Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Thoughts on this Top 50 all time?

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    My top ten for all time for sure are:

MJ
    Kareem
    Wilt
    Russ
    Magic
    Kobe
    Duncan
    Bird
    Shaq
    Lebron

From there I think these 40 would round it out (no particular order)

11 Big O
    12 Hakeem
    13 Dr. J
    14.Hondo
    15.West
    16.Dirk
    17.KG
    18.Barry
    19.Barkley
    20.Baylor
    21. Moses
    22. Mailman
    23. Isiah
    24. Stockton
    25. Cousy
    26. Wade
    27. Admiral
    28. AI
    29. Nique
    30. McAdoo
    31. Drexler
    32. Pippen
    33. Gervin
    34. Pettit
    35. Kidd
    36. Tiny
    37. Frazier
    38. Hayes
    39. Mikan
    40. Ewing
    No Reed?

the disrespect for Wade & Moses

Russell being 3rd

Otherwise the list seems to be stats over accolades, but putting Bill Russell 3rd on that list is ridiculous, being that most people have zero knowledge of his game on that forum. Clearly gets the benefit of the doubt though he played on the most stacked team of his era in a much smaller/less competitive league.

I like the overall complexion of that list, but IMO it lacks balance between accolades and production. A guy with 5 rings & 2 FMVPs with a career 28/5/5 average as a starter should be ranked ahead of a big man that only has one ring (on arguably the most stacked team of that decade).

And Nash is ranked ridiculously high. He's not better than Kevin Johnson or Jason Kidd or John stockton, cmon...

And Isiah Thomas being ranked that low? Are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    the disrespect for Wade & Moses

Russell being 3rd

Otherwise the list seems to be stats over accolades, but putting Bill Russell 3rd on that list is ridiculous, being that most people have zero knowledge of his game on that forum. Clearly gets the benefit of the doubt though he played on the most stacked team of his era in a much smaller/less competitive league.

I like the overall complexion of that list, but IMO it lacks balance between accolades and production. A guy with 5 rings & 2 FMVPs with a career 28/5/5 average as a starter should be ranked ahead of a big man that only has one ring (on arguably the most stacked team of that decade).

And Nash is ranked ridiculously high. He's not better than Kevin Johnson or Jason Kidd or John stockton, cmon...

And Isiah Thomas being ranked that low? Are you kidding me?
    Where would you have Wade ranked?

Crap list but realgm has a bunch of retards
    how in the living hell are there only 5 spots separating Parish and Mchale???? Mchale was a way better player

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Where would you have Wade ranked?
    If Dirk is ranked 16th, Wade has to be right there because he has a better Playoff run to show for it plus 2 additional NBA Championships, in which he did play a big part in. And his 2009 regular season is among the greatest in NBA history. Wade is also 8th all-time in PER for his career. Top 5 greatest shot blockers among guards, one of the best individual defenders at the SG position, 3rd GOAT SG.

Yeah, you can make a case for others too, but Wade is in that MJ & Kobe tier as a player.

No way Baylor is outside the top 20. He should be close to wherever Dr J gets ranked.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    No Reed?
    I know Reed was another tough one for me. He's certainly has all the credentials to be on the list. Hell he's in the HOF and on the NBA's original list. But I think what hurt him was guys like KG, Dirk, and Duncan coming along in terms of bigs. Those guys FOR SURE had better careers than Reed. And if u look at Reed's career stats, he only has 12,183 career points. He retired at 31 WHICH means his wasn't very durable over the long haul. Sure he has two rings, but was he EVER the best at his position. NO. And his individual numbers aren't GREAT enough to really supercede that. In a career that short, u gotta have one or the other. He made the first 50 rightfully so. But with guys like Kobe, Duncan, KG, Dirk, AI, Kidd, and Lebron coming down the pike, somebody has to get bumped. Plus Nique and McAdoo were robbed in the first list, so I had to get them on this one. Those two were TOO DOMINANT!

If Dirk is ranked 16th, Wade has to be right there because he has a better Playoff run to show for it plus 2 additional NBA Championships, in which he did play a big part in. And his 2009 regular season is among the greatest in NBA history. Wade is also 8th all-time in PER for his career. Top 5 greatest shot blockers among guards, one of the best individual defenders at the SG position, 3rd GOAT SG.

Yeah, you can make a case for others too, but Wade is in that MJ & Kobe tier as a player.
    Dirk is clearly better than Wade. Way more consistent and he had alot less help overall

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Dirk is clearly better than Wade. Way more consistent and he had alot less help overall
    a lot less help? Nikka had Michael Finley, Steve Nash, Antoine Walker & Antawn Jamison in the early 2000s on those Don Nelson teams...

then later on had Jason Terry, Stackhouse, Josh Howard, a lot of solid role players throughout those years. Then obviously the championship squad with Kidd, Terry, Chandler, Marion, Peja.... Now he has another deep roster to work with. He can play 20-30 minutes and win comfortably. Also helps that he has one of the greatest NBA coaches ever in RC.

If anything, Dirk has had more help than Duncan over the years and has done less with it. How many years in a row did the Mavs win 50+ games and make the Playoffs prior to last season? And now they seem to be back at it. Yes, Wade has had better all-time players in Shaq & Lebron, but Shaq in Miami was not the Shaq in LA (especially the Shaq in 06 that put up 13/11 in the Finals). Wade's 06 run is more impressive than any Playoff run Dirk's had. And even in the 2011 Finals, Wade was the best player in that series and arguably the best player in the league that year. Wade's outperformed Dirk head-to-head.

LeBron a bit too low for my taste..Russell too high, Magic too low, Chuck too low, but I really like it tbh..But that is RealGM's list if I remember correctly. Pretty sure. Could check.

a lot less help? Nikka had Michael Finley, Steve Nash, Antoine Walker & Antawn Jamison in the early 2000s on those Don Nelson teams...

then later on had Jason Terry, Stackhouse, Josh Howard, a lot of solid role players throughout those years. Then obviously the championship squad with Kidd, Terry, Chandler, Marion, Peja.... Now he has another deep roster to work with. He can play 20-30 minutes and win comfortably. Also helps that he has one of the greatest NBA coaches ever in RC.

If anything, Dirk has had more help than Duncan over the years and has done less with it. How many years in a row did the Mavs win 50+ games and make the Playoffs prior to last season? And now they seem to be back at it. Yes, Wade has had better all-time players in Shaq & Lebron, but Shaq in Miami was not the Shaq in LA (especially the Shaq in 06 that put up 13/11 in the Finals). Wade's 06 run is more impressive than any Playoff run Dirk's had. And even in the 2011 Finals, Wade was the best player in that series and arguably the best player in the league that year. Wade's outperformed Dirk head-to-head.
    You're insanely retarded.. Quickly heading for worst poster on ISH.

Tell me more about Dirk's glorious help during his peak/prime from 2005-2013... Or 2005-2010.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    You're insanely retarded.. Quickly heading for worst poster on ISH.

Tell me more about Dirk's glorious help during his peak/prime from 2005-2013... Or 2005-2010.
    Nikka had 60 win teams in the mid 2000s, what the f you talking about? 60-22 in 06 and 67-15 in 07...you want to tell me Dirk won those games himself on some 03 Duncan bullshyt? Right... Josh Howard and Jason Terry were balling in the mid-2000s. Nikka lost in the first round on a 67-win team his MVP year while Josh Howard was the best player in that series

Okay, I am still waiting for Dirk's glorious help... So we have, Josh Howard and Jason Terry, is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Crap list but realgm has a bunch of retards
    how in the living hell are there only 5 spots separating Parish and Mchale???? Mchale was a way better player
    No he wasn't.

It's virtually impossible to put together a Top-10 in which the majority agree with, much less a Top-50.

Furthermore, players like McAdoo and Walton were certainly Top-20 at their peaks.

BTW, Moses is generally ranked way too low in these lists, and if you include the ABA years, Dr. J as well. From '79-'83 Moses was by-far-and-away, the best player in the game (sorry Bird, Magic, KAJ, and Dr. J.) Dr. J's ABA seasons came in his prime, and all we needed to see from him to realize just how dominant he could have been had he played in the NBA in those years, was his '77 Finals.