Local High School Star Dr Seuss's Avatar

Default You're a top 5 player at your position and you join a lebron led team

How far down the rankings in your position are you expected to fall?

Love went from a talked about top 3-5 PF before CLE to a not even top 10 PF.
    Bosh went down a similar path during his first contract with MIA. from top 3-5 PF in TOR to out of the top 10 per fair weather heat fans.

Wade also suffered a drop in the illustrious ISH rankings during that time.

but all of this is just a coincidence, amirite?

NBA Superstar

Default Re: You're a top 5 player at your position and you join a lebron led team

Depends on how well, or poorly, you play

Default Re: You're a top 5 player at your position and you join a lebron led team

Sacrifice stats for wins and a better chance at the title.

I won a championship last season in my rec league. I am the 5th option basically 3 and D. We were missing our 3 best players and suddenly I became the 2nd option. I put up points as did the guy who slid in as the 1st option but we got REKT. It's as simple as that.

Love and Bosh were not capable of being 1st options on title contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Sacrifice stats for wins and a better chance at the title.

I won a championship last season in my rec league. I am the 5th option basically 3 and D. We were missing our 3 best players and suddenly I became the 2nd option. I put up points as did the guy who slid in as the 1st option but we got REKT. It's as simple as that.

Love and Bosh were not capable of being 1st options on title contenders.
    And that's the thread

Very good NBA starter

Lebron lifts role players, that much can't be denied. Lebron also lowers star players significantly.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    Lebron lifts role players, that much can't be denied. Lebron also lowers star players significantly.
    So did Isiah.

Yeah and Love never won a title

Honestly, do you people bitching about how Lebron "marginalizes" Love's game, actually watch Kevin Love play?

He got like 14 shots last night and shot so poorly. He misses wide open 3's. He misses point blank layups. He gets dominated constantly by his matchup and looks helpless defensively. He gets plenty of post touches and has never made a strong move once since he joined. He's just weak and needs to play better. That's the reason for his decline.

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

^^

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot

Honestly, do you people bitching about how Lebron "marginalizes" Love's game, actually watch Kevin Love play?

He got like 14 shots last night and shot so poorly. He misses wide open 3's. He misses point blank layups. He gets dominated constantly by his matchup and looks helpless defensively. He gets plenty of post touches and has never made a strong move once since he joined. He's just weak and needs to play better. That's the reason for his decline.
    I can tell a lot of people never watched Love play in Minnesota and neither did Lebron.

Love is a low post player and has a very high efficency on post-ups. As important he is an excellent passer, one of the best for his position, either from the low post or the high post.

Love needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He is not Ryan Anderson with better rebounding.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot

Karma made him miss.

College superstar

It appears to me that Kyrie's game has a more adverse effect on Love than Lebron's does.

Decent playground baller

If I'm a top 5 player at my position I try to join Popavich and the Spurs to become a top 2-3 player at my position but with limited minutes extending my career.

In Minnesota, Love got to run offense from the high post and played with the most pass-first pg in the league.

In Cleveland, Love gets to spot up and has a few low post touches per game. He plays with the biggest ballhog at BOTH the PG and SF position.

Obviously he won't look as good....

Put him on this Wizards squad. The team would not have the most talent in the East, but Love would function amazingly well next to Wall/Beal/Gortat

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    I can tell a lot of people never watched Love play in Minnesota and neither did Lebron.

Love is a low post player and has a very high efficency on post-ups. As important he is an excellent passer, one of the best for his position, either from the low post or the high post.

Love needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He is not Ryan Anderson with better rebounding.
    He's been getting the ball in the post. He just hasn't been effective and for some reason nobody here wants to give him some sort of responsibility.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    In Minnesota, Love got to run offense from the high post and played with the most pass-first pg in the league.

In Cleveland, Love gets to spot up and has a few low post touches per game. He plays with the biggest ballhog at BOTH the PG and SF position.

Obviously he won't look as good....

Put him on this Wizards squad. The team would not have the most talent in the East, but Love would function amazingly well next to Wall/Beal/Gortat
    Okay, he can be a good passer, sure

But the guy can't score for shit now. Like its not like he's even shooting contested jumpers, it's wide open. On top of that, they iso him on the low post and he can't do anything if he doesn't draw a foul