Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 08-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default World Cup - Mitchell, Gobert and Ingles

Go USA!
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:59 AM   #2
Xiao Yao You

Default Re: World Cup - Mitchell, Gobert and Ingles

Ingles didn't look very good tonight. Mitchell's mid range game has looked great. Looks bigger too.
Old 08-23-2019, 10:36 AM   #3
Xiao Yao You

https://thejnotes.com/2019/08/22/uta...-vs-australia/

Quote:
As exciting as Utah’s offseason additions were, such as Mike Conley and Bojan Bogdanovic, Jazz fans remain well aware that their ultimate ceiling depends largely on Mitchell’s growth and improvement. Mitchell showed massive strides in the latter half of year two as a pro, and is expected to really take a leap in his third season.

Comes down to the coach, front office and the end of the roster. Mitchell and Gobert will be great because they finally have guys that fit around them
Old 08-23-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
Xiao Yao You

https://hoopshabit.com/2019/08/22/ut...eason-2019-20/

Quote:
Those moves will most likely result in Bradley becoming the third-string center. Any injuries to Gobert or Davis will open up a chance for Bradley to showcase his skills.

only have 3 centers so I think he is 3rd

Quote:
He’ll have virtually no competition for the backup point guard spot aside from Dante Exum (when he’s healthy), but even they can play together at the point guard and shooting guard if need be.

Mitchell and Ingles
Old 08-24-2019, 01:43 PM   #5
Xiao Yao You

France came back from a 16-point deficit to beat New Zealand 95 – 81 in its first preparation game in China, ahead of the World Cup. Nando De Colo scored 19 points while Frank Ntilikina and Rudy Gobert added 12 points apiece for the French side. Corey Webster contributed 11 points, Tohi Smith-Milner 11 and Tom Abercrombie 10 to New Zealand. – via EuroHoops.net
Old 08-27-2019, 05:01 PM   #6
Xiao Yao You

Quote:
Australian basketball star Dante Exum is tentatively eyeing off a Boomers return at the 2020 Olympics. As Andrej Lemanis’ side prepare for their World Cup opener against Canada on Sunday, the Utah Jazz guard is pushing for a return to full fitness for the start of the NBA season. – via 7NEWS.com.au

The 24-year-old says he’s spoken to the Jazz about his desire to continue playing for the national team and he has hatched early plans to be part of the Boomers’ Olympic campaign in Tokyo. “I just want to get a healthy season, that’s my main focus for now,” Exum told reporters in Sydney on Tuesday. “But granted, if I’m 100 per cent healthy, I’ll definitely put my hand up.” – via 7NEWS.com.au

Exum admits it’s been a “long summer” of rehabilitation but he’s ready to reward the Jazz’s patience. “I feel like I’ve had the ability to make an impact on this team,” he said. “The Jazz wouldn’t keep me around if they didn’t think so. They know my abilities and they’ve seen it when I practice and in my work ethic. It’s just about getting back on the court.” – via 7NEWS.com.au

practice
Old 08-28-2019, 12:51 AM   #7
Xiao Yao You

“For me, the biggest thing is just to get back to my roots. The biggest thing is to elevate my defense, to get back to what got me drafted,” Mitchell told The Salt Lake Tribune after defeating Canada in the USA’s final pre-World Cup exhibition game. “I think that’s one thing I’ve prided myself on, and I think (USA head coach Gregg Popovich) has really put that in my head as well.” – via Salt Lake Tribune

Far surpassing his own expectations, he was named as a co-captain of this World Cup squad, and while the role surprised him, he’s tried to take it head on, applying the lessons to his leadership of the Jazz, even as a third-year player. “Whether it’s vocally, off the floor in the hotel room with the guys, or on the floor, I’m just trying to find ways to become a leader,” Mitchell said. “Being a captain of the team, it allows me to try to improve my leadership skills. It’s a big year coming up, and I think those will be really evident in this upcoming year.” – via Salt Lake Tribune

And the Jazz’s big additions this year, in the form of Mike Conley and Bojan Bogdanovic, will only help Mitchell’s life on the offensive end, opening him up to 100% effort on defense, too. “I’m excited. The biggest thing is spacing on the floor, guys who can create and knock shots down. Bogey, who shoots damn near 40%, Mike can get into the paint, hits about 36% from 3, that opens up a lot,” Mitchell said. “And being able to play off each other, that’s something that will be really huge for me.” – via Salt Lake Tribune
Old 08-28-2019, 12:52 AM   #8
Xiao Yao You

“I think we have a great team,” Exum said. “And it’s not just on paper; everyone’s good all round. I think everyone’s a good person, and is gonna gel well together. I’ve already worked out with Mike Conley and Mudiay, and it’s all guys that wanna work and get better, and we’re all team guys. As long as we’re winning, everyone’s happy. I think, whenever you have that type of mentality on an NBA team, it’s the best thing.” – via FOXSports.com

“Coming in, I was adamant about being a point guard, and I still am, I still want to be, but I’m fighting for minutes,” Exum said. “I want minutes. I think, for me going forward, the best thing is just being on the court. Our offence has developed into a, whoever gets the rebound or outlet, just run. I’m really good in transition, running the floor and with the ball, so wherever I can get it, it works for me.” – via FOXSports.com

“I actually have a great relationship with Quin,” Exum said. “He hates when I call him Quin; coach. In the first couple of years, he was definitely the hardest on me. There’s a story me and Joe like to tell: it was, one time Joe made a mistake in practice and coach just ripped me for it, and even Joe went to coach and said ‘hey, it was my fault’, but coach still just ripped me. I’ve kind of learned how he coaches, and what he expects. He’s just a coach that wants the best for all his players, and wants to get the best out of me. I want that, too, so I respect it.” – via FOXSports.com
Old 08-28-2019, 12:53 AM   #9
Xiao Yao You

Fournier and Nicolas Batum will be in charge of scoring, and Rudy Gobert leads a strong and physical frontcourt for Les Bleus. – via FIBA
Old 08-29-2019, 12:54 PM   #10
Xiao Yao You

https://thejnotes.com/2019/08/28/uta...jersey-number/

Quote:
Kidd taking that number significantly lowers the chances of that number being retired, unless Favors returns for a second stint with the team. Which definitely could happen in the future. Utah loves Favors and Favors loves Utah.

good! It should be reserved for stars not longevity

Quote:
Kidd’s battle to make the team will begin very soon. He’ll be fighting for the 15th roster spot with guys like William Howard, Juwan Morgan and Trevon Bluiett. Kidd and Howard have higher guarantees, and are the likely two that the final roster spot will come down to.

Bluett has some NBA experience so don't count him out. Morgan might make sense too because he might be able to play some 5 where they are most thin
Old 09-01-2019, 11:20 AM   #11
Xiao Yao You

Two nations that know each other very well after their multiple games in the preparation period clashed in the city of Dongguan, as Australia beat Canada with a 108-92 victory in the FIBA World Cup Group H opener. Despite a shaky start in the second half, Boomers had an incredible Matthew Dellavedova taking charge, with 24 points (with 6/10 from the three-point line), five assists and three rebounds, as Australia made an impressive run (35-12) in the final period. – via EuroHoops.net

Donatas Urbonas: Nick Nurse on Canada L in FIBA WC opener vs Australia: „To get out of this group, you have to play an extraordinary basketball. And we had some extraordinary moments tonight.“ Nurse added this L put them in do or die situation for the upcoming game vs Lithuania. – via Twitter Urbodo
Old 09-01-2019, 11:44 AM   #12
Xiao Yao You

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...nada-Australia
Old 09-01-2019, 11:47 AM   #13
Xiao Yao You

http://www.fiba.basketball/basketbal...France-Germany
Old 09-01-2019, 12:34 PM   #14
Xiao Yao You

https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...remendous-Ways
Old 09-02-2019, 04:46 AM   #15
Xiao Yao You

Rudy Gobert revealed via post on Twitter the he received an early wake up call from FIBA the morning after France’s opening FIBA 2019 FIBA World Cup contest for a doping control. The 27-year-old center of the Utah Jazz was upset underlining that the player’s recovery time should be respected. – via EuroHoops.net

“Got woke up this morning for a doping control, blood and urine, the morning after a late game when i could sleep more” Gobert noted. “No respect for the player’s recovery time. Terrible way of doing things FIBA.” – via EuroHoops.net
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: