Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If the Mavs ever win the title Joe might actually get himself banned with the insane things he will start to preach.

Put yr guns up

How much stupider can his statements get?

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Targus™
    up until the NBA finals i have been a d-wade supporter/fan, but now i just dont like the guy.
    I've seen this multiple times now...And I don't understand.

For starters, how does 1 series steer your personal perception of a player? That kinda pusszling to me..

I'm a long time Heat fan, and of course a big Dwyane Wade fan, and Wade did get the benefit of the doubt on alot of calls as I can admit. Game 5 especially.

But It seems that people are annoyed of Wade's foul calls but not nesacarily looking at the events that transpired in the Finals from a rational point of view...

Dwyane Wade with his style of play, very similar to Iverson is going to go the line alot. ALOT. The dude drives to the basket with reckless abandon, relentlessy. That very style of play dicates the judement of calls to be in his favor in alot of instances...

ESPECIALY GIVEN THE RULE CHANGES THAT GREATLY BENEFIT PERIMETER ORIENTED PLAYERS IN TODAYS LEAGUE.

The Dallas Mavericks were shooting jumpshots...Point blank, period. That is undebatable(stats support with the Points in the Paint diffrential). They thought they could win the 'Chip shooting jumpshots, and it backfired like a mf'er.

They did not take advatange of the soft tough fouls that were being call in that series, they shot jumpshots..

Why is this so hard to comprehend?
    Last edited by BFRESH44; 10-30-2006 at 10:44 PM.

Local High School Star mavsfan4zindagi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    I didnt say Dirk was soft because he lost the 2-0 lead. Dirk is soft for a bunch of things, the way he blames every1 else, and throws teammates under the bus in the media. The way he sucks on defense, and has to hide. The way he cant score on HAslem. The way he is 7 foot and wont even post up Steve NAsh. There are a hundred reasons Dirk is soft.
    Kinda like Kobe threw Shaq under the bus? Or how Kobe got his **** swated by DJ Mbenga? Or how he quits during Game 7's in a series he's up 3-1?

Almost as many reasons why your boy Kobe is soft too.

"How much stupider can his statements get?"

Id bet near anything if the Mavs win the title he will claim Dirk is the greatest player in NBA history. If hes willing to put him over Bird now and Kobe over Jordan....and Dirk over Kobe....its not that huge a jump to make.

Put yr guns up

Well, we can already knock Bird and Jordan out of his consideration, so he might think so already. If he doesn't have respect for Bird and Jordan's comp., I don't think he's putting Wilt or Russell at the top of his list either.

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

It's tough arguing with people who seemingly have no education.

Banned

I think it's hilarious that people are trashing Dirk when he had a far better season and playoffs than Wade.. without having near the players around him that Wade has.

I GURANTEE YOU that if Dirk was doing what Wade was doing on the Heaqt everyone would be saying how loaded the Heat are and Dirk is just lucky to have such a great team.

And, conversely, if Wade did what Dirk did on the Mavs people would be saying how Wade makes his worthless team better.

Juyst like if Dirk was doing what Kobe is doing on the Lakers.. people would say Odom was the real MVP of that team. Just like when Nick Van Exel was on the Mavs an everyone said he was the Mavs true MVP.

Dirk is the MOST underrated player in the history of the league.

And you can be certain the fact that no white player has led a team to championship since Bird is the reason for this. And that was 20 years ago.

I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm Jerm's Avatar

Kobe is presently better than Jordan, I think that's what Joewait is trying to say but your senses are probably clouded with whatever.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

How many dumbasses can you have in 1 thread?

Put yr guns up

It's tough arguing with people who seemingly have no education.
    Naw, arguing with you is pretty easy.

when Nick Van Exel was on the Mavs an everyone said he was the Mavs true MVP.
    Thats flat out...and inarguably...not true.

Why must Dirk fans take thing to the extreme? Its not like it helps prove a point. It just makes it easier to dismiss anything else they say.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Thats flat out...and inarguably...not true.

Why must Dirk fans take everything to the extreme?
    Like hell that isn't true. I have all those games on tape.. every announcer said Nick Van Exel was the MVP of the Mavs when we went to the WCF. It can't even be argued. It's a fact. It's funny how people forget all the stupid sh!t that is said and believed. Just like if you said Dirk was as good or better than KG 2 seasons ago you would have been laughed off the internet. Same thing if you said Nash was close to Jason Kidd.
    Last edited by FabCasablancas; 10-30-2006 at 11:07 PM.

I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm Jerm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    How many dumbasses can you have in 1 thread?
    Think man, use your brain and it won't be hard to realize why the statement "Kobe is presently better than Jordan" is categorically true.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

Wade shouldn't thank Dirk for the ring. He should thank the refs for it.

Only player in history who won a finals MVP with no memorable plays, just memorable free throws.

95% of NBA fans agree Wade undeserving of the treatment he got. And the other 5% are Heat fans or Kobe groupies (Knoeitawl, AAP, etc)