No legit Lebron fan cares. Furthermore, I suspect, Curry fans, Harden fans, Westbrook fans, and Davis fans, while happy if their guy gets the honor, care about the chip. Regardless of the legitimate discussions, numbers, and context...let's be real, for all players, but LBJ most of all, the question becomes: can you (and your squad win it all)?

I realize it's not an apples to apples comparison, as these players are at varying points in their careers/narrative/legacy, but with Lebron especially, Prime Shaq has it right, chips and FMVPs are what matters.

All the contenders for the MVP race this year are legit players to appreciate, but at the end winning matters. For real Lebron fans, it's about great performance on the way to a title. I hope the Cavs can win a chip with Lebron in the next 2-3 years before Lebron descends into relative irrelevance.

Curry, Westbrook, Harden, and Davis especially will have their shot, but LBJ is playing for a consensus pantheon spot, and MVPs at this stage mean shit.