Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: So we finna act like ISH servers aren't upgraded?

Say there are 5 million active ISH users. When there's a big game, like the Christmas game, a large percentage of those 5 million users will be watching that game. And if something big happens during that game, a lot of those 5 million users are going to log on ISH, thus crashing the site.

Now take Lebron going to Cleveland. This wasn't event, like the decision where they had a TV show that every one of those 5 million users knew about, and 99% of them were going to tune in. This was the total opposite of the decision, with people not even knowing if the decision was going to happen on a July 8 or 9, 14, or July 21. The vast majority of those 5 million users are going to be living their life, finding out about the news at different times throughout the day. Thus the site can handle it much easier.

The 5 million was used as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    DaSeba my nikka I hope the Heat/Cavs never face the in the playoffs because I don't want to be rooting against you

You think there is any chance at all that Wade could actually end up on the bulls? I don't see it happening

No. Wade is a Heatle for life.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Say there are 5 million active ISH users. When there's a big game, like the Christmas game, a large percentage of those 5 million users will be watching that game. And if something big happens during that game, a lot of those 5 million users are going to log on ISH, thus crashing the site.

Now take Lebron going to Cleveland. This wasn't event, like the decision where they had a TV show that every one of those 5 million users knew about, and 99% of them were going to tune in. This was the total opposite of the decision, with people not even knowing if the decision was going to happen on a July 8 or 9, 14, or July 21. The vast majority of those 5 million users are going to be living their life, finding out about the news at different times throughout the day. Thus the site can handle it much easier.

The 5 million was used as an example.
    Good post bro. How long was the board down when the Decision happened?

Good post bro. How long was the board down when the Decision happened?
    Thanks.

I really don't remember. All I remember was listening to it live on the radio, no cable, and kind of happy that something NBA related was becoming really big news.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Dude has no respect for Jeff
    Shut up you little kiss ass