Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Homeland

This last episode was all over the place. It had all the good and the bad this show seems to be able to produce.

I'm not crazy about the "that could never happen" argument with shows and movies, very much because they're shows and movies. I want to see things that could never happen, otherwise I'd just go see stuff happening and be done with it. That's why I'm not opposed to being asked to suspend my perception of reality for a show.

But this has gotten out of hand, because they're no longer asking me to suspend my belief in reality, but the reality th show created. Carrie was called out on the floor of Congress and openly charged with having an affair with Brody. These are things I suspect the people of Tehran would be aware of. And her using a lousey French accent and wearing a head scarf wouldn't mean no one would notice her. Particularly in conjunction with the fact that Brody is now a local hero.

It also makes no sense that Brody would be left alone with that guy in his office. The entire killing sequence was absurd.

I think my last straw will be next episode. If they kill off Brody, either in that office, or even after some long drawn out gettaway sequence, I think I can move forward and keep watching. If Carrie somehow gets him out of there, and I have to look forward to another season of them, I'm just not sure I can do it.

3-time NBA All-Star

I thought it was funny when the Senator said "we need to end this" and then Saul asked "you mean end Brody?" as if the audience was supposed to be shocked and appalled that they would do this. Umm, he's a former terrorist.

I don't think that was supposed to be all a plan by Brody, which I think is evident in the call with Carrie. He didn't indicate to her at all that it was a plan and he just ended up killing that guy so the CIA would get off his back and then save him. I'm not saying he went back to being a terrorist, but just decided to actually seek refuge in Tehran because he realized that was the safest place for him to be, then changed his mind again once Carrie said they were after him. So Brody has literally went from not-a-traitor, traitor, not-a-traitor, traitor, not-a-traitor, traitor, not-a-traitor. Shit reminds me of WWE.

Season 3 definitely on decline. Hardly any Brody all season. Started with too much time on daughter storyline IMO. Now not part at all. All over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It also makes no sense that Brody would be left alone with that guy in his office. The entire killing sequence was absurd.
    Let it be known, that this is the first time I'm using this message board meme, but

THIS.

I also like how the guy didn't call his security after Brody mentioned he was sent there to kill him. He was just like, "Interesting, why don't you tell me about about your plan to kill me while move within arm's reach of you."

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
    Season 3 definitely on decline. Hardly any Brody all season. Started with too much time on daughter storyline IMO. Now not part at all. All over the place.

This season barely included Brody's wife. She so fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    This season barely included Brody's wife. She so fine.
    She was pregnant during filming, which kind of limits how you can shoot her.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    She was pregnant during filming, which kind of limits how you can shoot her.

Claire Danes was pregnant during season 2. These bi[COLOR="Black"]t[/COLOR]ches gotta quit having babies.

I don't see how Carrie and Brody both escape Iran, nevermind how Brody is supposed to get out of an office with a dead guy in it.

One of them has to die.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime
    I don't see how Carrie and Brody both escape Iran, nevermind how Brody is supposed to get out of an office with a dead guy in it.

One of them has to die.
    yup.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMillerTime

One of them has to die.
    1. Can they kill off Carrie?
    2. It seems like they put a lot into the idea that Brody was seen and filmed on the streets of Teheran, hard to keep that genie in the bottle.

Carrie as the one following Brody is of course ludicrous as others have said. Isn't she beyond famous from her testimony?

Brody being left alone in the office to kill the Iranian dude is of course ludicrous as others have said. "It's impossible to get close to him."...Next scene Brody says"I need to speak to him right away!" He got close to him...see how easy?

Saul somehow caring if a confessed terrorist is killed is of course ludicrous as others have said. So many people keep getting killed, but kill Brody? Hmmm....I dunno.....

Storywise, of course, Brody should die already as others have said. But does Showtime have the BALLS to do it? BALLS? Do they have them? The BALLS? BALLS??? Balls.

The CIA always seems mystified when something doesn't go exactly as planned. "What? What's happening???"

Carrie once again not following orders and "going rogue" is ludicrous as others have said. Again, why is SHE the one to follow Brody...of all people.

The show was very good the first 2 seasons, but it was never THAT good in deserving all the ridiculous hype from white people. "White people love Homeland." It was a good first two seasons, but never as well written as a, let's say, Game of Thrones, or Boardwalk Empire.....

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

Saul somehow caring if a confessed terrorist is killed is of course ludicrous as others have said. So many people keep getting killed, but kill Brody? Hmmm....I dunno.....
    By the way, was there even a mention about how Javadi, the guy who financed the Langley and who Saul let go so he can work for them, killed that Marine in the previous episode for no good reason??

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    By the way, was there even a mention about how Javadi, the guy who financed the Langley and who Saul let go so he can work for them, killed that Marine in the previous episode for no good reason??
    Yeah that killing got glossed over pretty quickly, but I guess Javadi could say he HAD to kill him so no one would suspect anything...otherwise, his cover would be blown.

About time they killed Brody.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I don't see any way that Brody can live beyond this season. His story arc is basically done. No way that Carrie's actually has the baby either. Homeland is about Carrie and Carrie becoming a mother doesn't make any sense given the overall tone and themes of the show.