Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can we be honest concerning Kobe vs LeBron?

Gasol Bynum Odom>>>>>>>>> Shaq Jamison Verajao

This is obviously the difference when Kobe is struggling his teamates can pick him up especially Fisher in game 3 does anyone thing Mo or West could have done that?

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    The last 3 seasons we've been fortunate enough to see LeBron and Kobe go up against the same team in the playoffs. Boston in '08, Orlando in '09 and Boston in '10. And I have come out feeling better about LeBron in this rivalry every time.

This is why I made no sweeping statements over LeBron vs. Kobe after Boston ousted LeBron while Kobe was beasting against Utah. Even though "this is why Kobe > LeBron" articles were all over the net after Game 5, but I KNEW the difference between facing 2 teams(Utah and Phx) that are every perimeter stars' dream opponent versus facing one of the 5 greatest defensive teams in NBA history.

If LeBron had put together the 4 game stretch Kobe has in these Finals so far, Boston would've swept Cleveland. The only 2 games Cleveland even won in that series featured spectacular games from LeBron. The other 4 games weren't even all that competitive in the 4th qtr. Heck, 2 of the losses weren't even competitive from 2nd qtr onwards. If LeBron was off, forget winning, Cleveland didn't even have a shot at playing a close game. It just goes to show you the difference in talent, defense and coaching between the 2 teams.
    very well said. the lakers just won a game with kobe going 10-29 and 1-5 in the 4th qtr against the celtics.

by the way. lebron is actually the best closer in the game. the numbers and these playoffs prove it. funny how nobody on espn or nbatv is even bringing up how bad kobe has been in the 4th qtr this series....just dreadful.

have to give the media credit...they will run with that "kobe is the best closer" line no matter what happens.

LeBron is a f*cking disgrace. He has no heart, no will, no jumpshot. I'd choose Kobe any day of the week. This is coming from someone who despises the Lakers.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    *Yawn*

Same f*cking topic over and over and over again. At what point will you get bored of talking about this? That's the biggest question on my mind. Will it ever get old for you trolls? I think not.
    You know what, in my initial post, I presented a detailed, thought out opinion for discussion. But you, either because you're bitter about tonight's game still or just an overall Bryant homer to come in and call me a "troll". A troll to me is someone like yourself who clicks on a reasonable topic, and provides no argument, just whining.

If you didn't like the topic, you could just IGNORE it. But, being the Bryant homer you are, you had to come in and give your opinion, even if added nothing to the discussion. I knew it would happen, it's ISH after all, but from now on I'm only going to respond to those interested in having a reasonble debate.

It's called denial. Mentally weak people have lots of it because they can't accept facts that make them feel uncomfortable. Losing an argument, being wrong makes them feel uncomfortable.

Amil23
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by w00terz
    LeBron is a f*cking disgrace. He has no heart, no will, no jumpshot. I'd choose Kobe any day of the week. This is coming from someone who lives in southern california.
    fixed

hi inside hoops,

stats only tell half the story

sincerely, hito da god

p.s. that's all i care to say at this point..... watch the games and tell me lebron has performed better than kobe against the celtics. i'd liken you to a frat boy with beer goggles on.......

LeBron is a f*cking disgrace. He has no heart, no will, no jumpshot. I'd choose Kobe any day of the week. This is coming from someone who despises the Lakers.

Someone who lives in Southern California choosing Kobe over LeBron gee whiz he has to be objective

Wow, that's a reasonable counter argument to everything I wrote. I never considered that. I take back everything I originally said.

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

so you are going to throw out all of lebron's great play and legendary performances because of one bad 2 game stretch against a much much better team with no help?

kobe has played with no heart far more times than lebron ever has. damn the media has done such a good job of killing lebron and hyping kobe. i never knew sports fans....especially ones that come to message boards......are just espn drones that can't think for themselves. its really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    hi inside hoops,

stats only tell half the story

sincerely, hito da god

p.s. that's all i care to say at this point..... watch the games and tell me lebron has performed better than kobe against the celtics. i'd liken you to a frat boy with beer goggles on.......
    I've watched the game, and no I don't see how Kobe has outperformed Bront in this series.

Also, if you bothered to read my initial post, I brought up team support as well as 4th quarter performance not just "stats"

Again, exactly what I'm talking about. Perception vs reality. And the inability of people such as yourself to provide any kind of reasonable counter point.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Courtside View
    I've watched the game, and no I don't see how Kobe has outperformed Bront in this series.

Also, if you bothered to read my initial post, I brought up team support as well as 4th quarter performance not just "stats"

Again, exactly what I'm talking about. Perception vs reality. And the inability of people such as yourself to provide any kind of reasonable counter point.
    lebron QUIT end of discussion...

that's reality not perception, you can look at numbers till fg% comes out your ass and the fact is lebron james quit playing

that enough honesty for you?

I'm going to state RIGHT NOW. If you disagree with what I wrote and provide detailed reasoning as to why not, I'll respect you.

If you just come in and say shyt like "Bron sux, Kobe better" or other nonsense I'm going to assume that you have nothing intelligent to say, and I'm going to call you a moron for it.

Again, come in intelligent with reasonable points I'll respect you. Come in unable to counter what I initially wrote and I'll take that as you conceding that you have no reasonable counter. That you're just posting just to post because you're frustrated that you have no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtside View
    You know what, in my initial post, I presented a detailed, thought out opinion for discussion. But you, either because you're bitter about tonight's game still or just an overall Bryant homer to come in and call me a "troll". A troll to me is someone like yourself who clicks on a reasonable topic, and provides no argument, just whining.

If you didn't like the topic, you could just IGNORE it. But, being the Bryant homer you are, you had to come in and give your opinion, even if added nothing to the discussion. I knew it would happen, it's ISH after all, but from now on I'm only going to respond to those interested in having a reasonble debate.
    Yeah and you know what...ashbelly, the biggest Lebron homer on this board, presented this exact "detailed" opinion for discussion earlier today. The agenda is obvious, we all know the real purpose of this topic. Like I said, at what point will it get old? Spare me your little explanation, I've seen your kind here before.

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    lebron QUIT end of discussion...

that's reality not perception, you can look at numbers till fg% comes out your ass and the fact is lebron james quit playing

that enough honesty for you?
    Once again, ignored everything I wrote in my initial post. Like I said, I'll asume you did that because you have no reasonable counter. Anyone who cannot point by point counter my initial topic I'll consider a fanboy. Fanboy.