Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Default Re: Wiggins assured by Cavs that he won't be traded

then why is he fainting?

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    exactly. Irving will try and make a power play and butt heads with Lebron and that will be it. his ass will be traded.

I don't think that will happen. Irving is probably thrilled to be getting some help in here.

He won't have to be so focused on always being our #1 scorer, and will start facilitating more.

Coach Blatt will probably make sure of this too. No more freestyle ISO ball. We will run plays and be an actual team, like SA.

NBA Finals

Kyrie Irving has yet to make the playoffs. Why would he butt heads with 2x NBA Finals Mvp

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
    Dont worry guys, probably only 99% of players traded, in any sport, have been told the same thing.
    So it will be more official when the Cavs sign Wiggins then? That should happen immediately after James inks his contract.

Btw, it is amazing the low opinion a lot of people have about Kyrie Irving. Last year at this time he was the darling of the NBA. Now he's apparently going to butt heads with James and be traded. WTF is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    So it will be more official when the Cavs sign Wiggins then? That should happen immediately after James inks his contract.
    Probably, but I would rather have Love.

Still, Lebron + Irving + Wiggins is not bad at all

Btw, it is amazing the low opinion a lot of people have about Kyrie Irving. Last year at this time he was the darling of the NBA. Now he's apparently going to butt heads with James and be traded. WTF is wrong with people?
    People spew hate and are irrational just to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Probably, but I would rather have Love.

Still, Lebron + Irving + Wiggins is not bad at all
    There is something to be said about winning with guys that your team actually drafted and you watch grow as opposed to becoming a team of mercenaries. That isn't to say I would say no to Love, because he is only 25 and we have been trying to trade for him since long before this James thing. But, not at the price of Wiggins.

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Kyrie is a cool dude, and a bad mofo. I like him, I think he's going to be the key to the team. Once he doesn't go into stand and watch mode, I have Cav's as my favorites to come out the East regardless of Wiggins' situation.

There is something to be said about winning with guys that your team actually drafted and you watch grow as opposed to becoming a team of mercenaries. That isn't to say I would say no to Love, because he is only 25 and we have been trying to trade for him since long before this James thing. But, not at the price of Wiggins.
    I really don't care about these arbitrary distinction people make. What does it matter if you get a player through the draft or through free agency ? What matters is winning, especially when you are a team that never has, and Love would give us the best chance to finally do so.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

I agree that that is the best possible scenario...if it's reasonable, but trying to do a slow build with Lebron probably having 4 years of true prime left is silly.

I'm not saying you guys have to trade Wiggins or even go after Love, but at least trading Waiters and or Thompson and some picks for something real should be a must if Wiggins is off the table.

Thompson is up after this year. Waiters is up after the next year. How long will you guys have to develop all these picks when your team is flooded with young players to begin with?

You really want to worry about paying Thompson...a 12/10 pf that will be 23 next year at this time? Won't teams be lining up to overpay the shit out of him?

Like I said...they dont' have to trade Wiggins, but what they do need to do is make moves to try and get this team's core of the future set as much as possible so they can grow together. It seems like Thompson won't be a part of that. Will someone offer him 4 years 44 million next summer? Probably...perhaps more given the cap increase and shortage of double double bigs in the league.

If Wiggins really is off the table...I have to imagine that a 3 team deal involving Waiters/Thompson and all 3 first round picks this year would be enough to land Love or some legit assets.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

"[I]The Cavs

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

[QUOTE=tmacattack33]"[I]The Cavs

kobetard

I was thinking, kyrie hasn't had much success with the cavs and there seemed to be some locker room trouble this year, but he decided to stay anyway rather than bolting. Very respectable, he should be #1 in the hearts of clevelanders

And i would keep wiggins too, he's gotta have a higher ceiling than love. Only reason to trade would be if one were overly concerned about lebron's legacy, winning right now while he's still in his prime.

[QUOTE=tmacattack33]"[I]The Cavs