Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1825262728

Default Re: SI: LeBron sent a clear message by not shaking hands with Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    It's funny how in 2 seperate threads (Big Ben's retirement and the Chinese investors) you say I connect dots that aren't there, and then you say this.
    i didn't say he's leaving because of this. the person asked why does the media fixate on Lebron possibly being in NY vs. Lebron in say Toronto. Read before scolding.

Local High School Star

Default Re: LeBron leaves court and arena without speaking to reporters

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteness
    I wish he'd live up to the damn hype... I'm sick of saying I'm the fan of the next MJ, when in reality I'm the fan of the next Kwame Brown... I'm not going to call BUST this early, but If he doesn't come back next season I'm going to have to finally jump on the Kobe train.

What else is there to do?

I am assuming (and so must be everyone else because there are no responses) that you are being sarcastic here. He may not be able to live up to the hype; however, Kwame Brown?
    LBJ - 3-time state champion in high school, and by the age of 24 he has already...won 1 mvp, won 2 all-star mvps, won a scoring title, been the fastest in the history of the game to score 5,000 and 10,000 points, led his team (with Eric Snow, Sasha Pavlovic and Drew Gooden starting) to the NBA Finals, led the NBA in Efficiency Rating, has drawn comparisons to Oscar Robertson and Magic Johnson (more complete players than MJ), and has single handedly turned a franchise into one of the top 5 in the league. Are you serious? Kwame Brown? His team's weaknesses were badly revealed in the Orlando; his greatness continued. Did you see his stats? Kwame Brown? The best thing about all of this speculation is his silence. He loved his year, he loved his teammates and his coaches, he loved his fans, he loves his life in Akron with his childhood friends...and I mean love. The beauty of it is that all of you haters (who reek of jealousy so badly I can smell it) think you can say something that would actually be true and impact the situation, but you can't. He hasn't won a title; he knows that better than you. We all know that; come up with something a little more insightful. Throw some great names out who have won a title and then name one of them who did not have another prime-time player alongside of him. Magic - are you serious (Kareem, Worthy, Nixon, etc). Bird (McHale, Parrish, Dennis Johnson), MJ (Pippen), Kobe (Shaq), Shaq (Kobe, D-Wade), D-Wade (Shaq). Very few people had the playoffs that this guy had this year, yet he is not reaching the hype? Wow.

Local High School Star

Default Re: SI: LeBron sent a clear message by not shaking hands with Magic

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor

I watch a lot of NBA...a lot. NO PLAYER REALLY STROKES HIS COACH IN PUBLIC. LBJ (and the entire team) spent this year publicly stating that their staff was responsible for their success because they were always prepared. LBJ has grabbed Brown's "defense first" philosophy and worn it around his neck. LBJ is too sharp to wear that necklace for looks; he believes in it. D. Howard body slams Van Gundy during the Boston series and then they look like the 27 Yankees vs. the Cavs. LBJ spends a year publicly loving his coach and they look like...well they got outplayed in final minutes of the game. This guy thinks he knows why LBJ walked off, but the great thing is that he doesn't. His article in SI is a guess, and we are all allowed to guess. The guy does not know, but gets paid to formulate an opinion. What a great job! This article is nothing more than a microcosm of the media writes it we believe it world, and it is our fault for letting that happen. I don't know what LBJ will do (although I know he is sincerely happy where he is), but whatever he does will not happen because some writer "knew the scoop". When LBJ does decide - to stay or go - every writer will have his stories ready. One of them will be a happy ending for the Cavs, the other will not. Whichever one is printed, one thing that each writer will state is that "I told you so."

Saw a basketball once sonofthehill's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron leaves court after Game 6 elimination vs Magic without shaking hands

The spoil brat superstar never really had my support at the beginning. I felt he was a bit too arrogant but that kinda went away a little bit after years of great performance he put on and how he always emphasize on team play, being a team player and consistently expressing his gratitude to his teammates on winninig situations. But what he did now leaving the court without showing love or any kind of congrads to the magic just proved my point right at the beginning. C'mon man howard was he's team usa teammate and a friend how can he just walk out the arena like that. He can middlefinger everyone on the magic team but at least show some love for his friend howard man! Anyways today we finally see the real LBJ.

Decent playground baller andredagiant's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron leaves court after Game 6 elimination vs Magic without shaking hands

I don't see anything wrong with Lebron leaving the court and not shaking his opponents hands, I don't see what the big fuss is about, this should be the way it is, the fact teams just shake other teams hands after games just angers me, where's the drive? it makes you think did they even care? as for not addressing the media, i think those are league rules that they must address the media, not too sure what to say about that, it's stupid how players are expected to talk when their clearly upset about a loss......which shows their competitive drive. Anyway, I support Lebron's decision to leave, I'm not saying everyone should say that, but players like Lebron who leaves everything out there and literally carries his team should have the right to storm off after an embarrasing series

Breaking news....Lebron fined 25,000 by ***** ass Stern..

All of those on your highhorse can celebrate now..

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Breaking news....Lebron fined 25,000 by ***** ass Stern..

All of those on your highhorse can celebrate now..
    Official AP Story.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofthehill
    The spoil brat superstar never really had my support at the beginning. I felt he was a bit too arrogant but that kinda went away a little bit after years of great performance he put on and how he always emphasize on team play, being a team player and consistently expressing his gratitude to his teammates on winninig situations. But what he did now leaving the court without showing love or any kind of congrads to the magic just proved my point right at the beginning. C'mon man howard was he's team usa teammate and a friend how can he just walk out the arena like that. He can middlefinger everyone on the magic team but at least show some love for his friend howard man! Anyways today we finally see the real LBJ.