Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Why do people pretend Ricky Rubio is so unathletic?

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    I can't remember seeing this guy dunk even once. He was a scrub, I guess.
    i never said he was a scrub i said he wasn't athletic enough.

Quote Originally Posted by lilderrickrose
    i never said he was a scrub i said he wasn't athletic enough.
    Enough for what? Dunking? What a big deal

Enough for what? Dunking? What a big deal
    I am just saying this thread was about why do people pretend rubio is so unathletic.

because he can't throw it down that is the main reason IMO.

This guy would have never won his MVP's without his earth shattering dunks

Quote Originally Posted by lilderrickrose
    I am just saying this thread was about why do people pretend rubio is so unathletic.

because he can't throw it down that is the main reason IMO.
    The main reason for people considering him unathletic is him being a white European kid.

Good Night everybody and like always **** the haters.

Dont get yourself banned for posting retarded pictures RonySeikaly. You are one of the few gimmicks around here who is actually entertaining.

Decent playground baller

let's be honest here, we now live in an american sports era in which any white player in football or basketball is "not athletic", "not a good athlete", and "slow", regardless of what their actual capabilities are.

it wasn't always this way. the analysts and announcers were much more fair 20 years ago, even 10 years ago. i'm in my 30s, which i'm guessing makes me pretty old here. i notice that every year, the white athletes get less and less "athletic" according to the announcers and analysts. average black players are now praised, while white players who are somewhat better are talked down.

there's nothing i can do, so i just accept this as the way it is. today, it's simply automatic for american sports casters to inform us that white athletes are unathletic. during the coverage of the olympic basketball tournament, it was like they went out of their way to remind us that any white player who was playing well was actually not a good athlete, but performed at a high level due to, well, any other reason.

average black football players in particular are routinely described as having abilities that are far beyond their actual talent level. at the NFL combine, a white player can literally test out bigger, faster, stronger, and more explosive than many black players, but his scouting report will say he "lacks speed" or "has tight hips" or "does not have ideal size" or whatever ridiculous thing it is that the white player doesn't have. even if the white player was more productive at the NCAA level, the black players, with no evidence whatsoever, automatically have "more upside" in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
    Dont get yourself banned for posting retarded pictures RonySeikaly. You are one of the few gimmicks around here who is actually entertaining.
    34 rebounds in one game!

Quote Originally Posted by jody
    let's be honest here, we now live in an american sports era in which any white player in football or basketball is "not athletic", "not a good athlete", and "slow", regardless of what their actual capabilities are.

it wasn't always this way. the analysts and announcers were much more fair 20 years ago, even 10 years ago. i'm in my 30s, which i'm guessing makes me pretty old here. i notice that every year, the white athletes get less and less "athletic" according to the announcers and analysts. average black players are now praised, while white players who are somewhat better are talked down.

there's nothing i can do, so i just accept this as the way it is. today, it's simply automatic for american sports casters to inform us that white athletes are unathletic. during the coverage of the olympic basketball tournament, it was like they went out of their way to remind us that any white player who was playing well was actually not a good athlete, but performed at a high level due to, well, any other reason.

average black football players in particular are routinely described as having abilities that are far beyond their actual talent level. at the NFL combine, a white player can literally test out bigger, faster, stronger, and more explosive than many black players, but his scouting report will say he "lacks speed" or "has tight hips" or "does not have ideal size" or whatever ridiculous thing it is that the white player doesn't have. even if the white player was more productive at the NCAA level, the black players, with no evidence whatsoever, automatically have "more upside" in the NFL.
    White players are in general less athletic than black players. It's not profiling, it's fact.

Not all stereotypes are wrong.

And I doubt a scout would claim a white NFL player wasn't athletic if he truly was. Their job is to evaluate a player to assist GM's in making important franchise decisions. I'd like to see the guy willing to put his job/reputation on the line by purposely mis-identifying a players athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Why do people pretend Ricky Rubio is so unathletic?
    I just go by what the draft reports say. It says his athelectism is a weakness, but makes up for it in basketball IQ.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Rubio is probly as athletic as billups.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Rubio is probly as athletic as billups.
    Billups is much more stronger.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Billups is much more stronger.
    I dont see how stronger has anything to do with athletic..

HIT THE WEIGHT ROOM

National High School Star

Because he's not black, duh!