Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,631
Default Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Close first quarter!

The Rockets guard must do a better job on Greivis Vasquez though, he is 4 of 4 this far and he has 11 points, 3 assists and one rebound.

Good news is that Harden is scoring good!
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
clipse026
Local High School Star
 
clipse026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 1,284
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Rockets pulling away a bit here. It's nice to see Rivers hitting some 3's though. He really needs to see that to get the confidence rolling.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
TheAesirsFinest
The ? to All Answers
 
TheAesirsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 735
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Wow, Douglas with 3 quick threes. Impressive. Morris has been looking better too.
TheAesirsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
pnyozzzoo
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 623
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Holy batman, ADavis block what most ppl only can contest. Beast.
pnyozzzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM   #5
clipse026
Local High School Star
 
clipse026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 1,284
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Some sloppy play for the Hornets. Monty will be pissed with the defensive effort in this half. Houston hitting everything and getting to the paint at will.
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:58 PM   #6
shoops
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 541
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Davis with that length, blocking everything
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,631
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Harden is scoring again, thank god! 17 points this far!

Lin is still ice cold though, he looks more and more like a role player and it's worrying to see that even a guy like Greivis is outplaying him.

Must say that Morris looks great, people hated on him so much in beginning of the season and now he's playing so good, he looks smooth and skilled on offense and he plays good D!

Last edited by millwad : 11-14-2012 at 09:03 PM.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #8
TheAesirsFinest
The ? to All Answers
 
TheAesirsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 735
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Harden is scoring again, thank god! 17 points this far!

Lin is still ice cold though, he looks more and more like a role player and it's worrying to see that even a guy like Greivis is outplaying him.

Must say that Morris looks great, people hated on him so much in beginning of the season and now he's playing so good, he looks smooth and skilled on offense and he plays good D!

He's (Lin) making some good passes and setting up teammates yet doing nothing to impress. Role player is a good description right now.

I would love if Morris and Patterson both pan out nicely.

Morris!! Smooth shot!
TheAesirsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #9
clipse026
Local High School Star
 
clipse026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 1,284
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Great half for the Rockets
clipse026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
shoops
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 541
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Damn, failed to convert 2 easy layups.

Annoyed by Lin's small role in the offense...dunno why the coaching staff keeps insisting on making him a spot up shooter.

Morris is a beast, once he has his confidence like now. I think he'll shape up pretty well.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,631
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
He's (Lin) making some good passes and setting up teammates yet doing nothing to impress. Role player is a good description right now.

I would love if Morris and Patterson both pan out nicely.

Morris!! Smooth shot!

Haha, Morris looks great!

After the first game everyone was so harsh on the guy but he proved us all wrong. The dude has really developed into a smooth and fine player, his offensive game has really become a good weapon now!

I don't know if I'm reaching when I say that he's the 2nd most gifted scorer on the team but hey, I'm starting to feel that way.
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
millwad
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 6,631
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoops
Damn, failed to convert 2 easy layups.

Annoyed by Lin's small role in the offense...dunno why the coaching staff keeps insisting on making him a spot up shooter.

Morris is a beast, once he has his confidence like now. I think he'll shape up pretty well.

I don't know if it's Lin himself or the coaching stuff but did you notice how Douglas looked more like piece in the puzzle on offense than Lin? Lin looks so passive, he's not really creating much and most of the times he's just handing the ball over to Harden. Would love to see him attack much more and handle the ball more as well.

If TD would be more solid on the offensive end I wouldn't mind to see him start over Lin for some games 'til Lin gets back on track because Lin is better than what he's showing us..
millwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
TheAesirsFinest
The ? to All Answers
 
TheAesirsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 735
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
Haha, Morris looks great!

After the first game everyone was so harsh on the guy but he proved us all wrong. The dude has really developed into a smooth and fine player, his offensive game has really become a good weapon now!

I don't know if I'm reaching when I say that he's the 2nd most gifted scorer on the team but hey, I'm starting to feel that way.

Man, I remember thinking Morris was a walking -15 to our score. The first game, he couldn't do anything right. Couldn't shoot, couldn't set screens, couldn't rebound.

I haven't seen enough to judge his rebounding, defense, etc. confidently, but dude is looking great offensively. A good shooting big is exactly what we needed. I really, really hope Morris' spreading the floor encourages Lin to drive more.

Unfortunately, Parsons still seems stuck in his sophomore slump. Odd how he had a great game against the Heat just like last year...he definitely shows up against the big time teams at least.
TheAesirsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 PM   #14
shoops
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 541
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by millwad
I don't know if it's Lin himself or the coaching stuff but did you notice how Douglas looked more like piece in the puzzle on offense than Lin? Lin looks so passive, he's not really creating much and most of the times he's just handing the ball over to Harden. Would love to see him attack much more and handle the ball more as well.

If TD would be more solid on the offensive end I wouldn't mind to see him start over Lin for some games 'til Lin gets back on track because Lin is better than what he's showing us..
I do realize that TD is playing more aggressively and in stride on the offensive end. I think it's a mixture of lack of confidence in his shot and coaching orders to defer to Harden though, because you see flashes from Lin occasionally. Whatever it is, it's unsatisfying I guess.

Morris was shook the first game, but he really improved tremendously after, with his newfound confidence.
shoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #15
pnyozzzoo
Dunking on everybody in the park
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 623
Default Re: Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Hornets; 11/14/12

Like Morris shooting so far, the land dry rise up hold the ball top over his head shooting is so Melo like.
pnyozzzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy