Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Are there actually people who think Paul George is currenly better than Kyrie

I'd say yes he is. Kyrie stepped his game up in the playoffs to superstar level or at least borderline superstar, but that doesn't mean much when George was much better in the regular season and is accustomed to stepping up in the postseason himself.

Default Re: Are there actually people who think Paul George is currenly better than Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Now lets get an answer from guys who graduated high school
    Okay, so f*ck off.

kyrie's close to someone like jimmy butler. George is obviously more valuable and gets kawhi comparisons who's top 5 ish.

Shit thread from a shit poster.
    Lebron has raped these trolls' minds.

5-time NBA All-Star

Paul George is one of a few players that can carry a team. There's usually only two or three players capable of doing that. But I like Kyrie's exciting game.

NBA All-star

while there may be many coaches who could have come close to the same success coach John Wooden had, if only they were able to attract the same amount of talented players who played for coach Wooden

However, Coach Wooden understood the importance of discipline first and foremost, as well as showing players how to balance out what two opposing teams are trying to accomplish on a basketball court

this of course, is from little of what I've read and heard, as I attempt to interpret a winner from a retro-perspective.

Kyrie and Curry have visually, and skillfully the sexiest games in the league. Most exciting two to watch by far offensively. But Kyrie is in no shape or form a better player than George. PG13 is too important defensively to even take this conversation seriously, let alone his versatility, meanwhile there not even being any true separation in terms of offensive production.

If Cavs trade PG for Kyrie straight up ... Tell me Cleveland doesn't look more frightening?

G- JR Smith
    G- PG13
    F- LeBron
    F- Love
    C- Thompson

With James running the offense as Point Forward? My god. That shooting. That length. That athleticism. That defense. Scary.

George was the 2nd best player on Team USA this summer, on a roster that featured Irving. I say that and I love watching Kyrie.

Pretty sure everyone outside of Cleveland would take Paul George. He's an elite two-way wing player. Kyrie is a fantastic offensive PG, but offensive PG's are a dime a dozen in the NBA.

OP being a prisoner of the moment. PG > Kyrie. Stay in shock.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

paul george is clearly better overall , but kyrie is capable of peaking at a similar or even slightly higher level.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greatest-ever
    I'd say yes he is. Kyrie stepped his game up in the playoffs to superstar level or at least borderline superstar, but that doesn't mean much when George was much better in the regular season and is accustomed to stepping up in the postseason himself.
    It means everything, actually. It meant a championship.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    If Cavs trade PG for Kyrie straight up ... Tell me Cleveland doesn't look more frightening?

G- JR Smith
    G- PG13
    F- LeBron
    F- Love
    C- Thompson

With James running the offense as Point Forward? My god. That shooting. That length. That athleticism. That defense. Scary.

George was the 2nd best player on Team USA this summer, on a roster that featured Irving. I say that and I love watching Kyrie.
    ...and Irving was THE BEST player on the 2014 FIBA team that featured Steph Curry, James Harden and Anthony Davis.

All those things mean is that the rosters were more adequately built around Kyrie's skillset, whereas this best Olympic team's roster was built for a player like George to shine.

Btw, early on when the team was struggling this Olympics, Kyrie helped will the team to victory a couple times. Let's not act like he had a poor showing.

Well Kyrie's scoring ability offensively ... Particularly shooting compliment LeBron's offensive weakness perfectly.

Along with his weaknesses in terms of intangibles (fear of failure) where Kyrie's huge balls is never scared of the big moment shots.

With that said Irving usually, apart from his effort on Curry, is usually horrendous defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    ...and Irving was THE BEST player on the 2014 FIBA team that featured Steph Curry, James Harden and Anthony Davis.
    I don't think that's true at all. He was shooting the hottest towards the home stretch of the tournament. The games were never really all that competitive.

AD and Harden were still probably their best players for the duration of the tournament.

If you would honestly take Kyrie over AD or Harden, I think you'd be on some Cleveland specific area basketball bath salts.

He's not a better player than either of those guys.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    If you would honestly take Kyrie over AD or Harden, I think you'd be on some Cleveland specific area basketball bath salts.

kyrie was the momentum generator on that team w/ his streak scoring.. basically blew the most important games open at the starts.