Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2019, 03:11 PM   #16
LAmbruh
Landslide honors
 
LAmbruh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: The Consensus™
Posts: 8,596
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

It's tough being a Kobe stan, they watched their idol get surpassed by Lebron before he even had Finals hardware

As a result they've acted like starving ticks 10+ years to see Lebron get surpassed. Using Curry as a host, using Durant as a host, now using Kawhi as a host. Simple elementary formula, coat tailing the best player on the best team.

The irony of it all is: they still can't comprehend what made Lebron surpass Kobe in the first place.


[SPOILER] Being a better basketball player
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 05:51 PM   #17
StrongLurk
Buzz City
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7,502
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
They outplayed and were beating GS in the games that Klay played so that doesnt make a difference.

Anything else (Durant) iis not only a hypothetical but irrelevant. Beating Curry-Klay-Draymond is a huge feat in itself. We aren't about to qualify a successful run by wondering whether a 4th superstar in Durant would have meant that the Raps would not have won.

I'm not dissing Kawhi's play in the finals, he was very good.

I'm just saying he would not have 2 FMVPS if Durant were healthy. It's also not a knock to lose against the Warriors with Durant.

Durant would be the one with 3 FMVPS and Kawhi would have 1. No one could ever convince me otherwise.

You can't say Durant (best player in the world) missing the finals is irrelevant.
StrongLurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:27 PM   #18
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,923
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
I'm not dissing Kawhi's play in the finals, he was very good.

I'm just saying he would not have 2 FMVPS if Durant were healthy. It's also not a knock to lose against the Warriors with Durant.

Durant would be the one with 3 FMVPS and Kawhi would have 1. No one could ever convince me otherwise.

Most people agree with you that Durant would have his 3rd Finals MVP if he was healthy - that isn't news

But Kawhi still achieved Lebron's 2016 accomplishment by beating the Curry/Klay/Dray warriors..

and that was without Dray getting suspended, and with curry being 100% (30 ppg in 19' versus only 22 in 16')... And plus Durant actually played a quarter in Willis Reed fashion that won Game 5 - it would've been Raps in 5 if Durant doesn't play that game


Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongLurk
I'm not dissing Kawhi's play in the finals, he was very good.

I'm just saying he would not have 2 FMVPS if Durant were healthy. It's also not a knock to lose against the Warriors with Durant.

It is if you give up 36 on 56% to him and have a poor brand of ball that underuses your 26 ppg 3rd option (underachieving super-team)
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:30 PM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 24,264
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

I can understand a Kobe fan not thinking MVPs matter much for ATG rankings but they do. Between the MVPs and the stats there's no argument for Leonard over James career vs. career. He is a better player bow though until/unless James decides to play defense again.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:50 PM   #20
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,923
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I can understand a Kobe fan not thinking MVPs matter much for ATG rankings but they do. Between the MVPs and the stats there's no argument for Leonard over James career vs. career. He is a better player bow though until/unless James decides to play defense again.
It isn't just defense..

Kawhi's offense > Lebron's the same way Mark Price's > Iverson's

Lebron has always needed more help than kawhi because his stats come at the expense of teammates

Kawhi/Wade/Bosh would never lose.... Kawhi/Lowry beat the warriors, so what would Kawhi/Kyrie do?... Lebron simply underachieved with all those guys
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 24,264
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
It isn't just defense..

Kawhi's offense > Lebron's the same way Mark Price's > Iverson's

Lebron has always needed more help than kawhi because his stats come at the expense of teammates

Kawhi/Wade/Bosh would never lose.... Kawhi/Lowry beat the warriors, so what would Kawhi/Kyrie do?... Lebron simply underachieved with all those guys
I have no interest in your idiocy, thanks but no thanks.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:21 PM   #22
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,923
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I have no interest in your idiocy, thanks but no thanks.
I get it - you're a fan and are allowed to believe whatever you want about this professional entertainment

But you're wrong and can't support your position or refute mine.. those are the facts... You prefer the groupthink that's usually wrong and that's fine...

Lebron's westbrooking brand is suboptimal and the only reason he isn't ringless like all the other skill-less ball-dominators is because he team-hopped.. period... Now carry on

Oh, and despite playing in the highest ORtg era ever, and despite playing with 2 elite scorers and elite shooting, lebron's offenses peaked at #26 and #46 all-time... Meanwhile, MJ has goat team ORtg's with much less offensive help... #groupthink
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #23
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 24,264
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
I get it - you're a fan and are allowed to believe whatever you want about this professional entertainment

But you're wrong and can't support your position or refute mine.. those are the facts... You prefer the groupthink that's usually wrong and that's fine...

Lebron's westbrooking brand is suboptimal and the only reason he isn't ringless like all the other skill-less ball-dominators is because he team-hopped.. period... Now carry on

Oh, and despite playing in the highest ORtg era ever, and despite playing with 2 elite scorers and elite shooting, lebron's offenses peaked at #26 and #46 all-time... Meanwhile, MJ has goat team ORtg's with much less offensive help... #groupthink
You're dumb enough to think an argument can't be made for the greatness of a guy that is 4th all time in scoring and always a triple-double threat. You're a fanatical moron on a pointless mission whose primary tactic is to reply ad nauseam with boredom. Not interested.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:42 PM   #24
Turbo Slayer
Local High School Star
 
Turbo Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lebron's Kingdom.
Posts: 1,250
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Kawhi beat an injured Warriors without KD. Yikes. Asterisk ring, dog.
Turbo Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:43 PM   #25
Turbo Slayer
Local High School Star
 
Turbo Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lebron's Kingdom.
Posts: 1,250
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
You're dumb enough to think an argument can't be made for the greatness of a guy that is 4th all time in scoring and always a triple-double threat. You're a fanatical moron on a pointless mission whose primary tactic is to reply ad nauseam with boredom. Not interested.

Turbo Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:45 PM   #26
sdot_thadon
truth serum
 
sdot_thadon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,254
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
You're dumb enough to think an argument can't be made for the greatness of a guy that is 4th all time in scoring and always a triple-double threat. You're a fanatical moron on a pointless mission whose primary tactic is to reply ad nauseam with boredom. Not interested.
sdot_thadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:48 PM   #27
3ball
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
3ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 22,923
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
You're dumb enough to think an argument can't be made for the greatness of a guy that is 4th all time in scoring and always a triple-double threat. You're a fanatical moron on a pointless mission whose primary tactic is to reply ad nauseam with boredom. Not interested.
Karl Malone is 2nd all-time in scoring and always a 20/10 threat

So better than Lebron by your logic

But zero rings because no team-hopping and he faced MJ instead of Dirk or Duncan.

Lebron's team-hopping camouflaged an otherwise normally-losing cp3-westbrooking style
3ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:52 PM   #28
Turbo Slayer
Local High School Star
 
Turbo Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lebron's Kingdom.
Posts: 1,250
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
Karl Malone is 2nd all-time in scoring and always a 20/10 threat

So better than Lebron by your logic

But zero rings because no team-hopping and he faced MJ instead of Dirk or Duncan.

Lebron's team-hopping camouflaged an otherwise normally-losing cp3-westbrooking style

Malone better than Lebron??? you smoking something???
Turbo Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:53 PM   #29
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted
 
bigkingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship*
Posts: 21,130
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball
But zero rings because no team-hopping
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #30
Turbo Slayer
Local High School Star
 
Turbo Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Lebron's Kingdom.
Posts: 1,250
Default Re: If Kawhi beats LeBron AGAIN this year and wins his 3rd Championship..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ball

But zero rings because no team-hopping and he faced MJ instead of Dirk or Duncan.

Team-hopping? Last time I recall Malone was with Kobe Bryant. STACKED.
Turbo Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:02 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube














Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy