Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Do people actually believe that Curry is the best/most important player

curry is amazing but he isn't kd. it was obvious from the first year that kd was the better player. people have to make up arguments that curry is more important. it's all b.s.

Default Re: Do people actually believe that Curry is the best/most important player

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    He is....He defers so Durant wont pout...Its better for the team + this system of setting screens and flaring out is not his game....He's doing it cause that's Durants game (pick and slip fade)

Its the same way AD defered to Boogie, even though AD was the better player....It's for the good of the team.Some people pout and are passive agressive (durant,boogie). They will stop tryin' if they dont get their way
    no way

Quote Originally Posted by Wardell Curry
    Curry is the most important Warrior and their best player by far and it's not close.

Most of you only look at a boxscore and view the game on a surface level.

If you watch this game... you see Curry struggling mightily, and you see Durant popping off from all over the court.

And this is true... but what you don't see that is actually happening is that the entire Warriors team is standing around watching Durant and it takes the entire team out of synch and essentially destroys their identity and turns them into a slightly upgraded version of OKC from like 3 years ago.

When Curry is primarily handling the ball and everyone is moving and running around screens and the ball is flowing, the Warriors blow teams out.

When Durant is primarily handling the ball, everyone is standing around watching him be great... until he stops being great, and it drags the team down.

Kevin Durant is undeniably an amazing basketball player, but you can't compare his offensive impact to Steph Curry's when looking at a large pool of data. It's legitimately not even close.
    You guys are so full of shit lol. Durant is the number one reason this Warriors team has been able to become a dynasty.

3-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=warriorfan]He

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

He's obviously still hurt. Doesn't look close to himself. Weird how he gets hurt almost every playoffs. Dunk attempt was such a stupid idea.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23
    Man this clowns still Rockies the curry is injured excuse. Don't forget about the sprained knee playa
    Perhaps the most critical segment of this series came at the end of the third quarter of Game 4, Cleveland cutting the Warriors lead to three. The Q was rocking. The Finals hung in the balance.

Curry calmly called for the ball, shook a defender and drained a three, pushing Golden State to a six-point lead. In a reversal of roles, a gassed LeBron tried to answer with a three of his own at the buzzer, only to miss badly. When James went to the bench to rest at the start of the fourth quarter, the Warriors seized control of the game and the Finals.

Curry finished with 22 that night. He then dropped 37, including 17 in the fourth quarter, in Game 5. On Tuesday, he dropped a couple of massive threes to help stem a fourth-quarter Cleveland surge, then when double-teamed, hit a wide-open Klay Thompson for another.
    [quote]
    [SIZE="3"][I]Not only did Curry average an MVP-like 26 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists and 2 steals in 43 minutes per game, but as Kerr told his point guard, sometimes a point guard has to put his own game now in favor of managing the game for his teammates.

That is what Curry relayed when he said in the postgame press conference, "The Finals are not that different from normal NBA games. It's just the spotlight is different, and soar are the expectations. When you have an average game, you find out in the Finals that people were expecting more. But really, that stuff doesn't matter. It's all about winning. That's what I've learned. I just need to impact games, be myself every other night, do other things to help my team win and be OK with that. Manage the game from a point-guard standpoint, find a way to win and that's what we did

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    curry is amazing but he isn't kd. it was obvious from the first year that kd was the better player. people have to make up arguments that curry is more important. it's all b.s.
    Problem is that when Curry was out this season KD couldnt even get GSW to play.500 ball without Curry.. When Curry is playing and KD is out they dont skip a beat..

People forget that Curry went head to head vs Durant and outplayed him in 2016.. People also forget that it was KD not Westbrook that was turning the ball over and over after OKC got 3-1 lead vs GSW in 2016.. I believe KD avg more turnovers that assists..

Decent playground baller

[QUOTE=Kblaze8855]This was one of the uglier games I

Quote Originally Posted by NBASTATMAN
    Problem is that when Curry was out this season KD couldnt even get GSW to play.500 ball without Curry.. When Curry is playing and KD is out they dont skip a beat..

People forget that Curry went head to head vs Durant and outplayed him in 2016.. People also forget that it was KD not Westbrook that was turning the ball over and over after OKC got 3-1 lead vs GSW in 2016.. I believe KD avg more turnovers that assists..
    I remember that. it's not really a surprise to me that they play better with curry alone as opposed to kd alone - they have years of chemistry.

the difference between the two is that kd can get his shot on anyone without having to dribble a hundred times like a smaller player would. he gets clean shots too and he's clutch as f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck.

3-time NBA All-Star

CURRY CANT HANDLE THE PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE PLAYOFFS .. He has played deep into the playoffs for 5years now. He doesnt have the body to endure imo.. He choked on a couple of layups tonight.. Cant blame injuries on some pretty good looks at layups.. He just cant handle it when teams get tough imo

I remember that. it's not really a surprise to me that they play better with curry alone as opposed to kd alone - they have years of chemistry.

the difference between the two is that kd can get his shot on anyone without having to dribble a hundred times like a smaller player would. he gets clean shots too and he's clutch as f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck.
    KD doesn't make things easier for his teammates like Curry does. He's a better individual scorer at times but he has shown time in and time out he cannot lead an offense like Curry can.

3-time NBA All-Star

i agree.. I also believe Curry is not able to play up to his standards when the game gets more physical like it does in the playoffs.. Well at least now after 5 straight years of playing long seasons..

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan

Most 4th Quarter Points during the Finals

1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
    2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
    2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 [COLOR="Green"](75.1% TS)[/COLOR]
    1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
    1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
    2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
    1993 Michael Jordan 10.3

2015 Steph Curry had one of the most clutch performance in NBA history. The only player to score more 4th Quarter Finals points than Steph Curry was Shaquille Oneal, and he didn't even score one point more than Curry while Curry scored 14% more efficiently than Shaquille

In the 2016 Finals he was not able to play as well as he did in 2015

What happened in 2016 that didn't happen in 2015? The major MCL injury

Curry had a lack of lateral quickness and ability to change direction because of his MCL injury

Here is a clip of healthy Curry showcasing his excellent lateral quickness and change of direction

These types of plays were routine for Curry before the MCL injury

The time table for return of an MCL sprain is 2 to 4 weeks.

(Keep in mind that healing timetable is for every day activity, nothing more strenuous than walking up one flight of stairs, NOT playing professional basketball)
    Stephen Curry returned from the injury after only 2 weeks because the Warriors were struggling against Portland without him.

Stephen Curry re-aggravated his knee injury by coming back too early and then playing 40+ minutes of playoff basketball plus overtime in his record setting performance against Portland.

Therefore we can conclude that Curry's MCL injury was the differentiating factor which lowered Curry's production

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    KD doesn't make things easier for his teammates like Curry does. He's a better individual scorer at times but he has shown time in and time out he cannot lead an offense like Curry can.
    if you're a real warrior fan then you'll never forget the dagger 3 kd splashed in cleveland in game 3 of 2017.

that alone was bigger than anything curry ever did. kd is just a superior player. 7 feet with a wet jumpshot and great athleticism - that's not even fair.

if you're a real warrior fan then you'll never forget the dagger 3 kd splashed in cleveland in game 3 of 2017.

that alone was bigger than anything curry ever did. kd is just a superior player. 7 feet with a wet jumpshot and great athleticism - that's not even fair.
    Why wasn't KD doing that shit and leading teams to top offenses and championships before joining Curry's team?