Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Horace Grant would be a top 10 player in today's league

Not top 10, but top 25 certainly. He was a very disciplined player both on offense and defense and helped tremendously on team cohesion.

Very underrated player throughout his career, certainly better than Otis Thorpe, John Salley, A.C. Green and other real role players from the 90's.

Jordan and older era guys are honestly just as deluded if not more than the worst LeBron/Kobe stans

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Sure, back in the 90's he could be someone contained with all the flagrant fouls on him not being called, but in today's game where every touch foul sends you to the line, I don't see any scenario where Grant is not a top 10 player. The guy had so many moves in his arsenal, but was mainly used to defend and rebound, which he did and is a 3 peat champion.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TWVPhBnyZ5s
    Do this:

Decent college freshman

Lol. Horace Grant was a decent role player. That's about it. Didn't scare a sole.

Last edited by jayfan; 03-08-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    horace had literally ZERO moves in his arsenal and was just a play-finisher.

Grant had a very good mid-range jumper.

Let me ask you a question.........do you feel the Bulls would've won without Grant? And mind you not replace him. WITHOUT him
    We saw Grant's value. When he left the Bulls went from a 55 win team that contending for the #1 seed to a 45 win team battling for 5th. It is a historical fact that the Bulls actually declined more when they lost Grant than when they lost Jordan.

So OP says Grant would be a top 10 player and the nostalgia freaks just roll with it? "ROFL weak era" What the hell are you guys talking about? He wouldn't be anywhere near the top 10 in today's game.
    Exactly. He would be today what he was then: a top 25-30 player in his prime who was an excellent defender and very good rebounder. His roles were vital. It is no coincidence the worst year Chicago had from 1989-1998 happened to be the one year it did not have a rebounding PF who could play defense.

Grant for those Bulls teams was necessary. His rebounding presence was critical as that is the one area the Bulls struggled with and where Jordan couldn't make up the difference. It's why they also struggled when they had let him go and didn't have Rodman.

Rodman comes in as the GOAT rebounder and records start tumbling.
    Yup. They were so desperate they were willing to gamble on Rodman, who was so toxic at the time all the Spurs could get to unload him was a backup center. It worked magnificently but the fact that even took the gamble showed how desperate they were after Orlando exposes those holes in the ECSF--ironically in large part due to their PF: Horace Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan
    Lol. Horace Grant was a decent role player. That's about it. Didn't scare a sole.

The bottoms of peoples' shoes don't tend to experience fear

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    So a 12-14 pt/9-10 reb player would be a top 10 player in today's league? Tells you how sh!t today's league is, then.
    He was competing for shots with Jordan and Pippen with Jackson limiting his shot attempts. He was basically Ben Wallace on D. As a first option in today's soft league he'd be 25-10 easy.

He was competing for shots with Jordan and Pippen with Jackson limiting his shot attempts. He was basically Ben Wallace on D. As a first option in today's soft league he'd be 25-10 easy.
    No he wasn't. And no he wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    No he wasn't. And no he wouldn't.
    He most certainly was. Watch the vid I posted at 47 sec. He's doing the shake on Barkley scoring like it's nothing. He would destroy the opposition with his back to the basket, but most of the time he would pass it back out to MJ. Jackson didn't need Grant to score because he had Jordan and Pippen on the team.

Horace going to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMErM4RdGz8

He most certainly was. Watch the vid I posted at 47 sec. He's doing the shake on Barkley scoring like it's nothing. He would destroy the opposition with his back to the basket, but most of the time he would pass it back out to MJ. Jackson didn't need Grant to score because he had Jordan and Pippen on the team.

Horace going to work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMErM4RdGz8
    I don't need YT links. I watched him and the Bulls play live.

I'm actually referring to your drivel about him "equaling" Ben Wallace on defense. That is retarded. The simple fact you believe guy would put up 25/10 in this era means you went full retard.

Never go full retard.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I don't need YT links. I watched him and the Bulls play live.

I'm actually referring to your drivel about him "equaling" Ben Wallace on defense. That is retarded. The simple fact you believe guy would put up 26/10 in this era means you went full retard.
    If you watched him and the Bulls play live as I did and also watch current NBA, then you should know what I'm talking about. On a team where he doesn't have the greatest 1/2 punch in Jordan/Pippen in today's soft era, Grant would be a top 10-15 player, and that's being generous.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock

Grant had a very good mid-range jumper.

We saw Grant's value. When he left the Bulls went from a 55 win team that contending for the #1 seed to a 45 win team battling for 5th. It is a historical fact that the Bulls actually declined more when they lost Grant than when they lost Jordan.

Exactly. He would be today what he was then: a top 25-30 player in his prime who was an excellent defender and very good rebounder. His roles were vital. It is no coincidence the worst year Chicago had from 1989-1998 happened to be the one year it did not have a rebounding PF who could play defense.

Yup. They were so desperate they were willing to gamble on Rodman, who was so toxic at the time all the Spurs could get to unload him was a backup center. It worked magnificently but the fact that even took the gamble showed how desperate they were after Orlando exposes those holes in the ECSF--ironically in large part due to their PF: Horace Grant.
    Well the Bulls always had sh*t center depth/production. Kinda hard to get by with poor play from both your C and PF positions at the same time.

Still I think if Jordan was in better basketball form and had more time to play with the Bulls that season going into the playoffs, who knows, they might've even beaten Orlando that year.

Game 1 they had on a silver platter, that was just a result of the Jordan being out of sync. Of course it would make sweeping Orlando the following season that much sweeter.

If you watched him and the Bulls play live as I did and also watch current NBA, then you should know what I'm talking about. On a team where he doesn't have the greatest 1/2 punch in Jordan/Pippen in today's soft era, Grant would be a top 10-15 player, and that's being generous.
    That's the problem. You don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

NBA sixth man of the year

Can't believe people are actually taking the thread serious.......

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Can't believe people are actually taking the thread serious.......
    Thats because the OP is serious and that dumb.