Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: So the Warriors are the clear favorites to win it all right now right?

LOL clear faves.

C'mon now, lets see how all this translates in the playoffs, defs got clear cut, thats for sure.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

Default Re: So the Warriors are the clear favorites to win it all right now right?

no team is a clear favorite to make or win the finals unless they are defending champs with a top 3 record in the league. even the spurs this year are not favorites to get back to the finals or win it all even though they are defending champs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    The perfect Opponent for the Cavs if they advance in the NBA Finals this year.
    One of the best defensive teams in recent memory is the "perfect opponent" for the Cavs? Ha.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Won't make it out the second round, bookmark this

For me it's the Warriors and Grizzlies as the favorites. My darkhorse would the Spurs (of course). Whoever makes it out of the East has a shot, of course. Hawks pose some interesting matchups with a few Western teams, and any team with LeBron always has a chance.

Imagine a Bulls vs. Grizzlies final.

Many people picked the Thunder to beat them in the first round in another thread

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

Never seen a team get as many free passes through the regular season as the Spurs are getting. They are a step below the elite teams.

Someone please shop the Warriors' heads on this gif.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    No doubt that they are the best team in the league.

I just have a hunch that the Spurs have been coasting all season.
    Even if they have been I'm not sure it will matter with a healthy Warriors team.

In fact, I'd take this current Warriors team with home court over the Spurs of last year in a series.

Not saying it would be a lock, but this Warriors team with 4 out of 7 at home is just going to be insanely hard to beat.

This team has the chance to go down as one of the best ever. They are destroying the league and I can't recall a team being this elite on both sides of the ball.

College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Even if they have been I'm not sure it will matter with a healthy Warriors team.

In fact, I'd take this current Warriors team with home court over the Spurs of last year in a series.

Not saying it would be a lock, but this Warriors team with 4 out of 7 at home is just going to be insanely hard to beat.

This team has the chance to go down as one of the best ever. They are destroying the league and I can't recall a team being this elite on both sides of the ball.
    In before second round exit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Keep digging dat grave my ******, keep digging

Serious playground baller LakersFan626's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41

That's the key. Oracle is ridiculously hard to win at, as they only have TWO home losses all year, one of which was in OT. Similar to Arco Arena but there's no team as good as the Shaq/Kobe Lakers that can overcome something like that, and the Kings were never the top defensive team either (they were good from 2000-2001 until 2002-2003 but lackluster in the rest of the Adelman years)... the Cavs are the only real threat and even then Kevin Love's having a bad season and has NEVER played a playoff game before and JR Smith hasn't had a good series since 2009. Those two producing is key to a championship and beating the Warriors (I'm positive LeBron and Kyrie will show up, but so will the Splash Brothers). Kerr is a rookie coach but so is Blatt and Kerr has 5 rings as a player...

The Spurs look much older this year and Memphis doesn't have enough offense. Houston, Portland, Dallas, and the Clippers are pretenders and Westbrook alone isn't anywhere near enough to beat a team like the Warriors.

Teams that are THAT good on offense AND defense should be the favorites, and teams like that usually win it all (Jordan Bulls teams, 2000 Lakers, 2009 Lakers).

So basically whoever beats this warriors team is the goddamn goat. Lebron, Harden, Westbrook, Popovich, Bud, Aldridge, Paul show me what you got.

I see the D tightening up, standard playoff ball and theyre going to struggle. Would love to see them make the WCF though...