Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 09-14-2019, 06:43 PM   #451
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Off-season - Post Conley trade

Mark Giannotto: Mike Conley, when asked if he’ll get drunk in the championship parade like Marc Gasol did this year, should Utah win a NBA title: “I guarantee I will.” – via Twitter mgiannotto
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:41 PM   #452
Xiao Yao You
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Off-season - Post Conley trade

Conley spent 12 seasons with the Grizzlies, more than a third of his life, and so “this is still home,” the 31-year-old said. “It’s all I know.” Still, he arrived in Memphis for the first time since being traded to the Utah Jazz in June, and even the flight Thursday night felt strange. He went to the house he still owns here, where half the furniture has already been moved to Utah and thought, “this doesn’t even feel like my home anymore.” – via Memphis Commercial Appeal

“Not a lot of players get that connection with the team or the organization. Like I really did care about how the team would fare after I left if I got traded, who they got in the trade,” Conley said. “It was almost like I was negotiating the deal for them, like make sure you get this, that and the other because you want to have more picks or more people, and I’m just thrilled to see the guys they got. They got a heck of a future in front of them because of the trades they were able to make for Marc, or myself, or Chandler (Parsons), and just really turned it over well.” – via Memphis Commercial Appeal

They were talking about his decision to switch to No. 10 with the Jazz, instead of wearing the No. 11 he had throughout his Grizzlies career. That number, like Conley, ultimately belongs to Memphis. “If I ever play (for) Memphis again, that’s the number I’ll wear,” said Conley, whose first game in Memphis with the Jazz will be Nov. 15. “I’m not wearing it anywhere else.” – via Memphis Commercial Appeal
Xiao Yao You is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: