Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    National High School Star

Default Re: All things considered, Wiggins' rookie season has been the definition of pedestrian

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    I remember when this board said Bradley Beal was the next Ray Allen because he was putting up average stats in 35 MPG at 19 years old.

Two years later, no one cares about him.

You people are fukkin stupid.., as usual. Bunch of empty rhetoric. I got stats. I got facts. All to support the obvious, that this guy is way more Jane than Tarzan.

Hes not a great shooter, ball handler, passer, or scorer.

If he wasn't 6'8, he'd be in the CBA
    So based on the numbers posted by guards and wings who have won rookie of the year since 2003, here's how Wiggins stacks up:

Between Lebron, Chris Paul, Brandon Roy, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard and Michael Carter-Williams Wiggins:

- Scores less than the others (5ppg less than the leader, Lebron)
    - Rebounds at a rate in the middle of the pack
    - Has the lowest assist rate
    - Has the lowest usage rate
    - Has a lower lower field goal % than only Evans, Irving, Rose and Roy
    - Is behind only Lillard, Roy and Irving in 3-point %

I think it's fair to say he can play. I don't think PER is the be all end all of a player not even full through their rookie year, especially one who has shown the type of improvement he has.

That's what people look for. What tools do they have to improve, someone lacking many tools to improve, it's understandable to say they may not have a high ceiling. Wiggins has all the tools and is trending upwards, I don't see any reason he won't continue to do so.

What reason do you have, other than his current PER, which I'm understanding you to think will remain static?

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Re: All things considered, Wiggins' rookie season has been the definition of pedestrian

Quote Originally Posted by yeaaaman
    So based on the numbers posted by guards and wings who have won rookie of the year since 2003, here's how Wiggins stacks up:

Between Lebron, Chris Paul, Brandon Roy, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, Kyrie Irving, Damian Lillard and Michael Carter-Williams Wiggins:

- Scores less than the others (5ppg less than the leader, Lebron)
    - Rebounds at a rate in the middle of the pack
    - Has the lowest assist rate
    - Has the lowest usage rate
    - Has a lower lower field goal % than only Evans, Irving, Rose and Roy
    - Is behind only Lillard, Roy and Irving in 3-point %

I think it's fair to say he can play. I don't think PER is the be all end all of a player not even full through their rookie year, especially one who has shown the type of improvement he has.

That's what people look for. What tools do they have to improve, someone lacking many tools to improve, it's understandable to say they may not have a high ceiling. Wiggins has all the tools and is trending upwards, I don't see any reason he won't continue to do so.

What reason do you have, other than his current PER, which I'm understanding you to think will remain static?
    Wiggins is not in any of those players class. He's not burdened with bring a playmaker at all and I'm sure his assisted FG% dwarfs those other players. Thats why his overall FG% is not to be talked about when compared to the players you listed.

PER is applicable because he plays MAJOR minutes and has all the freedom in midst of a 48 minute game to do his thing,

To put in the context, Wiggins looks better than a rookie Kobe (or even sophomore!), that shows an amazing upside. Kobe worked his ass off to become a superstar, its up to Wiggins how well he develops.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

By using the eye test and the stats test, I have come to the conclusion that he is better than Waiters.