Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default BOS Reporter: Kevin Garnett Will Retire

Heard this on ESPN radio a few hours ago, couldn't even tell you which show it was tbh because i was only in the car for a few minutes. I'm guessing Ryan Rucco but I could be wrong.

He had a reporter from Boston on the show talking about the BOS/MIA series and said he's heard from sources within the organization that KG will retire at the end of the season.

He also gave some insight regarding Garnett's knees which was previously unknown. Supposedly it takes Boston's medical staff hours to get his knees ready before game time through massage, and other techniques. It's been arduous for KG to get on the floor this season, but he's been playing like a champion despite it all. However, according to the reporter, this is it for the Big Ticket.
    Last edited by NewYorkNoPicks; 06-09-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Default Re: BOS Reporter: KG Will Retire

That would be a huge blow to the game of basketball. KG is still an amazing player.

If Duncan can play another year or two, I don't see why KG can't do the same.

Saw it on twitter.

Would surprise me considering how well he's playing. Also that he talked about the whole competition thing in the post game interview after game 5. A guy that is driven like that doesn't retire until he's out of gas.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    That would be a huge blow to the game of basketball. KG is still an amazing player.

Agreed. Although I hate boston (i do want them to beat miami though), I've been a KG fan forever. Realy enjoy his old school mentality and trademark intensity.

I added more to my first post about KG's knees that the reporter spoke about as well.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

thats crazy he's still playing at a very high level

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Some players careers just last longer than others. Duncan, I don't think has had any major injuries. KG has had problems with his knees for a few seasons now. Duncan looks like he can play until he's 40.

I'm happy KG goes out this way though if his knees are really bothering him that much. He'll go out with people remembering him as he is which is still capable of putting up 20/10 games.

I wonder what the Celtics do next season. Does Danny Ainge now trade Pierce and Rondo and completely rebuild? Or does he try and rebuild around Pierce and Rondo?

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Saw it on twitter.

Would surprise me considering how well he's playing. Also that he talked about the whole competition thing in the post game interview after game 5. A guy that is driven like that doesn't retire until he's out of gas.
    I forgot about his post game comments. This is kind of strange now. He seemed to really be determined to prove people wrong.

I'm definitely going to enjoy every second he's on the floor tomorrow night. I go back and forth on he and Durant as my favorite players but, regardless, for a good 10-12 years Kevin Garnett was easily my favorite player in the league.

Default Re: BOS Reporter: Kevin Garnett Will Retire

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Some players careers just last longer than others. Duncan, I don't think has had any major injuries. KG has had problems with his knees for a few seasons now. Duncan looks like he can play until he's 40.

I'm happy KG goes out this way though if his knees are really bothering him that much. He'll go out with people remembering him as he is which is still capable of putting up 20/10 games.

I wonder what the Celtics do next season. Does Danny Ainge now trade Pierce and Rondo and completely rebuild? Or does he try and rebuild around Pierce and Rondo?

I forgot about his post game comments. This is kind of strange now. He seemed to really be determined to prove people wrong.
    Duncan has had knee problems as well, pretty much since the last time they won the championship. He has to wear a brace on and off the court. That being said, he did an excellent job in the offseason of losing weight and doing all the right things to stay healthy.

KG still has much more explosiveness and athleticism than Duncan at this point. It would be a shame to see him go.

I guess I'm supposed to compliment him as a player since he's about to retire. He's a douchebag and I've never liked him. As a player he is great, but he is still an ahole.

He should re-sign with the Celtics for much cheaper and the Celtics should try and go out and get a big that can play big minutes so Garnett doesn't have to play so much. He can definitely contribute if his minutes are handled right. Doc Rivers does it right now but the Celtics really don't have that much depth so KG has to play a lot. They need to get a legit C and move Bass to the bench and sign Jeff Green and keep Avery Bradley. The Celtics big 3 can definitely compete if they fix up their roster a little bit and add a C and some more depth. They'll have some good depth with Green, Bradley, Daniels, Dooling and Pietrus.

Tomorrow is gonna be a very special game for every Boston fan.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Tomorrow.. Career vs Hairline.

Duncan has had knee problems as well, pretty much since the last time they won the championship. He has to wear a brace on and off the court. That being said, he did an excellent job in the offseason of losing weight and doing all the right things to stay healthy.

KG still has much more explosiveness and athleticism than Duncan at this point. It would be a shame to see him go.
    But Duncan's game is a little bit different. Duncan is a legit big. KG plays more like a SG/SF so there's a lot more pressure on his knees. I think Duncan's game is much better suited to be able to last longer.

Boston fans and nba fans better admire tomorrows game.