Very good NBA starter

Default Lol at Westbrook being better then Durant

WB was putting up fancy stats but doing it inefficiently. Basically dribbling out the shot clock then making one pass the possession for padded asts totals. His Usg% is saggy to high. This is the reason they kept losing even with his monster stats. He was still a - on the court. Durant without him last year was a + to the team. He got his points in the flow of the game.

Default Re: Lol at Westbrook being better then Durant

Westbrook is a beast but LOL at anyone who thinks he's better than Durant.

Different players yes, both pretty much freaks, Durant is another level though when he's on.

No shit. But notice everyone was quiet when they were winning and will be so again if they go on a win streak.

Learning to shoot layups

Westbrook is a more dominant player though. If you think about it it's either him or Waiters chucking up shots. Sure Durant is more efficient but he can't put the team on his back with his 185 bench press.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

No student of basketball has ever thought Westbrook was better than Durant. That was started by the casuals.

It's all insecure bran stans that have started that shit. All they do is bash every MVP or soon to be. They hate Kobe, Rose, Durant, and now Curry. I guess that's what being a stan of such a beta teaches them.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    It's all insecure bran stans that have started that shit. All they do is bash every MVP or soon to be. They hate Kobe, Rose, Durant, and now Curry. I guess that's what being a stan of such a beta teaches them.
    I can't tell if it's all insecure stans of a player or not because I don't follow those guys close enough to know (except for the obvious ones), but Westbrook is an amazing player between his ability, athleticism, "I can't believe he just did that" plays - both jaw dropping and boneheaded, and of course his hunger to compete.

I used to trash him for his decision making, he still isn't the best, but, he is who he is. But to say he is better than Durant, I wouldn't. People are so obsessed with their perceived idea of "Alpha" and who does and doesn't have it makes me wonder if seeing Russ go all out a was a reason for people to suddenly say he is better than Durant even though their games wouldn't dictate that? Or maybe the prolific way in which he is playing to go along with the stats, which is understandable.

But just remember that Durant did historic stuff last year while leading his team to victory without Westbrook, and did it more in the flow of the game. That's nothing against Westbrook though to be behind what most consider one of the top 2 players in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    I can't tell if it's all insecure stans of a player or not because I don't follow those guys close enough to know (except for the obvious ones), but Westbrook is an amazing player between his ability, athleticism, "I can't believe he just did that" plays - both jaw dropping and boneheaded, and of course his hunger to compete.

I used to trash him for his decision making, he still isn't the best, but, he is who he is. But to say he is better than Durant, I wouldn't. People are so obsessed with their perceived idea of "Alpha" and who does and doesn't have it makes me wonder if seeing Russ go all out a was a reason for people to suddenly say he is better than Durant even though their games wouldn't dictate that? Or maybe the prolific way in which he is playing to go along with the stats, which is understandable.

But just remember that Durant did historic stuff last year while leading his team to victory without Westbrook, and did it more in the flow of the game. That's nothing against Westbrook though to be behind what most consider one of the top 2 players in the league.
    Agreed on all counts. Westbrook is my favorite player in the league but even I know he is not as good as Durant. Durant just makes it look effortless. I do think that Westbrook at his best could be just as devastating as Durant's best, but Durant's consistency is way better. I don't think Westbrook could maintain this pace for a whole season, for a month or 2 sure but not a whole season like Durant did last year. As much as I wanna see Westbrook on his own team to see how ridiculous his stats and how far he could lead his team as the clearcut leader, I'd rather he stick it out with Durant and try to win a championship. They both need each other in order to do that.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99

Truth

Banned

He was dominant but not efficient, the opposite of Durant