Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Re: BOS Reporter: Kevin Garnett Will Retire

the CBS article a few posts up made the informed speculation that Garnett's idea is to "go out on top". I think most KG fans who have not only watched his play on the court, but have gotten a feel for his personality off the court know he is a pridefull man who would find it unacceptable to go out as a shell of his former self.

If tomorrow is indeed it, I will relish every moment he is on the court. One of the greatest ever

I think Duncan should retire as well. I don't know why, but something as arbitrary as him not averaging 20+/10+ for his career averages would somehow tarnish something for me in his career.
    I know how great he was and everything, but it would just seem odd calling him the greatest power forward of all time despite not quite having the stats of other all time greats.

Default Re: BOS Reporter: KG Will Retire

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    KG plays more like a SG/SF

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    That would be a huge blow to the game of basketball. KG is still an amazing player.

If Duncan can play another year or two, I don't see why KG can't do the same.
    Duncan's game was never about quickness and agility.

And that logic is not right to begin with...like hey, if Juwan Howard is still playing, I don't see why Chris Webber isn't playing either.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Duncan needs to stay unless he's in pain. This Spurs team should not call it quits yet. They had the best record in the west last season and tied (I think) for best record in the NBA this season. They won 20 games in a row. They just need to add a defensive big to go with Duncan so he's not doing all the defending near the basket by himself. But they have the perfect mix of youth and veterans.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    He does. KG could play SF easily in his prime. KG's game is more about quickness and explosiveness than a real big like a Duncan or Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Heard this on ESPN radio a few hours ago, couldn't even tell you which show it was tbh because i was only in the car for a few minutes. I'm guessing Ryan Rucco but I could be wrong.

He had a reporter from Boston on the show talking about the BOS/MIA series and said he's heard from sources within the organization that KG will retire at the end of the season.

He also gave some insight regarding Garnett's knees which was previously unknown. Supposedly it takes Boston's medical staff hours to get his knees ready before game time through massage, and other techniques. It's been arduous for KG to get on the floor this season, but he's been playing like a champion despite it all. However, according to the reporter, this is it for the Big Ticket.
    Injuries wise, this is totally believeable.
    It just becomes too physically painful to play after so many years.

If he does retire, next stop is having his jersey retired by the Wolves and then the Hall of Fame.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    He does. KG could play SF easily in his prime.
    yeah, he could play SF, but no way "KG plays more like a SG/SF", Garnett moves and plays like a PF.

I tremble at the thought of what he's going to do to himself and to that team tomorrow night to get a win.

I rule the local playground unknowns8's Avatar

KG is going no where... this is nothing more than a slow news day/media beat-up

Quote Originally Posted by TheFan
    yeah, he could play SF, but no way "KG plays more like a SG/SF", Garnett moves and plays like a PF.
    Garnett and Dirk were the first two PF's really who changed the whole style of what everyone thought a big should do.

I'm not saying he doesn't play like PF. But he plays like a SF too.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by Ketchup
    I think Duncan should retire as well. I don't know why, but something as arbitrary as him not averaging 20+/10+ for his career averages would somehow tarnish something for me in his career.
    I know how great he was and everything, but it would just seem odd calling him the greatest power forward of all time despite not quite having the stats of other all time greats.

Check out his All-NBA defensive team selections (13)

Check out his All-NBA team selections (12)

Check out his MVP & Finals MVP awards (5 combined)

Check out his championships (4)

That's all the stats you need to concern yourself with.

Didn't Garnett often play the 3 in all-star games when Dirk and Duncan played the 4 and the 5?

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Still Wear my Timberwolves KG jersey around.. He was my favorite player before Durant. Such a beast and so competitive. You could just see the extreme passion when he got that chip with Boston.. great moment. It will be sad to see him go whenever he decides he's had enough.

Decent college freshman

what a bullcrap rumor lol