Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Shane Battier - One of the least likeable players in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    OP doesnt like shane because of something shane has NO CONTROL over? (head wrinkles)

I hope the OP doesnt get a job because the interviewer doesnt like the way the OP looks
    Haha, I have no issues with his head wrinkles really, I just don't like the guy as a player.

The same way people hate on LeBron's hairline, they don't hate him because he has a receding hairline, they dislike him due other stuff.

His face annoys me and all he does is flop, so I don't like him either.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Haha, I have no issues with his head wrinkles really, I just don't like the guy as a player.

The same way people hate on LeBron's hairline, they don't hate him because he has a receding hairline, they dislike him due other stuff.
    LeBron is disliked because he is a douche. You honestly saying Battier and LeBron have similar personalities? Nah. Why do you dislike Battier again? He's always had a below average offensive game. I said the same thing a couple of months ago. Battier always has been a below average offensive player. His 3 is completely overrated as well. But that isn't enough for me to hate him. Simply because watching the games I knew he always gave the team everything he had. He's a team player, any coach would love to have prime Battier on their team.

His defense isn't overrated. He isn't quick laterally but he doesn't make mistakes. He's smart and doesn't go for pump-fakes. Why do you feel his defense is overrated? Because he never shut down anybody? Who can shut down LeBron? Kobe? Wade? No one. You can only slow them down. I just don't understand the hate for Battier, especially because it comes from a Rockets fan. The Houston fan base always loved the guy.
    Last edited by ImmortalNemesis; 06-09-2012 at 10:02 PM.

He's a flopping douche bag with a face you want to bunch.

Hell No

Battier is a good guy. Always seems like a nice fella when I see him in interviews.

Future D1 Dad

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    agreed. he is a very dirty player. the kinda guy that will stick his foot under you when you shoot ala bruce bowen. and he is nowhere nearly as good as bruce bowen was either. i root for the heat to fail, he is a very small reason why, but he is still a reason.
    i think there's a very fine line between being a really good defensive player and what is perceived as being a "dirty player".

i'm no fan of flopping but would i do it to get my team an extra possession? i'm not sure i woudn't. also for the record, i couldn't stand bowen as a player.

Give me a guy like Shane on my team any day of the week.

I was thinking about this thread when Battier was hitting all of those 3s.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

You all hate Battier because he joined the dark side.

I love how he contests shots. He's been shooting well in the finals too which is more than I can say for a lot of guys. I see no reason to dislike him. If you want to complain about someone's head how about Joel Anthony? Jeezus. lol

College superstar

Battier is the perfect role player for contending teams.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    You all hate Battier because he joined the dark side.
    This. You tools need to just keep it real. Battier's been playing the same way for 10 years and you couldn't find a thread like this.

hate him even more because hes a ring chasing fck. fck this flop artist. he flops on people half his size as well. i understand if you wanna flop on dudes much bigger than you, but flopping on durant who weighs only 100 lbs????? fck off

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    hate him even more because hes a ring chasing fck.
    For some reason, I didn't get the feel he was flat out ring chasing by signing with Miami. He just seemed like a legitimately good fit down there who signed to fill a very necessary role. It wasn't as if he had some evil mastermind plan to sign with whoever was frontrunning. In fact, there was a lot of uncertainty about Battier's future last off-season. Granted, I'm bummed he chose Miami, but I'm still not sure I'd say it's the same as the classic "ring-chase" situations.