Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jazz alumni Ron Boone and Mark Eaton in consideration for Hall of Fame

The Basketball Hall of Fame recently announced that former Jazz players Ron Boone and Mark Eaton are among eligible candidates named as first-time nominees to make the Hall.

This would be for the Class of 2019.

This doesn't mean they're definitely making it. But they are under consideration.

Boone is in the "direct-elect" category of nomination. He played the most consecutive games of any player in the history of professional basketball

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Jazz alumni Ron Boone and Mark Eaton in consideration for Hall of Fame

I made like 3/4ths of a Mark Eaton video once then stopped. ISH wasnt and isnt ready to acknowledge the worth of a player like that. Not these days.

I didnt feel like a long thing on how he couldnt be played in the modern league and how that is a more fair way of judging him than acknowledging that many players today couldnt play the way they do now in his time either.

Wasnt a battle worth fighting.

Default Re: Jazz alumni Ron Boone and Mark Eaton in consideration for Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I made like 3/4ths of a Mark Eaton video once then stopped. ISH wasnt and isnt ready to acknowledge the worth of a player like that. Not these days.

I didnt feel like a long thing on how he couldnt be played in the modern league and how that is a more fair way of judging him than acknowledging that many players today couldnt play the way they do now in his time either.

Wasnt a battle worth fighting.

I was pretty sure it would spark a Roy Hibbert thing.

if you make it, I can and would send the link directly to Mark Eaton himself. He'd probably share it. Could also share it with several Jazz front office people. And some Jazz blogs.

Quote Originally Posted by insidehoops
    if you make it, I can and would send the link directly to Mark Eaton himself. He'd probably share it. Could also share it with several Jazz front office people. And some Jazz blogs.
    Kblaze could be a Bill Simmons level writer/journalist if you gave him the platform...*hint*

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Eaton was a joke! The Jazz played 4 on 5 at the offensive end with Eaton standing near mid court so he could get back and put his hands up in the air on D. A clueless stiff! Kind of like the offense the run now with no one guarding Ricky or Dante.

Im better than Bill Simmons but my pop culture references wouldnt be as widely understood. My articles would feature Z-Ro references and talk of people emerging from the crack smoke. I cant write disney accepted content and be myself.

Im better than Bill Simmons but my pop culture references wouldnt be as widely understood. My articles would feature Z-Ro references and talk of people emerging from the crack smoke. I cant write disney accepted content and be myself.
    This is 2019, you could get away with not being Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Eaton was a joke! The Jazz played 4 on 5 at the offensive end with Eaton standing near mid court so he could get back and put his hands up in the air on D. A clueless stiff! Kind of like the offense the run now with no one guarding Ricky or Dante.

Straight up pick and pop stretch big + DPOY.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

They were good players, Eaton is one of the greatest shot blockers EVER. But they both don't deserve to be in the HoF. The HoF is for the creme de la creme. Only a few guys should be in the Hall.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Straight up pick and pop stretch big + DPOY.

Probably the one time he hit something other than a dunk or his lefty hook which he shot at a 45% clip

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    This is 2019, you could get away with not being Disney.

I just feel like if I wanted to put out an article on nothing but how Jamario Moon used to emerge from the crack smoke twice a week:

stun the world...then go back to not mattering....id get an email saying there were advertising/shareholder considerations and I couldnt.

You're thinking small. Real small.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=240156

People don't stick to one topic these days.

You know who Jemele Hill is?

Look her up and her career and then look up her current employer and see what they cover.

Look at guys who write, go on tv, podcast etc.

You telling me you couldn't do a Joe Rogan-esque podcast?

Im sure I could. Ive been asked to do a couple but I never respond. I hate how sports talk is done. Just 12 different panels/duos and like 3 big individuals talking about the same 5 subjects reacting to eachothers takes.

The only sports show I could do would have to be me and my 3 best friends talking like we always do about nostalgic issues, current events, and life in general. All we would do is talk about Dana Barros and Robert Pack, which current players are bitches and which are cut from our(80s/90s) cloth, and how Kevin Durant needs to brush his hair and stop being sensitive....and which of the two things he needs to do most urgently(probably...brush his hair).

I could write a book called something like "What the internet thinks about basketball" lampooning all the obsessed and largely know nothing fans the internet has brought to my attention the last 20 years. It would be funny to me(the only thing id care about) and then sell 28 copies in kindle form on amazon.