Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Better pure score Melo or Kobe???

How can ESPN even ask this question. Is it a joke.... Im not tryin to sound like a groupie but Melo iso's all game leaks out on defense and still is only averaging 30 ppg.

ESPN hating on Kobe again. He comes off a season where he looked like one of the best scorers of all time. But now I guess Melo is better right???

Melo's a more efficient scorer this year than Kobe's ever been, that's for damn sure.

But in terms of volume obviously Kobe's 35ppg season was the greatest thing anyone had seen since Jordan.

Banned

Default ...

Melo is more efficent in the regular season, but we know what happens in the playoffs.....

Also players dont get up for Melo like they do for Kobe until the post- season.

Not airballing my layups anymore Don Cheto's Avatar

Carmelo Anthony

Banned

obviously Kobe. dumb question, like you said.

Carmelo

Melo. Kobe has the purer jumpshot. Aside from that Melo has compareable footwork (these 2 are the best perimeter players in the league in that dept). Melo has the superior post game, and both are compareable when it comes to driving. Kobe also is superior to getting the refs to call touch fouls, but we won't count that.

Its atleast equal, Melo's ability to dominate in the post and be more efficient is key though.
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 11-29-2006 at 01:38 AM.

I remember when I used to like ESPN... but lately, they've just been off on so many things...

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Melo. Kobe has the purer jumpshot. Aside from that Melo has compareable footwork (these 2 are the best perimeter players in the league in that dept). Melo has the superior post game, and both are compareable when it comes to driving. Kobe also is superior to getting the refs to call touch fouls, but we won't count that.
    Are you a Nuggets fan?

Actually it's an interesting question, Melo is better in the post and he's way more efficient but Kobe is the guy who averaged 35 PPG. He's got more variety in his game than Melo.

NBA Superstar

Anyone one who says Melo is dead wrong.

If Kobe played on USA this summer it would have been his team and they would have won gold (and I am a Kobe hater for the record).

This conversation wouldn't happen if Melo didn't do well this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Are you a Nuggets fan?
    More of a Melo fan, but yeah.

But, its not like its not a good question. Comeon, first of all Kobe is a seasoned vet in his prime, Melo is only 22. Both have the sweet jumper, good posts games (though melo's is much better), great off the drive, footwork. Both 2 elite scorers. Melo more efficient.

Kobe has better handles and quicker, Melo much stronger and is taller. With their versatility just about equal, I think its a fair question. I don't mind saying Kobe's better, but its a worthwhile question. Remember, this is not a question of who's better overall, just more of a pure scorer

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    How can ESPN even ask this question. Is it a joke.... Im not tryin to sound like a groupie but Melo iso's all game leaks out on defense and still is only averaging 30 ppg.

ESPN hating on Kobe again. He comes off a season where he looked like one of the best scorers of all time. But now I guess Melo is better right???
    ESPN hates on Yao Ming much more than Kobe, so you shouldnt be complaining.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JSub
    ESPN hates on Yao Ming much more than Kobe, so you shouldnt be complaining.
    yea they rly do. they gave him credit today but still questioned if he can keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    yea they rly do. they gave him credit today but still questioned if he can keep it up.
    Basically, Yao's gonna have to average 27/10 for the next 5 seasons and win a few rings before trash like Greg Anthony is going to pay his dues.