Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 02-08-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Default bibby, artest, et. al.: trade or cap space?

so...does it look at all like anything is going to happen via trades either this month or next summer, or is petrie just gonna wait until the salary is off the books and make a go at a free agent?

i haven't been able to keep up with kings stuff too much the last couple months, so i have no idea what is goin on in petrie's mind...

i'm also kinda confused about why we are going to be trading for expiring contracts when bibby's and artest's are just that... if all we want is cap space, just let them ride their contracts out...i don't think we will get equal value for them anyway because most of the league (at least the fans) thinks they are overrated or their careers are practically over.

as for KT, brad and SAR, i don't recall what each of their contracts look like. the way brad has been playing (from what i've seen) has been pretty impressive so, keep him?
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Default Re: bibby, artest, et. al.: trade or cap space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Keep everybody except KT and SAR. The Kings are playing good basketball. Probably as good as before Webber got traded.

even if it means paying ron a lot more and resigning bibby on the other side of his prime? i agree we are playing great, especially if you look at the wins over the big teams like detroit, dallas, utah, and san antonio. But we are very unlikely to make the playoffs, or if we do, survive the first round.

i don't think this is a 7-game series type of playoff team, and considering two of our bigger parts may not be here much longer i think we have to look farther than just the end of this season. artest has already stated his intentions, and i doubt mike would walk away from his 13 or 14 mil for his final season, but is he still going to be able to carry this team of young players into the next 5 years?

same with brad, i love his play this year, but how long can he keep it up? 2 more seasons? 3? i don't see us being contenders in 2 seasons, maybe that's just me
Old 02-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #3
DEBORAH
Not airballing my layups anymore

Exclamation Re: bibby, artest, et. al.: trade or cap space?

I hope you read the column in today's Sacramento Bee by the esteemed woman columnist about Artest/ Petrie. Please go read, very interesting. Me thinks from reading this that Artest will sign and stay, but who knows.
DEBORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #4
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEBORAH
I hope you read the column in today's Sacramento Bee by the esteemed woman columnist about Artest/ Petrie. Please go read, very interesting. Me thinks from reading this that Artest will sign and stay, but who knows.

i sure haven't, but i will be sure to check it out thanks!
Old 02-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
From experience, most of the stuff she writes about trades is meant to just generate interest. Just a hype machine.

In my opinion, we should look to trade Artest and Brad for contracts that expire in 2009 and picks. Brad's value will never be higher and we can't just let Artest just expire and leave this summer.

We need to move Ron and get some picks.

On the other hand, we could try to get some peices right now and go for a playoff run this season (which would end with a 1st round loss probably). We had a lot of expirers last season (Corliss, Potapenko, Hart, Price) and Petrie let them all run out which suggested he was going for Cap room. Then he signed Moore for a long contract even though we had a plethora of post guys.

That doesn't add up in my head. What is he even going for? The future or win now? Does he even know?

If I had my way, I would try to package Brad with Artest to bring back 1 good player like Mike Miller, Odom, AK?, etc., draft pick(s), and some expirer for '09.

The FA pool in '09 will look really good and I think Bibby comes off the books then too.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 05:53 PM   #6
DEBORAH
Not airballing my layups anymore

Exclamation Re: bibby, artest, et. al.: trade or cap space?

I see where they want to get rid of Bonzi, why not trade Artest for him , he would be welcome back here in Arco arena.
DEBORAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
I see where they want to get rid of Bonzi, why not trade Artest for him , he would be welcome back here in Arco arena.
Bonzi isn't the same player anymore. And I don't know how he would fit in with Martin and Salmons both needing the minutes they do.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #8
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Bonzi isn't the same player anymore. And I don't know how he would fit in with Martin and Salmons both needing the minutes they do.

he wouldn't. i'm glad he sailed his ship when he did
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: