Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: Have black Americans become too American?

You see, the American public is not trained to care about incidents like these. Just like people wouldnt watch a Spurs-Pacers final in record numbers. People like to see a goliath go down. They want the Heat, the Patriots, the Yankees, etc in the finals so they can root for them to fail.

This is why white guys who are presumed to represent "white privelege" like Sterling, Fred Phelps, even George Zimmerman just for the sake of creating the dichotomy, are given such great attention when they do or say something offensive to the little guy, whether its actual ramifications are significant or not. Everyone wants to root against the goliath and its really more of a sport, a gathering at the colliseum, for the masses to join in together and "unite as one" to throw stones at the evil sinner representing the opposite of their own superior morals. Is it about making a real difference? No. Its about delighting in the persecution of someone they believe "deserves it".

These kidnappers are also probably black, and muslim, both of which would make them minorities in the US. Theyre also probably poor relative to American standards, also shielding them from the appearance of a goliath.

Imagine if these were european neonazis kidnapping those african girls. The international news establishment would explode. It would be all over every program in America. It would be trayvon martin times a thousand. Because its black on black? Nobody really cares. Theres no goliath to condemn like there would be if the offending party was the racial equivalent of the cowboys, yankees, red wings and so on.

And so thats the reality. People dont tune in to watch the Grizzlies play the Blazers because people dont care about good basketball. They care about reputations at stake, heroes and villains, falls from grace, retribution, etc. They want to see a big arrogant goliath get knocked down, whether its Lebron, Bellichik, Sterling, white supremacists or whatever. And the reality is nobody apparently cares about dying kids in Africa, unless the story has a "juicy" element such as race. THEN all the liberals are pushing and shoving to be the one who is outraged about it the loudest and how we need more tolerance and understanding and corny slogans about how "we are one"
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 05-06-2014 at 10:53 AM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    I face the injustice of the reality that people are ignorant every day

what else do I need to learn?

if stating the obvious fact that you lack humanity makes you raise your hand to self-proclaim yourself as a racist.

I restate my first sentence.

I am biased towards my country and my nation. not that of race. as it is one consist of multiple race.

If you don't think that being biased towards your own race, means that you believe your race should live long and prosper more than others. Than what gives.

It's people like you that war exist.

You worthless f*ck

thing is by your standards i can guarantee you have a lot of hypocrisy in your views where you pretend everyone should look at everything equally, but i can guarantee you have some bias in you. people like you that stand on such a high horse are always hypocrites because you can't possiblyl uphold your own standards of indifference.

whether that bias comes from tragedies of people that look like you, that look like your parents, that talk like you or your parents, that went through history of oppression where you're more sympathetic to them because they went thru what your forefathers went through, etc. There are a million reasons why a person in this world would care more about something in regards to their own race, than pretend to be indifferent equally across the board.

i'm just honest. i don't think you really are, or really honest with yourself. Get mad at me all you want but at least i'm being honest here.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    i'm just honest. i don't think you really are, or really honest with yourself. Get mad at me all you want but at least i'm being honest here.
    I've met intelligent blacks, whites, and asians, just as I've met dumb as hell blacks, whites and asians.

And I guess I like intelligent people.

I hope I'm not being too honest here.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by D-FENS
    Perception towards Africa. It's a cesspool of greed, deceit and sadness. Pumping money in doesn't work. Giving aid doesn't really seem to work. Education is key. I get sick of seeing killings in the news there, ethnic cleansing and all that shit. I find it depressing as ****, and is the only continent on Earth I have not visited, and I don't desire to go there ever.

They need to teach all of them how to organically farm land. Yes, there is desert land, but there's also a wealth of land for farming. How that affects all the wildlife, I don't know. My family is from a smaller country originally, so I just cannot grasp how countries get so populated. African countries, Asian countries, Dirty-ass India etc. The impoverished need vasectomies.

i actually agree with a lot of this from what little i know of Africa. it is definitely a cesspool of greed and corruption but i hear most countries outside of the US are....but people i talk to from Africa say the whole country revolves around greed and payoffs.

sad thing is those school girls were abducted because they were trying to get a education. That area was just introduced to educating their females towards better lives, but Boko Haram has Taliban beliefs where women shouldn't be educated and are meant to serve at home, which is partly why they were kidnapped.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 05-06-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Can you tell Starface is a Clippers fan?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    You see, the American public is not trained to care about incidents like these. Just like people wouldnt watch a Spurs-Pacers final in record numbers. People like to see a goliath go down. They want the Heat, the Patriots, the Yankees, etc in the finals so they can root for them to fail.

This is why white guys who are presumed to represent "white privelege" like Sterling, Fred Phelps, even George Zimmerman just for the sake of creating the dichotomy, are given such great attention when they do or say something offensive to the little guy, whether its actual ramifications are significant or not. Everyone wants to root against the goliath and its really more of a sport, a gathering at the colliseum, for the masses to join in together and "unite as one" to throw stones at the evil sinner representing the opposite of their own superior morals. Is it about making a real difference? No. Its about delighting in the persecution of someone they believe "deserves it".

These kidnappers are also probably black, and muslim, both of which would make them minorities in the US. Theyre also probably poor relative to American standards, also shielding them from the appearance of a goliath.

Imagine if these were european neonazis kidnapping those african girls. The international news establishment would explode. It would be all over every program in America. It would be trayvon martin times a thousand. Because its black on black? Nobody really cares. Theres no goliath to condemn like there would be if the offending party was the racial equivalent of the cowboys, yankees, red wings and so on.

And so thats the reality. People dont tune in to watch the Grizzlies play the Blazers because people dont care about good basketball. They care about reputations at stake, heroes and villains, falls from grace, retribution, etc. They want to see a big arrogant goliath get knocked down, whether its Lebron, Bellichik, Sterling, white supremacists or whatever. And the reality is nobody apparently cares about dying kids in Africa, unless the story has a "juicy" element such as race. THEN all the liberals are pushing and shoving to be the one who is outraged about it the loudest and how we need more tolerance and understanding and corny slogans about how "we are one"

i agree with your points. It is a bigger and badder enemy at the top and someone white which is easier to create a arch enemy out of than black on black injustices, which seems to summarize everything that goes on in Africa where the world doesn't really care so much it seems.

that said i would hope and think most black Americans and America in general will rally around doing something in Nigeria. I think that is where this is headed...
    Last edited by Godzuki; 05-06-2014 at 11:07 AM.

I've met intelligent blacks, whites, and asians, just as I've met dumb as hell blacks, whites and asians.

And I guess I like intelligent people.

I hope I'm not being too honest here.
    I dislike Godzuki as much as the next person, but that's for his personality. He is a relatively intelligent person, but he fails to express himself properly.

That's the problem with message boards, if you're not able to express yourself clearly, what you say is open to interpretation. Actually, I have had issue with this in the past by not expressing the logic behind a view, I have been bashed by people. I assume people are smart enough to find their own way there, but it's not the case. It's like explaining gravity to cavemen sometimes with the kids here. I'm also too lazy to express a whole thought clearly by typing out a huge-ass post.

Anyway, back to topic. I think you're reading what Godzuki has written at face value. It actually looks like he had deeper thoughts on this topic, and thought he could make a parallel between his own experiences as a Korean American and that of black Americans, when in reality the history and culture of black Americans is far too complex and far too removed from Africa to make a valid comparison. Hence why we don't call black Americans "African Americans."

Anyway, back to topic. I think you're reading what Godzuki has written at face value. It actually looks like he had deeper thoughts on this topic, and thought he could make a parallel between his own experiences as a Korean American and that of black Americans, when in reality the history and culture of black Americans is far too complex and far too removed from Africa to make a valid comparison. Hence why we don't call black Americans "African Americans."

Deep Thoughts by Godzuki

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Can you tell Starface is a Clippers fan?

There's an interesting OT discussion going on, and starface brings the damn Clippers into the picture. I really hope some relocates that team to Seattle. No city deserves two teams other than New York.

NBA All-star

You mean he's saying that blacks aren't racist enough to care about Africa?

Lincoln may have rolled over in his grave.

Since I'm guessing he employed the blacks as soldier not because he cared about slavery and their rights, but simply because he wanted to win the war.

NBA Superstar

I dislike Godzuki as much as the next person, but that's for his personality. He is a relatively intelligent person, but he fails to express himself properly.

That's the problem with message boards, if you're not able to express yourself clearly, what you say is open to interpretation. Actually, I have had issue with this in the past by not expressing the logic behind a view, I have been bashed by people. I assume people are smart enough to find their own way there, but it's not the case. It's like explaining gravity to cavemen sometimes with the kids here. I'm also too lazy to express a whole thought clearly by typing out a huge-ass post.

i feel like i've been nothing short of a indifferent poster since my come back....i haven't fought with anyone, more just taking shots from the people i clowned back in the day.

if you still hold past grudges against me like i said nothing i can do about it but i don't feel my 'personality' is all that antagonistic these days...

you're probably right with my original post where i maybe insinuated too much that they should care more about Africa or something along those lines. i also think people here with race related topics are ready to attack first, than understand and react too.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Deep Thoughts by Godzuki

You mean he's saying that blacks aren't racist enough to care about Africa?

Lincoln may have rolled over in his grave.

Since I'm guessing he employed the blacks as soldier not because he cared about slavery and their rights, but simply because he wanted to win the war.
    Not what I said at all. No one seems to give a shit about Africa. Black, white, Asian, Hispanic - none. It stems from the media not shoving it down our throats and from people feeling helpless.

Stop trying to find an agenda in what people are saying and pushing your overly PC beliefs on others. All he attempted to do was to try and find a parallel between his situation and black Americans - and it was misguided, but not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki

i feel like i've been nothing short of a indifferent poster since my come back....i haven't fought with anyone, more just taking shots from the people i clowned back in the day.

if you still hold past grudges against me like i said nothing i can do about it but i don't feel my 'personality' is all that antagonistic these days...

you're probably right with my original post where i maybe insinuated too much that they should care more about Africa or something along those lines. i also think people here with race related topics are ready to attack first, than understand and react too.

Props to you. Can't we all just get along?

Especially in a race thread.