Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Arrow Former ESPN Analyst Bill Simmons Calls Out Referee Bias After Heat/Celtics Game

You can't win 5 against 8. This game is one of the all-time jokes. I am so disgusted by this game and the league as a whole.
    http://twitter.com/ChrisLambton13/st...40662392774656

What's it gonna take for these guys to call games fairly? The Heat already have a huge advantage with two of the top 5 players in the league, but when they are gifted free throws just by barreling into defenders and the other team doesn't get the same calls, how does anyone stand a chance?

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Default Re: Former ESPN Analyst Bill Simmons Calls Out Referee Bias After Heat/Celtics Game

Bill Simmons

This guy has less credibility when it comes to Boston than Kobetards do when it comes to LeBron. And that's saying something.

Default Re: Former ESPN Analyst Bill Simmons Calls Out Referee Bias After Heat/Celtics Game

Boston homer is hella mad. Simmons sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    http://twitter.com/ChrisLambton13/st...40662392774656

What's it gonna take for these guys to call games fairly? The Heat already have a huge advantage with two of the top 5 players in the league, but when they are gifted free throws just by barreling into defenders and the other team doesn't get the same calls, how does anyone stand a chance?
    How many times did the C's drive and draw contact and not get a foul? Once? Twice?

Overreact much?

Simmons is a homer.

28 FT's to 5. I don't watch rigged NBA games, I'm switching to hockey.
    http://twitter.com/sportsguy33/statu...40368789340160

Bill Simmons on Heat's FT disparity and awful officiating in the first half of the Knicks/Heat first game of round 1.

Dunking on everybody in the park CardiacKemba's Avatar

I love Bill Simmons, but I don't take anything he says regarding the Celtics seriously. When he interviewed Larry Bird on his radio show you could almost hear him cracking one downstairs. The refs have obviously helped us, we've had some very handy calls go our way, but it's not as big a thing as the Boston fans (or haters of Miami for that matter) make it out.

3-time NBA All-Star

I really don't care who wins this series...and yes, Boston got jobbed tonight...but the reality is, the Heat are the better team, and they will win this series.

Banned

Bill Simmons is an idiot and writes articles like a 5th grader with a hyperactivity disorder.

GOAT Commissioner

Sick of the fuking refs. I dont know if I will be watching rest of the playoffs.

48 FTs to 29
    15 more fouls called on boston.

That's the definition of rigging. smh.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Heat are gonna ALWAYS have FT advantage when U have Lebron and Wade on your team and they are aggressive..

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    I really don't care who wins this series...and yes, Boston got jobbed tonight...but the reality is, the Heat are the better team, and they will win this series.
    Well, the Heat are definitely stacked with more historical talent in their primes (along with solid roleplayers). A better team is arguable.

But what is the truth is they are so powerful, whoever they face must have a fairly called game (much less a game called in their favor, lol can you imagine an important game called against LeBron and Wade?) to even have a fighting chance.

Boston stan.

ESPN’s Stephen A. Smith Suggests NBA Wanted Technical Fouls Called On Celtics
    “You have to understand something here,” Smith said on ESPN after the Heat won 93-79, “Ray Allen is one of the classiest individuals in the world. All he did was jump up real quick and get emotional, and he turned and walked away and got a technical foul. Doc Rivers said ‘Come on, Ed,’ to Ed Malloy and he got a technical foul.”
    ESPN analyst Stephen A. Smith after game 1 of Celtics/Heat.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/05/2...ed-on-celtics/

Banned

This game wasn't that bad to be honest. There was a missed called on Rondo (although it looked kinda late and that Wade barely grazes him, but whatever... I'll count it as a missed called).

Also, you guys act like every one of the fouls on Lebron wasn't a foul? Wade and Lebron are slashers and drive to the rim and they are gonna get hammered... that's their game.