Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Cleveland Cavaliers will hold monthly lottery for single game ticket sales

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...e-ticket-sales

With demand at an all-time high thanks to the return of LeBron James, the team decided the best way to allow fans to get a shot at seeing the team that is now favored to win the NBA title was through a random drawing.

"There was an internal desire to make sure we could get as many different fans in to see our games as possible," Cavaliers CEO Len Komoroski said. "These fans have been with us for the good times and the bad and we want the tickets in their hands instead of the brokers, who are going to buy them with the intention of taking them, reposting them and selling them for a profit."

On Sept. 26, the team will start taking names from fans who want to be entered into the lottery.

During the first week of each month, fans whose names come up will have 12 hours to choose which game during the next month they want to attend. Each winning fan will be able to purchase up to six tickets. The price of the tickets is variable depending on opponent, but team officials said the average price of this season's tickets matches the average price of the top tier of seats from last season.

Fans who win tickets and purchase them are not eligible to participate in the lottery for the two months following.

Unlike season tickets, which the team restricted to in-state buyers, the lottery is available to out-of-town fans.

The Cavaliers sold out of season tickets in July, less than eight hours after James announced he would leave the Miami Heat to return to Cleveland.
    Best front office in the league next to the Spurs

Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers will hold monthly lottery for single game ticket sales

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...e-ticket-sales

Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers will hold monthly lottery for single game ticket sales

Cleveland fans do not deserve this team at all. They cried like little babies when Lebron left in the most pathetic of fashion...now they rush back for tickets.

They just keep raising prices on Cavs tickets until the average Joe can't afford it...that would be great.

us cavs fans are the best

Show up for every single game. We don't leave our team with 28 seconds left to go in a game 6 finals.

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve

When opening day tickets dropping? I need tickets to that

Dan Gilbert's son better start buying some tickets.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    us cavs fans are the best

Show up for every single game. We don't leave our team with 28 seconds left to go in a game 6 finals.
    First of all, "us" haha haha haha haha

Second, I don't think Cleveland has seen a game 6 NBA finals. But I could be wrong.

I am your soldier!

So generous, screwing over people that can't afford season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Second, I don't think Cleveland has seen a game 6 NBA finals. But I could be wrong.