Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Does Kyrie Irving have the most complete scoring skill set since kobe.

Durant has the most complete scoring as set right now. He a has a great middle game, last year a top five post game, very good long rang game. Hes best in the game in creating for himself and a top notch finisher. He's a significant step above anybody but Kyrie does rank very high.

Kyrie is tall, even seems taller than 6'3 and his shoulders are broad like John Wall who is one of a very few PGs that is bigger in height and has wider shoulders. Pretty sure Rose and Smart are stronger tho. But Kyrie is nimble for his height.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Default Re: Does Kyrie Irving have the most complete scoring skill set since kobe.

LOL since Kobe? Cant even shoot over 40%. I have all the moves too, just that the ball doesnt go in very often

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Put the pipe down, boy. At his very athletic peak, Kobe had a 3i inch vehicle and an extremely slow first step.
    What the hell. Kobe's first step is one of his best athletic traits. That's why he was still finishing at the rim in 2013

is kyrie even in his prime?

what about his defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Durant has the most complete scoring as set right now. He a has a great middle game, last year a top five post game, very good long rang game. Hes best in the game in creating for himself and a top notch finisher. He's a significant step above anybody but Kyrie does rank very high.

Kyrie is tall, even seems taller than 6'3 and his shoulders are broad like John Wall who is one of a very few PGs that is bigger in height and has wider shoulders. Pretty sure Rose and Smart are stronger tho. But Kyrie is nimble for his height.
    he sure posted up 6'2 tony allen and 5'11 chris paul!

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    he sure posted up 6'2 tony allen and 5'11 chris paul!

You even bolded LAST YEAR. He was ready for them this year.

Very good NBA starter

Yes. Imagine if he was like 6'6, dude would have top 10 all time potential

Local High School Star

Put the pipe down, boy. At his very athletic peak, Kobe had a 3i inch vehicle and an extremely slow first step.
    Don't embarrass yourself by putting him on Durants level from an athletic standpoint.

And yes, Durant, iis infintantly more complete than Kobe ever was offensively.

Kobe had a blazing first step and unbelievable body control and coordination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg1O49X5k0U

Durant's length, quickness and coordination does enable him to impose himself more physically though. His attributes give him a definitive advantage in any matchup.

Kyrie is the most complete scorer since Kobe imo. He actually has a great post game when he uses it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC0BukoeRQ

But anyways, Kyrie is the goat ballhandler and he has a blazing first step. If you play up on him, he is going to go by you. Its as simple as that. He's a terrific finisher, and he will convert at the rim on ridiculous shots. He is also an elite 3point shooter, so if you play off of him, he will knock it down at 40%. On top of all that, he shoots 47% on long two pointers, which means that he can pull up at literally any point during his drive and knock down a jumper, if by some chance you manage to stay in front of him in the first place.

Guards like Harden and Westbrook don't have that ability. Neither are as shifty off the dribble or are quite as fluid as Kyrie to be honest. I think Kyrie's athleticism is very underrated, as he might actually be the most agile guard since 2009-2012 D.Rose. His coordination is really unreal. Its another fluidity and agility is another attribute he shares with Kobe.

Like I've said before, Kyrie Irving = 6'3" better shooting, less defensive ability, Kobe Bryant

Kyrie is not as good, however, because kobe had ridiculous endurance, was taller, more athletic and just a more dominant, game-changing scorer. I can't see Kyrie putting together 9 straight 40 point games, or 4 straight 50 point games. Kobe was a really efficient volume scorer, probably the second greatest scorer ever.
    Last edited by CTbasketball92; 07-31-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    You even bolded LAST YEAR. He was ready for them this year.
    based on what? Durant has no post game whatsoever.

The NBA is in good hands now with Durant, Curry, and Kyrie

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    The NBA is in good hands now with Durant, Curry, and Kyrie
    I think you're forgetting someone..

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    based on what? Durant has no post game whatsoever.
    At work now but YouTube Durant 2015 highlights. In the high post 10-15 feet he's in the argument for the best in the game. Last year he obviously worked on his game. He has that Dirk like shot now.

Damm, I watched like 45 minutes of his highlights and his game is off the charts. Making NBA players and defenses look silly. His career highlights rival that of any PG in history despite playing only 4 years. He might have the best handles I have ever seen. I don't think anyone is a better finisher near the rim, perhaps ever. The type of shots he's able to get off in traffic is unreal. Unreal array of spins, crossovers, ability to split doubles and just toy with guys. And he can shoot.

The 55 and 57 pt games last year is PROOF of what he is capable of. Barring injury, this guy is going to have more of these crazy scoring games. The guy's game is unreal. I could also see him having some legendary games in the playoffs. He has the potential to be an all time great.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Don't embarrass yourself by putting him on Durants level from an athletic standpoint.

And yes, Durant, iis infintantly more complete than Kobe ever was offensively.

typical bran stan

It's definitely arguable between him and Durant. Haven't seen a high scoring game as entertaining as Kyrie's 57 since Kobe's 81.
    Last edited by G0ATbe; 08-02-2015 at 04:02 PM.