Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why does Cleveland think that victory is owed to them?

Is it because Bron was born in Akron so Cleveland feels that they deserve to have him win a ring for them?

Is it because Cleveland hasn't won shit since 1964 that they feel it's time for them to get theirs?

Is it because they feel that since they weren't one of the 400,000 people to leave Cleveland over the last 4 decades that they feel entitled to something?

Is it a combination of all the above?

Born in Euclid, having spent many many years in Cleveland but now living in south Ohio, I never bought into all this jargon.

This whole born here, raised here, plays here, stays here shit is laughable. Wiggins is from Canada and once he matures and starts winning CLE some rings people with think nothing of his birth place.

Some places win, some don't. I gauge WINNING by my own personal accomplishments in my own life, not by the accomplishments of the sports teams that reside where I'm from. Not sure why other fellow Clevelanders find this such a hard concept to grasp.

Clevelanders should NOT be going into the 2015, 2016, or even the 2017 with some big expectation that they are going to win it all. I don't care what the "odds" are that the media is throwing around. Just don't do it. Get rid of that mindset.

It's just not a realistic expectation and I foresee some Clevelanders setting themselves up for a massive meltdown between the Cavs and Jonny football.

Put the town on suicide watch.

Banned

Default Re: Why does Cleveland think that victory is owed to them?

How come you waited until LeBron came back to post so passionately about the Cavs and loyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    Is it because Bron was born in Akron so Cleveland feels that they deserve to have him win a ring for them?

Is it because Cleveland hasn't won shit since 1964 that they feel it's time for them to get theirs?

Is it because they feel that since they weren't one of the 400,000 people to leave Cleveland over the last 4 decades that they feel entitled to something?

Is it a combination of all the above?

Born in Euclid, having spent many many years in Cleveland but now living in south Ohio, I never bought into all this jargon.

This whole born here, raised here, plays here, stays here shit is laughable. Wiggins is from Canada and once he matures and starts winning CLE some rings people with think nothing of his birth place.

Some places win, some don't. I gauge WINNING by my own personal accomplishments in my own life, not by the accomplishments of the sports teams that reside where I'm from. Not sure why other fellow Clevelanders find this such a hard concept to grasp.

Clevelanders should NOT be going into the 2015, 2016, or even the 2017 with some big expectation that they are going to win it all. I don't care what the "odds" are that the media is throwing around. Just don't do it. Get rid of that mindset.

It's just not a realistic expectation and I foresee some Clevelanders setting themselves up for a massive meltdown between the Cavs and Jonny football.

Put the town on suicide watch.
    I don't think you'll be winning any NBA championships anytime soon

because the city of Cleveland is a pathetic wasteland that represents the very fabric of the great depression.

They need something good in their miserable lives.

I dont expect a championship before 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukoc
    You are a smart fan. Many are thinking that Cavs are winning it all next season and setting themselves up for a meltdown.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Agreed. This year is a pipe dream. Durant will get his first ring. MAYBE if the Cavs get Love, they could be a contender this year. I still think it will take a year to get the chemistry straight.

Quote Originally Posted by LBJFTW
    You are a smart fan. Many are thinking that Cavs are winning it all next season and setting themselves up for a meltdown.

Thank you.

The only player except for LeBron who have any play off experience is Varejo.
    The roster is not ready at all.
    Even if we do get Kevin Love, he has no play off experience either.

So the next two years, it will be great just to make the ECF or the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by FrobeShaw
    How come you waited until LeBron came back to post so passionately about the Cavs and loyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Agreed. This year is a pipe dream. Durant will get his first ring. MAYBE if the Cavs get Love, they could be a contender this year. I still think it will take a year to get the chemistry straight.

If Spurs stays healthy they will win it again.
    Indiana must be the favorite to win the East.

Cleveland, Chicago and Miami are contenders for the ECF finals, with some luck they will make the finals.
    But they wont win it this year

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Honestly, Durant will never win a title. LeBron even with young players would still break it off in his ass. Dude is a loser to the fullest. Not even the leader of his team. And LeBron doesn't owe Cleveland shit. Be happy he is back since the front office ****ed up terribly the first time.

If Spurs stays healthy they will win it again.
    Indiana must be the favorite to win the East.

Cleveland, Chicago and Miami are contenders for the ECF finals, with some luck they will make the finals.
    But they wont win it this year
    Spurs could very well repeat, but I think Morrow is huge for the Thunder and solves a lot of their issues

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Honestly, Durant will never win a title. LeBron even with young players would still break it off in his ass. Dude is a loser to the fullest. Not even the leader of his team. And LeBron doesn't owe Cleveland shit. Be happy he is back since the front office ****ed up terribly the first time.
    I might have phrased it wrong. let me fix it

Westbrook will win the title

They need more than just Morrow.

In the series against Spurs, they had almost no bench point.

Quote Originally Posted by FrobeShaw
    Because I posted my thoughts on RCF forum and after 5 replies the thread got deleted in under 10 minutes.

I guess any opinion against lebron that is not favorable on that message board is
    deleted in fear that some depressed Cleveleander may commit suicide over it. They can't possibly comprehend how a knowledgeable fan would be looking at this whole debacle with a bit of scrutiny.

They need more than just Morrow.

In the series against Spurs, they had almost no bench point.
    Without Morrow, they pushed the Spurs to 6 without having Ibaka for 2 games. Don't act like the Spurs would blow them out