Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Could Iverson cross a Prime Jordan?

Mostly everyone remembers the famous crossover, but would Iverson have been able to do that to a Prime Jordan, and did Jordan face any players from his generation that could do that to him?

Yeah. Really there's nobody that can stick with A.I. for an entire game one on one. He's going to get burned bad atleast once. That goes for pretty much every great offensive player

Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

Iverson also sank the shot after he crossed him up.

One of the shining moments in Iverson' career.

I usually hit open layups

i think he couldve gotten prime MJ at least once.

when it comes down to it, its like a highschool kid trying to stop a 5th grader from running past him. Jordan is at least half a foot taller and 45 pounds heavier.

rank sentamentalist

Great offense beats great defense on the perimeter every time. I think all of the elite swingmen could get by Jordan more than once had they played back in the day. It's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Great offense beats great defense on the perimeter every time. I think all of the elite swingmen could get by Jordan more than once had they played back in the day. It's just the way it is.
    i agree. i think we'd also see vice versa. Bird, Dominique, Alex English, all lighting up today's Artests and Bowens.

A better question would be is there any player that a young Iverson couldn't cross over, or beat off the dribble with regularity. Nobody springs to mind.

Iverson was a freak when he was young. He still is really.

Facts Are Misleading

Default ...

I think all of the elite swingmen could get by Jordan more than once had they played back in the day. It's just the way it is.
    True.

But that doesn't take away from Jordans' defensive game. The offensive player may shake him once in a while, but for a whole 48 minutes? Jordan will frustrate the offensive player into a poor fg% on most occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    A better question would be is there any player that a young Iverson couldn't cross over, or beat off the dribble with regularity. Nobody springs to mind.

Iverson was really a freak when he was young. He still is really.
    ill sound like a homer because of my name but i agree.

theres certain players who are just unstoppable at certain things in a legendary manner.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    True.

But that doesn't take away from Jordans' defensive game. The offensive player may shake him once in a while, but for a whole 48 minutes? Jordan will frustrate the offensive player into a poor fg% on most occasions.
    Yeah, no doubt about that. But Artest and Bowen can do that as well.

I was responding to Iggy, who said that Iverson MIGHT only get by Jordan ONCE, if they played together in MJ's prime. That's just plain wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Yeah, no doubt about that. But Artest and Bowen can do that as well.

I was responding to Iggy, who said that Iverson MIGHT only get by Jordan ONCE, if they played together in MJ's prime. That's just plain wrong.
    you clearly took "once" in a negative manner. i was saying it in a positive manner as in "he'd be able to do it at least once. he could get by MJ." not in a "well maybe he'd do it once if he got lucky..."

I'm the biggest Jordan homer and I have to say yes. Iverson was much quicker both in their primes.

However, if they were guarding each other one on one MJ would score 50 with much less effort as he'd just post up every single time.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by IGGYIVERSON
    you clearly took "once" in a negative manner. i was saying it in a positive manner as in "he'd be able to do it at least once. he could get by MJ." not in a "well maybe he'd do it once if he got lucky..."
    Oh okay, then we're agreed. When you posted this...

i think he couldve gotten prime MJ at least once
    I thought you meant that it'd be a really rare occurance. But w/e. We're all agreed.

MLK of NBA Minorities

Yes. Definitely.

I rule the local playground

God Damn Iverson rocked the sh 1t out of Mike. Jesus christ, that's the best angle of it I ever seen. Saving as we speak. As for your question, hell yeah Ivo could rock anyone.