Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How do we stamp out flopping in the NBA?

Anyone who says a challenge system, please, jump off a cliff.

Best way to stop it would be assessing bigger fines after the game, along with having a separate "flop" count that will count towards suspensions of different amounts per tier.

In game, if an official feels it was a full on flop, it counts as a Flag 1, opposition gets two shots + possession.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    How's the compilation coming along?
    Slow but surprisingly well! I mean i am only 26 games in but have 19 flops accumulated (as legit as most of those Lebron "flops"), many more games to go... i expected to watch at least two games per day but that seems to be wishful thinking with my schedule. I can really just finish it a bit earlier if i am to impatient, but then again im not doing this to show you that Jordan flopped, there is a couple of videos out there that show you he did, but im doing this to show you that anybody can look like a big flopper or even the biggest flopper ever and for that i want a bit more content....... :)

By simply watching all/most career games of a player and nitpick for all the flops that player ever did you can make anybody look like a flopper.... trust me on this one, after im done with Jordan you maybe will....

NBA Superstar

they could start by actually using the punishment system they have in place

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Slow but surprisingly well! I mean i am only 26 games in but have 19 flops accumulated (as legit as most of those Lebron "flops"), many more games to go... i expected to watch at least two games per day but that seems to be wishful thinking with my schedule. I can really just finish it a bit earlier if i am to impatient, but then again im not doing this to show you that Jordan flopped, there is a couple of videos out there that show you he did, but im doing this to show you that anybody can look like a big flopper or even the biggest flopper ever and for that i want a bit more content....... :)

By simply watching all/most career games of a player and nitpick for all the flops that player ever did you can make anybody look like a flopper.... trust me on this one, after im done with Jordan you maybe will....
    dude nice

sounds like its time to start a new thread with vol. 1 containing these 19 flops

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    dude nice

sounds like its time to start a new thread with vol. 1 containing these 19 flops
    Oh you mean like 19 gif's? I could do that, but i want to make a video and i prefer more flops before i can do that, with like a Benny Hill theme song or something lol, i am open for suggestions. :)

Any sneak peak footage? Are you gonna do a trailer? I can't take it much longer, the anticipation is too much.

On second thought i forgot your to busy shooting 8 hours a day, being one of the best shooters in the world Who am I kidding......you're easily the best

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    Any sneak peak footage? Are you gonna do a trailer? I can't take it much longer, the anticipation is too much.
    Good idea, i can do that.

On second thought i forgot your to busy shooting 8 hours a day, being one of the best shooters in the world!! Who am I kidding......he's easily the best
    2 hours practce (team), 6 hours shooting (by myself inside/outside), I really used to do that, for many years, you dont believe me? But that was very many beers ago...

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Can't believe nobody noticed.

Simple & direct, yet effective:

You flop too much, Scola. Let this be a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    You can't, how do you know what is real flopping and what is just a human reaction? People react differently and people scream 'flop!'.
    If I came swinging at your face or a body part without touching you, you'd react to it and it would look like you're flopping because I never touched you.
    I mean, as someone who's been watching basketball for a long time, flopping has definitely become much more frequent over the last decade.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

If a player exaggerates when he gets hit regardless if it's a offensive foul let it go, only reward players who go down from legit contact and don't exaggerate it. Any form of acting should negate the foul or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Here are a few examples that might help you out:

[/IMG]

Those 3 aren't flops imo.

Its actually as much flopping as ever.... some of the flops are even commendable/respectable fundamental plays, like for example:

Defensively taking a charge, even if there is contact its really 99.9% of the time a flop, play/sell it a bit, fall down so easy like you are balancing on chopsticks, ofcourse you do that, ofcourse you want to give the opponent a foul and your team the possession, why would you just sit there and stand your ground.... that stuff can even make you a 1st all-defensive player if you do it alot...

Offensively drawing contact, sometimes players will exaggerate the physical contact/foul....

It looks bad only when you get caught, when its obvious, like there is no contact and you fall down or flail around or whatever......

It has always been like this, the only difference is that today compared to any other time in NBA history a game is recorded by even more cameras from even more angles in Bluray/1080/720p quality with 100+ fps, 100hz and each play is replayed all the time in ultra slow mo and zoomed in from all angles.... you cant get away with ANYTHING like that in todays era... all games are also avaliable to any fan who has internet, for free... nothing goes to waste....

There is not more flopping going today, but the flopping (including everything else) because of the above is much more DEFINED today....
    I wouldn't call drawing charges and selling legitimate fouls flopping. Flopping to me is trying to trick the ref into calling a foul when no foul actually occurred.

And and see way more frequent and exaggerated flopping today than I did 20-30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Can't believe nobody noticed.

Simple & direct, yet effective:

You flop too much, Scola. Let this be a lesson.

19 flops in 26 games, I just find that hard to believe. That my friends is what you call a hyperbole, i bet 80 percent of "these flops" edited plays where it makes MJ looked like he's flopped by it was really contact. MJ played in an era with more physicality and where players were out there to hurt you. (IE Bad Boys)