman but not much else. He didnt have a single start on the 2010 Heat. Lifetime role player. And not a large role. He might be the "spirit" of the team or whatever but hes not playing much anywhere.

The Heat role players are nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Who?

Rashard Lewis was putting up 8ppg on 38% shooting on the Wizards three years ago.

Beasley played 20 minutes a game in 20 stars on a 25 win Suns team two years ago and was a free agent it didnt seem anyone was excited to sign. He put up 10ppg on 40% shooting as a bench player on a team that had nothing but other role players.

Chris Anderson has 10 starts in his entire NBA career and in 5 seasons(more really but im not counting seasons he barely played) he played less minutes than he does on the Heat. He was out of the league when the Heat added him.

Its been 5 years since Roger Mason put up even 6ppg anywhere.

Toney Douglas played less minutes on the Warriors than he does on the Heat and in his beat season like 5 years ago he got 9 starts on a bad team.

James Jones was a 4ppg player for 2 years on the Heat before the Big 3 formed.

Joel Anthony was ass on the Heat and is a 0.9ppg low minutes nobody now on the Celtics shooting 36%.

Greg Oden was out for 4 or 5 years.

Battier played 24 minutes his last Memphis run. Hes played 23, 25, and 19 a game on the Heat getting less and less effective and hes retiring this summer.

Chalmers was putting up 7/3 off the bench before the Big 3. He could be someone elses role player point im sure but he isnt what anyone is looking for in a starting point.

Cole is just....a standard deep bench guard. He would be third string on the Bulls right now. 4th with Rose back.

Ray could do more on a bad team....but he wouldnt play on one. Hes 38. 39 soon. This role is what he has left.

Haslem?

He could be someone elses now and then off the bench bigman but not much else. He didnt have a single start on the 2010 Heat. Lifetime role player. And not a large role. He might be the "spirit" of the team or whatever but hes not playing much anywhere.

The Heat role players are nothing special.

BTW, all the intelligent posters in this thread see that they are not stacked. The dumb ones, well you cant do anything about them They ll believe want they want to believe.