Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: How Did Barkley Manage to Have Such a High 2-Point FG% and Over 20 PPG?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Not really. Barkley was a horrific defender at a extremely important defensive position and wasn't as dominant offensively as his volume numbers suggest. Prime Kobe is definitely better.
    ORtg, Barkley '87-'93:

And this spans bad teams and good ones. For comparison, Kobe has never posted an ORtg over 115. Food for thought.

Default Re: How Did Barkley Manage to Have Such a High 2-Point FG% and Over 20 PPG?

Prime Charles Barkley was the best player in the world not named Michael Jordan. That's how good he was. You can argue his laziness on D all you want, but there's no denying how talented, skilled, and tenacious he was.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    ORtg, Barkley '87-'93:

And this spans bad teams and good ones. For comparison, Kobe has never posted an ORtg over 115. Food for thought.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    ORtg, Barkley '87-'93:

Yeah, and Stocton posted better ORTG's than Bryant too. Guess he's better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    Yeah, and Stocton posted better ORTG's than Bryant too. Guess he's better as well.
    Yes he is because he can Shoot Efficently over 50% FG on 14-17 PPG and Create 11-14 APG.

So as an Offensive Player he is Better.

Very good NBA starter

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    A combination of Melo meets Z. Randolph
    yeah I've always though that part of the reason Barkley likes Zbo so much is they are kind of similar players. I always thought of Randolph as a poor man's Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Pure hustle, desire and an understanding of how the ball comes off the rim and getting to the position before your opponent. Rodman had the same ability... those guys actually made rebounding fun to watch and emulate.

this

as well as explosive and quick hops plenty of guys can get up there, but none can get off of the floor as quick as barkley, without a run up, or any preparation.

also a big wide frame is as useful is better for rebounding than a long slender one. think of the top rebounders in the league, love, z-bo, griffin humphries, none of these guys are very tall, but all very wide and strong.

Charles Barkley = Most Underrated Player of All Time

Despite these great stats, he was still better on court than it looks on papers.

He was that good.

LOL at round mound saying he is not a homer. everything you post is about barkley and you turn topics that weren't even about him about barkley

Great college starter

Can you mother****ers stop quoting Kobe Stans????? I have them on ignore so I wont read their bullshit, and you motha****kas can't stop being trolled by them.
    Charles a mismatch in those days. Too strong for small forwards and too fast for power forwards. Young kids never saw him play. Kobe Stans talk out of their ass like they saw him play D. LoL Dude was a good shot blocker for his size. Sure he stopped giving a **** about D. I can name a lot of players that did that.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Despite these great stats, he was still better on court than it looks on papers.

He was that good.
    Amen

To the Other Dude: I am teaching many youngsters about the real Barkley before injuries so STFUP don`t like my Threds then don`t read em.

2-Point FG% is the Most Important Offensive Stat for PFs

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    Can you mother****ers stop quoting Kobe Stans????? I have them on ignore so I wont read their bullshit, and you motha****kas can't stop being trolled by them.
    Charles a mismatch in those days. Too strong for small forwards and too fast for power forwards. Young kids never saw him play. Kobe Stans talk out of their ass like they saw him play D. LoL Dude was a good shot blocker for his size. Sure he stopped giving a **** about D. I can name a lot of players that did that.
    The thread is about Barkley and the Kobe (A Top 20 Player) Stans have to get him in the mix not only comparing him to Jordan but not realizing that Kobe wasn`t even better than Karl Malone (A Top 15-20 Player)