Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    It's ugly ass B.Walton

Default Re: Ibaka is a top 10 PF.

Per 36? Slight edge LMA? Really? Really? Really???

Are you fhcking insane? Ibaka is a great spot-up shooter who finishes his dunks and layups. End. He's also a volume shotblocker who overhelps, has no awareness and jumps at every shot(fake) that goes up.

Aldridge is one of the top 3-5 post-up players in the league, has just as much of a spot-up game (he just doesn't get to spot up and relax, because all he has is Lillard), can face up and pass the god damn basketball.

Offensively, it's like comparing Steve Kerr to Michael Jordan. "but but Steve Kerr is a great shooter!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    Exactly!
    Everyone thinks Ibaka is an all star defender just cuz his blocks. His defense is overrated
    Wrong, nobody here said he was an all star defender as a matter of fact I said that he's an average defender just as LMA is. Ibaka isn't a bad defender though, that's just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Element
    Per 36? Slight edge LMA? Really? Really? Really???

Are you fhcking insane? Ibaka is a great spot-up shooter who finishes his dunks and layups. End. He's also a volume shotblocker who overhelps, has no awareness and jumps at every shot(fake) that goes up.

Aldridge is one of the top 3-5 post-up players in the league, has just as much of a spot-up game (he just doesn't get to spot up and relax, because all he has is Lillard), can face up and pass the god damn basketball.

Offensively, it's like comparing Steve Kerr to Michael Jordan. "but but Steve Kerr is a great shooter!!"
    Whoa, calm down with the super duper font, it's not that serious. LMA usually settles for jump shots just like Ibaka does. I'm not sure why this is an argument because I clearly said that LMA is better that Ibaka. I just don't think LMA is way better. At this point, I would like to just agree to disagree.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mjokc
    3 or 4 of the players you listed play center most of the time. Anthony Davis? Are you serious? Ibaka destroyed Davis every time they matched up. Don't get me wrong, in time Davis will be one of the best bigs in the league, right now Ibaka is better.
    To many people make the mistake of using a 1 on 1 match up to judge who a better player is between the two. To many factors go into it to make a valid judgement.

Its about how good you are as an indivdual and how you do against EVERYONE not just one player, styles make fights and sometimes a lesser player has a style to trouble/outplay a superior player. Imo Davis brings far more to the table overall than Ibaka but thats just my opinion.

Also Monroe is probably the only one I can think of listed at C, Nene has played PF next to Okafor all year, Horford is a PF playing out of position, and Davis plays PF next to Lopez.
    Last edited by andremiller07; 04-16-2013 at 10:23 AM.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Wrong, nobody here said he was an all star defender as a matter of fact I said that he's an average defender just as LMA is. Ibaka isn't a bad defender though, that's just silly.
    Many people think hes an all star defender im not talking about people only on this forum. And i never said he was a bad defender just overated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    Many people think hes an all star defender im not talking about people only on this forum. And i never said he was a bad defender just overated.
    You agreed with a comment saying that Ibaka was a bad defender. I do agree that he gets overrated defensively because people see his amount of blocks. Ibaka needs to improve his man defense.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    To me

Love, Alridge, Griffin, Bosh, Drik, Z-Bo, Horford, Lee are all so much better I don't think its even worth discussing.

Players like Monroe, Milsap, West, Anthony Davis, Healthy Nene are all higher skilled/IQ players who are all far more capable of making shots for themselves and others while setting up teammates.

To me hes top 15 somewhere between 12-15.
    This.

To many people make the mistake of using a 1 on 1 match up to judge who a better player is between the two. To many factors go into it to make a valid judgement.

Its about how good you are as an indivdual and how you do against EVERYONE not just one player, styles make fights and sometimes a lesser player has a style to trouble/outplay a superior player. Imo Davis brings far more to the table overall than Ibaka but thats just my opinion.

Also Monroe is probably the only one I can think of listed at C, Nene has played PF next to Okafor all year, Horford is a PF playing out of position, and Davis plays PF next to Lopez.
    Sorry, I just have to disagree about Davis....right now. I'm not sure I saw enough from him this year to warrant saying he's better, more skilled, etc. than Ibaka right now. If I'm a GM and have to pick between Davis and Ibaka to build around, I'd take Davis.

Anyway, I'm not trying to dispute whether he's top 10 or not. I would take him over Millsap, though. Maybe I've just been turned off by the times I've watched Millsap when he played OKC this year, and looked really pedestrian. Whatever it is, I would take Ibaka over Millsap all day.

Something else to keep in mind, Ibaka is putting up his numbers as a clear-cut 3rd and sometimes 4th option. While all the other PF's people are listing are their team's 1st or 2nd option. But that could be used against him just as easily as it could be used for him. Still, he's averaging 13-8-3 on 57/35/75 shooting which are excellent percentages for a PF. Put him on a team where he's the 2nd option, those percentages obviously go down, but the scoring probably goes up to 15-18 PPG in the right situation. I think he'll prove to be a better rebounder going forward, too. He's been playing some of the best basketball of his career as of late, too.

And I've already said this, but keep in mind he's only 23. He's come back every year with something added to his game and a better player. It stands to reason he'll only get better over the next few years. Right now, he's probably a borderline top 10 PF; but going forward there's quite a few PF's in the top 10 I'd take Ibaka over.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Had to bump because seeing Ibaka without Westbrook there pretty much proves he's not even top 15. This dude been getting carried by the likes of Durrant/WB/Harden his whole career dude when not getting spoon feed or being wide open on offense is trash.

His defense is the most overrated in the whole NBA, one on one he's a hack cause he panics (he does block shots yeah but meh...). When OKC have needed him to step up and actually be forced to contribute something he has played like a complete scrub dude is basically Bismack Biyombo on a good team where all his flaws till Goatbrook got injured got covered up.

If Ibaka was a on a lottery team no one would even know who he is, just another grossly overrated athletic big with low skill who is being exposed in the playoffs like many of these other no skill bigs have been so far (which I'm loving).

Had to bump because seeing Ibaka without Westbrook there pretty much proves he's not even top 15. This dude been getting carried by the likes of Durrant/WB/Harden his whole career dude when not getting spoon feed or being wide open on offense is trash.

His defense is the most overrated in the whole NBA, one on one he's a hack cause he panics (he does block shots yeah but meh...). When OKC have needed him to step up and actually be forced to contribute something he has played like a complete scrub dude is basically Bismack Biyombo on a good team where all his flaws till Goatbrook got injured got covered up.

If Ibaka was a on a lottery team no one would even know who he is, just another grossly overrated athletic big with low skill who is being exposed in the playoffs like many of these other no skill bigs have been so far (which I'm loving).

Ibaka is just as good of a shooter as LMA and also leads the league in blocks. Both are average defenders and rebound around the same rate. I would give the slight edge to LMA because of more post moves and slightly better rebounding, but it isn't like he's that much better IMO.
    LMA gets his as the number 1 option on his team with opponent's defense geared toward stopping him. Ibaka benefits from the attention paid to KD and Westbrook. In no way are they comparable. Only 5 pts, 5 rebs in a playoff game - terrible.

So salty.

Banned

So salty.
    Look who's talking.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Not that stats mean anything but he's averaging similar numbers with or without Westbrook. His defensive presence is one of the reasons they passed the Rockets

LMA vs Ibaka is madness, not even worth discussing. Teams facing Portlands entire defensive scheme is about stopping LMA touching the ball let alone shooting. You play OKC you want ibaka shooting... madness