Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Made that high school varsity squad

Default Re: Better pure score Melo or Kobe???

kobe has more arsenal......melo is very good at what he does (footwork, post and midrange)....kobe has never met a shot he doesn't like (which is a bad thing)...the only person with worse shot selection is arenas....i still think mcgrady and kobe are the two best scorers.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    im not saying how much percentage matters, but I do think that is one of the problems with Kobe's game...

He is reckless, and its not a good thing

Kobe is an awesome shooter, but he has a bit too much confidence and it hurts the team on occasion. 3 pointers are low percentage shots, so a player should only shoot them when he is wide open.. When kobe gets to jacking up the 3's, he is basically wasting possesions for the lakers.. When a team is as marginal as the lakers, they cant afford to waste possesions because they will need every opportunity to score points...

Kobe would be a Mj caliber player if he could control his game and take better shots....

his Fg% would go up and he'd be the leader the team needs to go deep in the playoffs.

when you compare that aspect of his game to a guy like Wade or Melo, it is obviously a weakness in comparison.. Kobe is a better shooter than Wade, but Wade's game is almost always focused on what he does best... His game is narrowed down to midrange jumpers, slashin, and getting to the hoop drawing contact....

Kobe could improve in this area
    I'm a huge Laker fan, and I agree somewhat with what you're saying...

This is actually a pretty tough topic because you can make a case for both players.

I'm gonna go with Kobe because he has a variety of hangtime moves like his baseline fadeaway that ou just cant guard.

But Melo is a very strong small forward, he can have his way in the paint and at the same time he has the sweetest stroke. I love anthony's game.

Kobe>Melo.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    This is actually a pretty tough topic because you can make a case for both players.

I'm gonna go with Kobe because he has a variety of hangtime moves like his baseline fadeaway that ou just cant guard.

But Melo is a very strong small forward, he can have his way in the paint and at the same time he has the sweetest stroke. I love anthony's game.

Kobe>Melo.
    Can't I just have Melo play alongside Kobe? Make the trade man!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Still Melo. Just because Jackson is giving Kobe the greenlight to take as many shots as he wants the past 2 games or whatever doesn't mean he's a purer scorer. When Kobe's on fire he's on fire, but Melo is pure consistency. He puts up 30 so easy its scary, half the time you wouldn't even know it. Hell watching the game vs the Nets Tuesday I seriously had no idea he had 30 after all of his foul trouble. I mean its rare to have a guy leading the league in scoring most of the year scoring 30 a game and his season high is only 42. And hell if he could get the calls that guys like Kobe gets from the refs, he'd still be in the scoring lead.
    is it still Melo?

Magic Johnson

I still think Carmelo Anthony has a chance to be a top 3 guy in this league. He's got so much ****ing talent that it's crazy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    I still think Carmelo Anthony has a chance to be a top 3 guy in this league. He's got so much ****ing talent that it's crazy.
    Carmello Anthony has no such chance in his career. Even at his 100% Lebron, Wade, CP3 and Dwight are still a good deal better...Im not even including the old heads like Kobe and TD. Or the new guys that are prob gonna overtake him like Brandon Roy(already has) and Kevin Durant(give him another year)

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Carmello Anthony has no such chance in his career. Even at his 100% Lebron, Wade, CP3 and Dwight are still a good deal better...Im not even including the old heads like Kobe and TD. Or the new guys that are prob gonna overtake him like Brandon Roy(already has) and Kevin Durant(give him another year)
    He's got the talent to do it though. I just don't think he's got the teammates or situation that will allow him to achieve his potential. Come on, this guy has to be one of the more talented guys in the league.

Coming from a Melo fan,
    Lets see:
    Mid Range: slight edge Kobe
    Threes: Melo has improved alot in this catagory, shooting 39%, more than kobe has ever shot from 3. Edge- Melo
    Driving: Kobe. More in control, better at getting to the line (Melo would be there more if the stripes gave him some calls but...). Kobe is better at finishing around the rim too, although Melo has his moments.
    Free throw shooting: Kobe. %s don't lie.
    O Reb baskets: Melo by default cuz of his size
    Post game: Slight edge Melo, amazing array of moves down there.
    Clutch: Melo again, has great regular season moments, but Kobe just gets it done when it counts aka playoffs and reg season. Edge Kobe.
    Looks fairly even, but I gotta go with Kobe at this point, he just gets it done more often than Melo and this year more efficiently.

BlackMamba24
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    He's got the talent to do it though. I just don't think he's got the teammates or situation that will allow him to achieve his potential. Come on, this guy has to be one of the more talented guys in the league.
    He's definitely talented but I don't see the leadership qualities in him. His level of play has declined quite a bit in the playoffs. He's an amazing scorer, has improved his defense, good instincts and all that but I think the ability to lead a team is what seperates him from guys like LeBron, Wade etc. I don't see why you would say he doesn't have the teammates to achieve his potential. It's not like his team hinder's his growth or improvement. He doesn't have any player who dominates the ball. It's usual that a player's stats will boost up when his team's pretty ****ty. Statistically, I think he has already peaked. Talkin about the 06-07 season. He can have a better season depending upon the circumstances, though.

Definitely Kobe