Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Tracy Mcgrady vs Paul Pierce vs Vince Carter vs Allen Iverson in the 2000's

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    But would you put Pierce over AI?
    I have already answered that question.

College star

Default Re: Tracy Mcgrady vs Paul Pierce vs Vince Carter vs Allen Iverson in the 2000's

I remember 3 or 4 years ago Pierce was considered the worst of the bunch. What playing on a great team with great players can do to how well you're perceived.

AI and TMac are the only ones that were top 5 in the NBA at one point, Pierce and Vince were top 10 at best.

Any list with out A.I number 1 is completely retarded this man is a legit top 30 player of all time and was just killing it in 2000

1. Iverson
    2. Pierce
    3. Vince
    4. Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    I remember 3 or 4 years ago Pierce was considered the worst of the bunch. What playing on a great team with great players can do to how well you're perceived.

AI and TMac are the only ones that were top 5 in the NBA at one point, Pierce and Vince were top 10 at best.
    The ECF season early in the 2000s, Pierce had an argument for being a top 5 player. But regardless, no one disputes that McGrady was great at his peak, but injuries marred a number of his seasons.

3-Point Champion

I remember 3 or 4 years ago Pierce was considered the worst of the bunch. What playing on a great team with great players can do to how well you're.
    This is a load of bull.

Eddie Murphy

Mentally-ill retard who won't stop bashing Dwight Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    The ECF season early in the 2000s, Pierce had an argument for being a top 5 player. But regardless, no one disputes that McGrady was great at his peak, but injuries marred a number of his seasons.

Great post, dude did not get better, or change his game, he's the same player he was 7 years ago, yet seven years he wasn't considered top 5 or won scoring titles or was on all-nba 1st or second teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Any list with out A.I number 1 is completely retarded this man is a legit top 30 player of all time and was just killing it in 2000

1. Iverson
    2. Pierce
    3. Vince
    4. Mac
    Why is this? Unless you hold his MVP higher than anything else.

T-Mac was clearly the best out of all these guys the first half of the decade. LOL @ Paul Pierce.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    T-Mac was clearly the best out of all these guys the first half of the decade. LOL @ Paul Pierce.
    Well it's 2000's, the full decade.

And no he wasn't clearly the best out of all them in the first half. Highest peak, sure but I would still go with Iverson on that.

1. Allen Iverson
    2. Paul Pierce
    3. Vince Carter
    4. Tracy McGrady

I put AI at the top because his peak is so much more impressive than Paul's

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Well it's 2000's, the full decade.

And no he wasn't clearly the best out of all them in the first half. Highest peak, sure but I would still go with Iverson on that.
    McGrady best year is better than any of Iverson's years easily. T-Mac in Orlando was generally considered to be at least as good as Kobe. Iverson wasn't.

McGrady best year is better than any of Iverson's years easily. T-Mac in Orlando was generally considered to be at least as good as Kobe. Iverson wasn't.
    Again, yes I already agree with you that T-Mac's peak year was better than Iverson's years.

However, if we are still talking about first half of that decade then Iverson clearly had the better years overall than both T-Mac and Kobe. More accomplishments and accolades to boot and as the main guy, he was leading his teams to the playoffs deeper.

And who the hell said Iverson wasn't ? I would like to know what criteria they were talking about discussing those 3 players at the time. Iverson has to belong with them in the same conversation, if not above them at that time.
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 11-11-2011 at 07:02 PM.

You do realize that AI has an MVP award?