Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Good college starter Noob Saibot's Avatar

Default Re: Assassin's Creed Unity (next gen)

ok. ive seen some mixed reviews about unity. but rogue has been great so far, grenade launcher ftw.

On that same Rogue note, apparently it's getting great reviews. And since it serves as a sequel to Black Flag I'm definitely gonna get it sooner rather than later probably.

Got my unity copy this morning. instead of just repeating all the bad parts of the game that I got and everyone else, I gotta say this story is starting out as really really interesting. I'm definitely feeling the story, and that's the only reason why I'm still playing it. I also might be the only person who doesn't like the new combat system. I'll give it some time since I don't have all the weapons yet, but my initial impressions are negative.

I'm also really glad they decided to scrap the universal camera idea they were originally gonna implement.

I'm gonna give the game a couple more hours of gameplay. But I'm really not feeling the free running at all. It feels unnatural, and I'm iffy on the combat still even though I have most of the weapons that appear by sequence 4.

The co-op stuff is kind of good, if you have someone to work with. But I went through 2 idiots on my way to completing the Paton mission.
    Last edited by Rose; 11-22-2014 at 02:11 PM.

I spent 2 hours last night doing co-op with a buddy. That **** rocks. Some of the missions are very difficult. We tried our hand at a 3 star mission that required 4 players and we got our asses handed to us over and over again until we came up with a proper strategy.

Haven't played any of the main story since I started playing co-op.

Have been doing lots of co-ops with friends. It's much better if you join a party outside the game first. That way you don't stop talking to them during loading screens.

I have been creeping through the storyline as well, and am at the cusp of what should be the last mission. The story is decent so far, with some parallels with AC2 and Black Flag. How far along is everybody else at?

What kinds of weapons you guys using. I got the mid-range mace. Upgraded my gear to have mostly hp perks. Checked out my "what kind of assassin are you" I got "Rioter". Having a lot of fun, unlocking the viewpoints now like the other poster suggested, racking up money a lot faster now. Only a few missions in, mostly doing side quests.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Hero
    What kinds of weapons you guys using. I got the mid-range mace. Upgraded my gear to have mostly hp perks. Checked out my "what kind of assassin are you" I got "Rioter". Having a lot of fun, unlocking the viewpoints now like the other poster suggested, racking up money a lot faster now. Only a few missions in, mostly doing side quests.

I had focused my money and upgrades from the Assassin Points, and my perks, toward the one handed weapons, so I just saved up until I could buy the best unlocked one handed weapon I could get. It's a thick double sided sword. I don't recall the name of it though. It was like 225K. It's really allowed me to muscle through even the 5 diamond side missions. I think I have 4 more Assassin missions to do and I will have finished all the side missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I had focused my money and upgrades from the Assassin Points, and my perks, toward the one handed weapons, so I just saved up until I could buy the best unlocked one handed weapon I could get. It's a thick double sided sword. I don't recall the name of it though. It was like 225K. It's really allowed me to muscle through even the 5 diamond side missions. I think I have 4 more Assassin missions to do and I will have finished all the side missions.
    I don't recall the name either but my friend has it. He said it's exactly as good as the one you get after finishing the main story so I didn't bother buying it. I did buy one of the mid-valued pistols and upgraded and it's been a life-saver. I was doing the Political Prisoners co-op mission last night and I had to take out 3 snipers on a tower from far away. I got up on the rooftop of another tower and took 3 headshots without reloading. It was sweet.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    I don't recall the name either but my friend has it. He said it's exactly as good as the one you get after finishing the main story so I didn't bother buying it. I did buy one of the mid-valued pistols and upgraded and it's been a life-saver. I was doing the Political Prisoners co-op mission last night and I had to take out 3 snipers on a tower from far away. I got up on the rooftop of another tower and took 3 headshots without reloading. It was sweet.

I started with mid level stuff, but after that I started pulling down enough money that I began saving for only the highest rated available stuff. I have that sword, the highest rifle I could get, the highest chest, head, foot, belt, and breaches I could get.

But beyond those items I haven't bought anything. I own zero long weapons for example.

I haven't played in a week or so.