Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Harden is a Selfish Player

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Maybe they would win more if he played more like Jokic?

Yeah, I'm sure if Harden averaged 16 less ppg the Rockets would win more.

Anytime Harden plays against Jokic, he absolutely destroy him. I think Jokic is 1-9 against Harden in his career.

Yeah, definitely who harden should play more like, amirirte?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

lmfao...Haren chucked up 31 shots tonight...23 of which were 3pters. Is this really what the sport I love has devolved into? Jesus fukking christ.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

Anytime Harden plays against Jokic, he absolutely destroy him. I think Jokic is 1-9 against Harden in his career.

And here's loney! To deepthroat that **** as usual! Have some self respect man. You fukking queer.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    And here's loney! To deepthroat that **** as usual! Have some self respect man. You fukking queer.
    I have a good feeling about Chris this playoffs. Gonna be great seeing CP get his 1st ring this year.

I have a good feeling about Chris this playoffs. Gonna be great seeing CP get his 1st ring this year.
    Chris Paul could play like it's 2008 and the Rockets would have zero chance with a shit bird like Haren commanding the ship. Is he even going to shoot over 30% this playoffs while he chucks up 12 step back 3pters a game?

National High School Star Rudeboy3's Avatar

Jesus, you just can't help yourself, can you? Always have to pop up out of nowhere to suck Harden dry, fakkit

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    He's got the strangest statlines

When you dig deep you see all these 12-32 where he goes like 7-24 on 3s and 5-8 on 2s (either it's a layup or floater, he avoids the midrange like the plague) with like 7+ turnovers. And of course a ton of free throws despite ridiculous amount of 3s that literally no one else fouled on. If he goes say 14/14 from the line that's basically 45 points on 39 shots, pretty efficient even in today's pace and space NBA. That's not an actual statline he's produced (afaik) but he's had several of those games

But when you factor all the turnovers + the lack of ball movement I never thought his offense was as impactful as it looks. Looking at the above that's 20 wasted posessions + roughly 8-12 points given up off turnovers. Factor an average at best defense (that's being generous tbh) and his impact in't as high as ts% or his apg would imply. One plus though is putting other teams in foul trouble, there's that

apg is such an overrated stat too, assist hunting isn't as useful as it looks. Ball movement makes the Warriors so dangerous, same for pretty much every dynasty and mini-dynasty that's existed
    Excellent post

31 shots is a lot unless you score 50 lol. He may play selfishly but it's asinine to think someone who's going lead his team to 50+wins easily when they've been really hurt by injuries and have poor depth isnt carrying his team at an mvp level.

So many guards get so much credit for just carrying teams to the playoffs. Harden is going carry the rockets to like a 3 seed and 50-55 wins. 38-14 in the last 52 while harden's been averaging 40/7/7. I'm a huge Paul fan but he's starting to show his age, he's not an all star level player even this year and missed like 17 games of that stretch. Capela is very good but he's still just a rim finishing center and also missed like 15 games. Gordon has recovered from a terrible start but he's still had a down year compared to his career year last year.

They dont have the depth they had last year, really tucker is the only other main minutes guy. Morey had to get creative during the season with pickups like faried, rivers, and shumphert who were disregarded by other teams.

When you dig deep you see all these 12-32 where he goes like 7-24 on 3s and 5-8 on 2s (either it's a layup or floater, he avoids the midrange like the plague) with like 7+ turnovers. And of course a ton of free throws despite ridiculous amount of 3s that literally no one else fouled on. If he goes say 14/14 from the line that's basically 45 points on 39 shots, pretty efficient even in today's pace and space NBA. That's not an actual statline he's produced (afaik) but he's had several of those games

But when you factor all the turnovers + the lack of ball movement I never thought his offense was as impactful as it looks. Looking at the above that's 20 wasted posessions + roughly 8-12 points given up off turnovers. Factor an average at best defense (that's being generous tbh) and his impact in't as high as ts% or his apg would imply. One plus though is putting other teams in foul trouble, there's that

apg is such an overrated stat too, assist hunting isn't as useful as it looks. Ball movement makes the Warriors so dangerous, same for pretty much every dynasty and mini-dynasty that's existed
    you have a point except the Rockets are 2nd behind the warriors in offensive efficiency. They arent a great team because their defense is below average again(and why wouldnt it be with capela missing time, paul missing time/regressing, and ariza and luc gone). At least during the rs, harden is having a great impact on the offense.

Assists for some guys arent very impactful(i'm looking at you rondo). How much are you helping your team when you pass to a scorer like klay who does all the work getting open off a screen. Harden's assists are usually not that at all, he's creating open looks drawing defensive attention. Mostly capela finishes and open 3's from role players.

His assists are even more valuable when you consider he likely has one of the higher proportions in the league of assists leading to 3's. like 10 assists leading to 28 points is going be more valuable than 10 leading to 22. Ofc this doesnt account for passes that lead to a missed shot but that's a different issue(and more complicated by passes leading to free throws). hou's great ortg means they're scoring well however.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Chris Paul could play like it's 2008 and the Rockets would have zero chance with a shit bird like Haren commanding the ship. Is he even going to shoot over 30% this playoffs while he chucks up 12 step back 3pters a game?
    Smokey, just take a sip and try to take in some good vibrations for once.

I agree. He is technically efficient if you look at efg% and especially ts% because so many of his points come from the freethrow line where he is an excellent shooter (88%) but turnovers don't get factor into that and he's usually at the top of the list when it comes to turning the ball over.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

If Harden played a team brand of basketball instead of his hero isoball antics he'd have a ring by now

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeboy3
    Jesus, you just can't help yourself, can you? Always have to pop up out of nowhere to suck Harden dry, fakkit