Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: BREAKING: Isaiah Thomas sign-and-trade to Suns; 4 years, $27 million

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    Dragic Bledsoe Thomas, one of them will be gone.

But fk that if they move Dragic, he was the leader of the team last season and played his ass off even more when his running mate was out. Dragic had shown he wants to play in Phx. Also a Thomas Bledsoe backcourt would be too small. No matter how u try to figure Thomas is too small for any two PGs tandem.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the Suns sign IT up as a six man. They did sign Thomas for a good price. I'll just wait and see how the Suns gonna work this around
    I feel the same way. I don't want dragic traded. Bledsoe and Thomas are undersized as it is, and tbh dragic seems like the one with the most loyalty and heart.

Default Re: BREAKING: Isaiah Thomas sign-and-trade to Suns; 4 years, $27 million

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    I feel the same way. I don't want dragic traded. Bledsoe and Thomas are undersized as it is, and tbh dragic seems like the one with the most loyalty and heart.
    QFT. If anyone gets traded, it should be Thomas or Bledsoe.

With the way the Suns play, they can play either Dragic or Bledsoe at the SG spot. Of course, they're not gonna win a title playing that way... but they won quite a few games in the Western Conference last year running teams off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    With the way the Suns play, they can play either Dragic or Bledsoe at the SG spot. Of course, they're not gonna win a title playing that way... but they won quite a few games in the Western Conference last year running teams off the court.
    just to get all 3 guys 36 minutes on average, they would need to have one of the 3 of them at shooting guard for the entire game

i dont think you can give up that big a size disadvantage all game, every game for a season

People forget that the suns run a lineup of:
    PG1
    PG2
    SF
    PF
    CT

So having 3 or even 4 good PGs is not that bad.
    Plus that's an AMAZING price for IT who's WAAAY underrated and he seems to be thrilled to play in PHX.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Replace Thomas with Collison we are still garbage, the problem was not letting Thomas go but re-signing Gay which raped the cap, and not yet trying to trade for a shot blocker like Sanders.

Honestly keeping Thomas wins us at most 2-3 more games than we would with that squad. Collison as a starter in his career is well above 500. I don't think the team is worse but we are for sure not better.

Got to package Mclemore/Dwill/whenver else we have that valuable to get some pieces. Aside from the Williams for LRMAM every other trade PDA has made has been trash.

We have to many average players signed to quality deals and keeping Thomas would have added another one tbh.
    Gay was a player-option. Not the Kings decision. Should try to dump him to Lakers for Nash or something, lol.

I notice a lot of people here and on other sites confused about the idea of a 3 point guard line-up. You've already acknowledged how absurd that idea sounds so why not pay more attention to what your thinking. A 3 point guard line-up are you crazy!.. When Dragic is resting, Thomas is in. When Bledsoe is resting, Thomas is in. Wow that was hard.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Dragic and Bledsoe will be logging heavy minutes if we keep both. So Thomas can take the backup point minutes. How about Green, assuming he spend some time at forward like last season, we still need PT to develop Goodwin. And Green will not be happy with his PT. Tucker will log majority of his minutes at SF, due to his D and hustle. Marcus spend time at SF as well. Thomas is too good for Ish Smith type of minutes.

Someone got to go. We are too deep at the point, but very thin at the 4 and 5. If point guards are our assets, we should move one to strengthen the front court

Not sure why some people are freaking out?
    Dragic and Bledsoe are very capable of playing off the ball and guarding 2s.. Bledsoe may be 6'1" but he has a 6'7.5" wingspan keep in mind.
    Vast majority of the backcourt minutes go to Dragic, Bledsoe and Thomas while Ennis and Goodwin develop.
    Green and Tucker play exclusively at the 3, Goodwin can even log minutes at the 3 being 6'5" with a 6'10" wingspan.
    Morris twins now take the lions share at the 4, plus they still have plenty left over to sign another big so as to not have to play Len much.

Despite the grand plans it's clear none of the bigger name FAs were coming, what else do you lot expect Phoenix to have spent their money on?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Walker
    Not sure why some people are freaking out?
    Dragic and Bledsoe are very capable of playing off the ball and guarding 2s.. Bledsoe may be 6'1" but he has a 6'7.5" wingspan keep in mind.
    Vast majority of the backcourt minutes go to Dragic, Bledsoe and Thomas while Ennis and Goodwin develop.
    Green and Tucker play exclusively at the 3, Goodwin can even log minutes at the 3 being 6'5" with a 6'10" wingspan.
    Morris twins now take the lions share at the 4, plus they still have plenty left over to sign another big so as to not have to play Len much.

Despite the grand plans it's clear none of the bigger name FAs were coming, what else do you lot expect Phoenix to have spent their money on?
    A team that plays like the Suns...this is a great signing. Last year Barbosa played 18 minutes a game when he was on the team and Ish Smith played 14 minutes.

There is no reason why Thomas can't play 25 or so minutes out there. What is the latest trend in the NBA? Well, it should be the realization that trying to keep even young players minutes as low as possible is really important to keeping teams healthy and fresh.

Thomas helps so much for this. It's just yet another really good player that fits perfectly for the system...that gives them depth in case of injury or fatigue and can cause nightmare matchups for other teams.

Did anyone watch the Spurs? If you don't have multiple superstar players...the best way to try and win is to build a true 10 or 11 deep roster. Thomas at less than 7 million a year is a great value and adds a lot of real depth to that team.

wtf why?

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    A team that plays like the Suns...this is a great signing. Last year Barbosa played 18 minutes a game when he was on the team and Ish Smith played 14 minutes.

There is no reason why Thomas can't play 25 or so minutes out there.
    Weren't those minutes due to Bledsoe being out for about half a season?

Also Bledsoe, more often than not doesn't guard SGs, Dragic is that defender for the opposing 2 when both are playing. Now IMO u don't play Thomas and Bledsoe together, they are 5'9 and 6'1. Rising star SGs like Derozan, Thompson, Hayward are 6'7, then you have non-lengthy but strong SGs like Waiters and Eric Gordon.

If Thomas really were to log 25 mpg, it will be all at PG. There will be potentially a quarter where we are to play with an undersized backcourt of Thomas and Bledsoe.

Again, I might be wrong. Maybe it's just me that doesn't like the fact that we have such a undersized backcourt.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    Weren't those minutes due to Bledsoe being out for about half a season?

Also Bledsoe, more often than not doesn't guard SGs, Dragic is that defender for the opposing 2 when both are playing. Now IMO u don't play Thomas and Bledsoe together, they are 5'9 and 6'1. Rising star SGs like Derozan, Thompson, Hayward are 6'7, then you have non-lengthy but strong SGs like Waiters and Eric Gordon.

If Thomas really were to log 25 mpg, it will be all at PG. There will be potentially a quarter where we are to play with an undersized backcourt of Thomas and Bledsoe.

Again, I might be wrong. Maybe it's just me that doesn't like the fact that we have such a undersized backcourt.

Yes, that is why I talked about injuries.

I'm also not positive you can't play Bledsoe and Thomas together. It's not ideal, but it will depend on the matchups.

Bledsoe is a beast on defense and he can definitely guard shooting guards if need be.

Put it this way. I just watched the Mavs play Calderon and Ellis together a lot last year. Calderon is way worse defensively than anyone of those 3 on the Suns....like way worse. Bledsoe is probably 3 times the defender Ellis is as well...

We nearly won 50 games with that and we didn't have solid wing defense/play or good big defense either. We weren't good defensively, but we also weren't the worst team in the league either.

Defense is more a team minded thing than any particular individual anyways.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Dragic 18 / Thomas 30
    Bledsoe 32 / Dragic 16
    Tucker 17 / Green 28 / Bledsoe 3
    Markieff 25 / Marcus 15 / Tucker 8
    Plumlee 24 / Len 16 / Markieff 8

if they stick to a 9 man rotation this would work. But I dont think it's sustainable with Warren, Goodwin, Ennis, Ish all being capable of logging rotation minutes. I think Green or Len will be moved with one or two of the young guys.