Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Top 10 PFs in current NBA

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    You should be banned for this list alone....

You serious?

Lol that's the one stat line he might be right on...

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    and so his RPG and BPG will decrease?
    Shaq will undoubtedly steal some of his rebounds so his rpg will decrease for sure. I'm not sure whether his bpg will decrease as well but impossible is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Shaq will undoubtedly steal some of his rebounds so his rpg will decrease for sure. I'm not sure whether his bpg will decrease as well but impossible is nothing.
    he averaged like 8 rpg since shaq came, but you have to consider his improvement...you never know, his bpg and apg might increase, when one window is closed, another one is opened.

Blu Ray

[1] Garnett
    [2] Duncan
    [3] Nowitzki
    [4] Stoudemire
    [5] Bosh
    [6] Gasol
    [7] Brand
    [8] Boozer
    [9] Jefferson
    [10] Wallace
    [11] West
    [12] Jamison
    [13] Okafor
    [14] Randolph
    [15] O'Neal

Banned

Amare should be 3. Bosh 4. Duncan 5. Hes older now and not as productive. Also David West is in the Top 10

If you are going off greatness then Duncan is number 1 for sure. But I really don't think he's the best PF in the league anymore.

Furthermore, your list sucks. Just like all your other ones have.

1. Garnett
    2. Duncan
    3. Nowitzki
    4. Stoudemire
    5. Bosh
    6. Brand
    7. Gasol
    8. West
    9. Boozer
    10. R.Wallace

I don't consider Al Jefferson a PF.

Tim Duncan
    KG
    STAT
    Chris Bosh
    Dirk
    Elton Brand(if he fully recovers from his injury he's above Dirk and maybe Bosh)
    Pau Gasol
    Carlos Boozer
    David West
    Rasheed Wallace/Emeka Okafor

Banned

For all of those who have Bosh 4th, are you basing this on his actual NBA performance last season, or on his Olympic performance this summer? I'm not saying it's wrong exactly, but it doesn't feel exactly right to me.
    I am a Raptors' fan, but I didn't think Bosh was the 4th best PF based on NBA production of last year. I could see if this were supposed to be based on Olympic performance.

Yeah, I would say it could be Dirk or Boozer could beat Bosh out; however, which ever one ended up at the 4th spot I would then put Bosh 5th, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense but oh well.
    Last edited by out|hoops|side; 09-06-2008 at 01:34 AM.

Duncan, Dirk, & KG are way above the rest of the list.

Amare is the closest to joining that list and then, if healthy, Elton Brand.

After that they are all way below those five guys, basically whoever has the best season. Boozer, Gasol, Bosh, etc...all of those guys are the 6-10 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by out|hoops|side
    For all of those who have Bosh 4th, are you basing this on his actual NBA performance last season, or on his Olympic performance this summer? I'm not saying it's wrong exactly, but it doesn't feel exactly right to me.
    I am a Raptors' fan, but I didn't think Bosh was the 4th best PF based on NBA production of last year. I could see if this were supposed to be based on Olympic performance.
    I'm basing it mostly on his performance in the season as well as including some of the potential he showed in his Olympic performances.
    As a result of him playing quite a bit of Center last year, I think his defense/blocks/rebounds are a bit lower than they would be if he played nearly all minutes at PF. With O'Neal slotted in as the primary Center, I think Bosh's FG%/RPG/BPG will all go up, and he may even increase in PPG.
    Dirk may be going downhill(though very slightly) and isn't as good on defense as Bosh. Brand is coming back from an injury. Boozer/Gasol just aren't as good, and West, though good and possibly getting better, has a much better supporting cast.

Dirk is no longer above Amare. What does he do better? Defending PFs, they're on the same level, rebounding is the same, Amare shoots a much better % and has added a decent jumper to his athletic off the dribble game.I guess you could say that he creates more matchup problems, but he's still less effective, and Amare is a nightmare anyways.

Dirk is a better passer, defender, slasher, & shooter than Amare. Really, Amare is a better finisher and thats it. Dirk is hardly going down hill, he was #1 in the NBA Playoffs in PER, put up 27/12/4. IMO he is the 2nd best PF in the NBA after Duncan and, while I see Amare being the #1 PF in the NBA very soon, he isnt quite there yet. But damn he is coming strong.

HeartHustleHope

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    One thing I might forget to mention is that [COLOR="Red"]JO[/COLOR]/Camby/Horford are considered as Centers so they won't appear in this list. The same goes for players like Josh Smith/Lamar Odom who are regarded as SFs.
    probably wouldnt be good to mention JO since he really hasnt made any noise the past 2 seasons

National High School Star

You smokin?
    Pau over Amare?