Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2019, 04:20 PM   #16
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 20,203
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

that's my response


red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:25 PM   #17
Manny98
LeGOAT
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: In your head
Posts: 10,556
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 04:41 PM   #18
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 24,539
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
They lost Danny Green as well.

.

Which isn't a big loss, at all.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:08 PM   #19
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 20,203
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny98
what it do BAY-BEE


red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:53 PM   #20
Manny98
LeGOAT
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: In your head
Posts: 10,556
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #21
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 20,203
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

baby b0i said magic in rd1. said nets over sixers rd1


you ok man?
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 09:01 PM   #22
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 20,203
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?




red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 10:39 PM   #23
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,796
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Lost Kawhi and Green with no replacements coming in, looks like a 8th seed to me or maybe wonít make the playoffs.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:49 AM   #24
brooks_thompson
College superstar
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,401
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

They’ll make the playoffs with a good but not guaranteed chance of 1st round home court.

I can’t help but feel Ujiri took the summer off. I know they’re lux taxed out, but if you’re gonna lose Kawhi and let Green walk, you’ve gotta find a way to bring your boys in a little firepower on the wing to give them some hope for a strong title defense. Hollis-Jefferson and Stan Johnson are not that firepower.

I’d feel a little bummed if I was Lowry...kinda like my GM left when Kawhi did. Ujiri pretty much bailed on a very strong core. Your job doesn’t end when you win a title. As much as it may seem like the end all, it only lasts for a few months and it’s on to the next.

Last edited by brooks_thompson : 10-01-2019 at 05:54 AM.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:03 AM   #25
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,195
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
They’ll make the playoffs with a good but not guaranteed chance of 1st round home court.

I can’t help but feel Ujiri took the summer off. I know they’re lux taxed out, but if you’re gonna lose Kawhi and let Green walk, you’ve gotta find a way to bring your boys in a little firepower on the wing to give them some hope for a strong title defense. Hollis-Jefferson and Stan Johnson are not that firepower.

I’d feel a little bummed if I was Lowry...kinda like my GM left when Kawhi did. Ujiri pretty much bailed on a very strong core. Your job doesn’t end when you win a title. As much as it may seem like the end all, it only lasts for a few months and it’s on to the next.
I think it's part of his plan.
Gasol, Lowry and Ibaka are expirers (and old), I bet he believes having a "bad" season (first round exit) makes up for making it easier to rebuild during the summer.
And I'm sure he'd trade any of those three during the season for the right price.

81 million of expirers is a lot.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:15 AM   #26
brooks_thompson
College superstar
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,401
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
I think it's part of his plan.
Gasol, Lowry and Ibaka are expirers (and old), I bet he believes having a "bad" season (first round exit) makes up for making it easier to rebuild during the summer.
And I'm sure he'd trade any of those three during the season for the right price.

81 million of expirers is a lot.

I just donít think he can get much for any of them. The Clippers could obviously use either Lowry or Gasol (both really, but even one is a long shot), but they and a lot of the contenders are straight out of picks.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:04 AM   #27
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere
 
chains5000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bilbao
Posts: 8,195
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
I just donít think he can get much for any of them. The Clippers could obviously use either Lowry or Gasol (both really, but even one is a long shot), but they and a lot of the contenders are straight out of picks.
Worst case, they got a lot of cap space next summer.
Maybe they want to be ready for resigning DeRozan?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:19 AM   #28
brooks_thompson
College superstar
 
brooks_thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,401
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Worst case, they got a lot of cap space next summer.
Maybe they want to be ready for resigning DeRozan?

That would be so cruel. Iíd love it.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:21 AM   #29
coin24
NBA Superstar
 
coin24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,958
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Won't make the playoffs. Fire sale by the deadline
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 09:30 AM   #30
Manny98
LeGOAT
 
Manny98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: In your head
Posts: 10,556
Default Re: How good can the Raptors be this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1



Imagine celebrating beating a crippled team

Craptor fans are a joke no one takes them seriously even after winning a championship
Manny98 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy