Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Default Andrew Bynum sucks!

7 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 2-6 shooting on a night where our 3 best players and scorers are out and we needed him to step up.

Andrew Bogut who was being guarded by Bynum most of the time had 22/6/5 with a steal and a block on 10-12 shooting.

This kid will never amount to anything special, it's best to trade him now for an established star before other teams realize how terrible he is and his trade value goes down. I wish we would have traded him for Kidd.

He's weak, lazy, has a poor work ethic, unathletic, jumps 10 inches, has a low basketball IQ, gets pushed around in the paint, tries to block every shot and ends up in foul trouble, he's not a good man to man defender and might be one of the worst rebounders in the league considering he's 7'1, 285 lbs. Even Kwame Brown is better than him, I want him gone!!!

Default Re: Andrew Bynum sucks!

That's pretty harsh considering he's only 19 and he's only in his 2nd year in the league. Keep in mind the guy got 0 PT last year. Young players have nights when they play extremely well and then nights where they dissappear. Before Kevin Martin broke out this year he had a few of those games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BradMiller52
    That's pretty harsh considering he's only 19 and he's only in his 2nd year in the league. Keep in mind the guy got 0 PT last year. Young players have nights when they play extremely well and then nights where they dissappear. Before Kevin Martin broke out this year he had a few of those games last year.
    Yes but I'm not seeing much potential in him, it really isn't a few bad games here and there. The last really good game was on opening night against the Suns, he just does not have "it." It would be wise for the Lakers to trade him first chance they get before he plays another year or two and then they realize that he hasn't made any strides forward. At that point it would be too late to trade him and get good value back. Also look at Amare Stoudemire and Dwight Howard, these guys were doing it in their rookie year, you could tell that they would be perennial all-stars. I'm not saying I expected Bynum to be that good but he needs to show us more than this, him being untouchable is ridiculous. What are they going to do, waste Kobe's prime for a kid that will never amount to anything? And if he does (yea right) Kobe will already be out of his prime.

Dunking on everybody in the park Spike Spiegel's Avatar

Should've made the Kidd trade.

He is young, he shows glimpses of being great and then falls off big time, it's almost like any young player...

Quote Originally Posted by brwnman
    He is young, he shows glimpses of being great and then falls off big time, it's almost like any young player...
    It's just that not all young players have Laker fans that exhault them to "potential HOF" status at age 19 after a handful of impressive games.

rank sentamentalist

Eh, I'd trade him + picks/filler for Kidd, or Pau, if it could land them. Wouldn't give up both him and Odom though, unless it got us KG.

And he's not going to play well every night. He's young, inexperienced, and just not very smart. But with some of the flashes he's shown this year, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

And you and sizzle are both emotional roller coasters. Seriously. Mildly entertaining actually. :)

And yeah, Bogut > Bynum now with absolute ease. Hell, you could probably throw in an extra > in there. But I wouldn't trade Bynum for Bogut right now. The fact remains that it's much harder to find a "Bynum" than it is to find a "Bogut". One is a face up player with some nice skill, great smarts, and a nice upside. There are quite a few of those. On the other side, you have a massive (245lbs vs 285 lbs) back to the basket player who has shown flashes of a player with an array of jumphooks, baby jumpers, and dropsteps, with great touch around the basket. You also have a HUGE shotblocking disparity between the two players in favour of Bynum, who has shown the ability to create at least a little bit of intimadation around the basket that LA sorely needs. What it really comes down to is the fact that you can teach smarts and postmoves a lot better than you can teach 40lbs. And those 40lbs play a damn big role in my mind.

Could have had Kidd wit Kobe in the backcourt. This is one game, When Bynum has a dominant game we will have many threads.

Give the Kid some time he's only 19.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
    Should've made the Kidd trade.

Bynum will probably be a solid NBA center...HOF?????....I doubt it, and I'm the biggest Laker fan on earth....

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    A post I had a week ago:

And I still wouldnt give him for Kidd, not because Kidd isnt worth it, but because he could be a major piece in getting someone like Pau or KG
    Well, I'd have to agree that if the Lakers have that chance then yeah I would've held onto him too.

But what are the chances like? I haven't really heard much about Pau or KG to the Lakers...

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
    It's just that not all young players have Laker fans that exhault them to "potential HOF" status at age 19 after a handful of impressive games.
    I bet you that majority of the Lakers' fans did not say he is a potential HOF, rather there were only a few; maybe 1 or 2 and you're juss speaking from that...

Trade for Kidd and you're down a big man. Who is Kidd passing too again? When was Kidd an offensive force? DPOY? Kidd saw his team lose to the Sixers. Up by 17. Kidd is watching the Nets struggle to win games and cut a lead by the Raptors. Sorry i dont see how Kidd makes that much of a difference. You only make the trade if Kidd impacts and improved the Lakers by a significasnt margin.

Bynum is a kid. You're asking a kid who plays a position where he needs to develop and learn to be effiective like most big men in the NBA to be a beast. He's not ready yet...takes time. You're not being realistic with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Eh, I'd trade him + picks/filler for Kidd, or Pau, if it could land them. Wouldn't give up both him and Odom though, unless it got us KG.

And he's not going to play well every night. He's young, inexperienced, and just not very smart. But with some of the flashes he's shown this year, I'm not ready to give up on him just yet.

And you and sizzle are both emotional roller coasters. Seriously. Mildly entertaining actually. :)

And yeah, Bogut > Bynum now with absolute ease. Hell, you could probably throw in an extra > in there. But I wouldn't trade Bynum for Bogut right now. The fact remains that it's much harder to find a "Bynum" than it is to find a "Bogut". One is a face up player with some nice skill, great smarts, and a nice upside. There are quite a few of those. On the other side, you have a massive (245lbs vs 285 lbs) back to the basket player who has shown flashes of a player with an array of jumphooks, baby jumpers, and dropsteps, with great touch around the basket. You also have a HUGE shotblocking disparity between the two players in favour of Bynum, who has shown the ability to create at least a little bit of intimadation around the basket that LA sorely needs. What it really comes down to is the fact that you can teach smarts and postmoves a lot better than you can teach 40lbs. And those 40lbs play a damn big role in my mind.
    The problemI have with that is, even with the flashes he shows, as longas he plays like he can only understand concepts at a 4th grade level, that potential will lead to nothing. I prefer smart, polished players as opposed to dumb players with raw potential, I guess.

And that Myspace he had shows no sense of intelligence to me. That, and him coming forth with all the public *****ing about wanting to be in the starting lineup. Your coach is Phil friggin' Jackson. He knows what's better for you than you do, Bynum.

Again, this isn't about tonight's game, merely used this game as an example. He's been horrible for the past few months and it seems to get worse with every game, he needs to be pulled out of the starting line-up.