Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Draft,

Decent college freshman

Default Re: 2015 Draft,

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I think the Kings and Nuggets are looking at the same players we are lol. The Kings basically have the same needs that we do. The Nuggets just have a ton of holes in their lineup right now. It really seems like the Nuggets are high on Hezonja, but does that really make sense when they have guys like Gallinari and Wilson Chandler? It would seem to me that Cauley-Stein would fit with Denver better. Even if Hezonja is there I'm not sure if the Pistons would take him over someone like Johnson. It looks like the Pistons want someone who is more NBA ready... Hezonja will definitely take a few years to develop.
    WCS doesn't really fit with Faried and Nurkic at all. Denver ends up with one of the Euros IMO.

Decent college freshman

I really like Winslow but I've said all along I don't think someone 6'6" can be a really good SF. He needs a few more inches.
    Length and standing reach are typically more important than height. Winslow is equivalent there to guys like H.Barnes and J.Butler

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Nuggets board has to be

Winslow
    WCS
    Dammit we're screwed
    Hopefully WCS won't be a Piston so that's a good thing. We need him to go high.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Yes ^ The higher WCS goes the better,

I highly doubt we take him anyway even if he was available.

Just watched some more tape on Dekker, his combine workout - he has got to have one of the nicest releases on his jump shot. High release, high arc, effortless... This could be a good who really excels in the NBA. Not with #8 but say SVG was to make a trade and we were to snatch #12 - #16 I would not hesitate to go for him over Oubre, Dekker, Hollis etc

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Yes ^ The higher WCS goes the better,

I highly doubt we take him anyway even if he was available.

Just watched some more tape on Dekker, his combine workout - he has got to have one of the nicest releases on his jump shot. High release, high arc, effortless... This could be a good who really excels in the NBA. Not with #8 but say SVG was to make a trade and we were to snatch #12 - #16 I would not hesitate to go for him over Oubre, Dekker, Hollis etc
    Dekker definitely intrigues me quite a bit. There are drafts where I'd take him at 8. Some team like OKC is going to get a steal.

NBA lottery pick

When the Pistons kept saying there's a few guards there looking at I think I know what they're talking about now. Teams are starting to consider Stanley Johnson a 2 guard instead of a SF. Apparently he's measured shorter than what he's listed at. He's more like 6'5" or 6'6". He too small to play much SF in the NBA. With that said I've seen him listed as high as the 2nd best player in the draft. I think a team would be crazy to draft him 2 though.

I think his game pans out more like a true SF and not a SG ^ Stanley Johnson. The comparisons to Artest are actually physically quite accurate - built so powerful, and he is maybe 1 or 2 inches shorter than average at that position but i'm sure his length makes up for it. I think out of all the wings he has the least potential to play SG...

Booker seems to be a hot comodity and rising right now - i'v seen various reports sayig how he is the best shooter in the draft / compares to Klay Thompson, very mature... I think t #8 that is too high and we really don't need to patch that position up as KCP is looking like a legit two-way role player who is improving (ranked #2 in the league for increase in ppg after Butler)..

Winslow / Hezonja / Johnson / Porzingas - in that order for me should be our big board (even though I know Porzingas is probably the most highly touted out of those 4)...

Decent college freshman

When the Pistons kept saying there's a few guards there looking at I think I know what they're talking about now. Teams are starting to consider Stanley Johnson a 2 guard instead of a SF. Apparently he's measured shorter than what he's listed at. He's more like 6'5" or 6'6". He too small to play much SF in the NBA. With that said I've seen him listed as high as the 2nd best player in the draft. I think a team would be crazy to draft him 2 though.
    Johnson is definitely all SF. The SGs were likely Hezonja and Booker, maybe Hunter too.

NBA lottery pick

Is there another true SF currently in the NBA who is 6'5"? He's listed at 6'7" but measured at 6'5". There's just not enough good wing players available in this draft.

Decent college freshman

Is there another true SF currently in the NBA who is 6'5"? He's listed at 6'7" but measured at 6'5". There's just not enough good wing players available in this draft.
    Without shoes,like Johnson, probably so. Its better to go off of standing reach and to look at wingspan as well. Johnson doens't have the skillset to play SG IMO He's a combo F type. Kawhi is 6'6 in socks too, for example. Johnson is either a SF or he's a bust.

If Stanley was built like most 6'6 rookies at around 205 pounds then no, he couldn't play SF - he would more than likely get manhandled. But the fact that he is 240+ pounds with high energy / motor, and known for his defensive instincts - I say he has no problem playing the position in the NBA, especially considering how popular small ball is becoming...

Entering the draft Kawhi was compared to Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, 6'7 and weighed 225,

Stanley is compared to Kawhi / Artest, 6'6 and weighs 242

Obviously Kawhi has blown all expectations of him out of the water and become a star, but whats saying Stanley can't do that? Considering he is somewhat of a better prospect than Kawhi was entering the draft...

Also Stanley has a 6'11.5" wingspan - which is the same as Paul George, Andrew Wiggins and Blake Griffin, and has a standing reach of 8'6" - which is the same as Gordan Hayward, Khris Middleton and Jabari Parker.

I think he will translate well as a SF in the league, that is just my opinion.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    If Stanley was built like most 6'6 rookies at around 205 pounds then no, he couldn't play SF - he would more than likely get manhandled. But the fact that he is 240+ pounds with high energy / motor, and known for his defensive instincts - I say he has no problem playing the position in the NBA, especially considering how popular small ball is becoming...

Entering the draft Kawhi was compared to Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, 6'7 and weighed 225,

Stanley is compared to Kawhi / Artest, 6'6 and weighs 242

Obviously Kawhi has blown all expectations of him out of the water and become a star, but whats saying Stanley can't do that? Considering he is somewhat of a better prospect than Kawhi was entering the draft...

Also Stanley has a 6'11.5" wingspan - which is the same as Paul George, Andrew Wiggins and Blake Griffin, and has a standing reach of 8'6" - which is the same as Gordan Hayward, Khris Middleton and Jabari Parker.

I think he will translate well as a SF in the league, that is just my opinion.
    Yup, good stuff.

Decent college freshman

Man I would love to have a 2ndlate lottery pick this year. The depth at the top is pushing a few really good prospects down. Kaminsky particularly,but also Dekker,Hunter,Delon Wright,Portis,Booker and Looney.

NBA lottery pick

I wouldn't mind one of those guys, but you gotta figure out of all of them you just listed probably just one is going to turn into a decent player. Huge risk. It depends on what Detroit would have to give up to get that pick.

For examample if we had a pick between 16 - 20 and Looney was still available?! I'd be all over that. Or if we were to take Porzingas at #8 i'd love to have a crack at Dekker / Oubre if one of them was to slip into that 16-20 range...

Jennings to Houston for #18? To Dallas for #21? Both need help at the point,