Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: LOOKING BACK: D'Angelo Russell, Clarkson, Julius for DMC

Thought it was #2 and Clarkson. I would have loved that deal and they could have had anyone else on the team besides Randle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Thought it was #2 and Clarkson. I would have loved that deal and they could have had anyone else on the team besides Randle.
    Yeah that was the proposal, Kings wanted Randle instead of Clarkson and Lakers were like: no deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Yeah that was the proposal, Kings wanted Randle instead of Clarkson and Lakers were like: no deal.

Obviously, that's why it didn't go down. But that was the offer that the kings wanted from reports I read.

Lakers won't do this. All 3 of those Lakers have the potential to be better than peak DMC plus they're cost controlled for years

FTR,

I wouldn't do it. I would have trouble trading any of these guys for DMC, let alone all 3.

WhY? Because

1. LAL are not in a position to contend. So adding a final piece like DMC, wouldn't really make sense if we are trading the whole ship to get him. We would just be the Kings.

2. The 3 guys, could all be legit stars. Why trade them for 1 guy?

3. They're all young and on cheap contracts. which leads to #4.

4. I wouldn't do it, because we have cap space along with the talent that the 3 bring. So, trading them for Cousins, means we have 1 star and no way to add much else. keeping the 3 young guns, we have the ablity to pick up 2 max guys in the off season. Just as good, if not better than DMC.

Now, say in a perfect world, Randle plays like a beast. Puts up 16/9 his rookie year. Clarkson, continues to develop, puts up 17/3/3, and D'Angelo show's promise, puts up an impressive 13.5/5. And the other guys look good, role players you need to be a winning team, Lou Will, Bass, Tarik Black, Hell, Even Nick Young TRIES to play defense, attacks the basket, doesn't shoot everytime he gets the ball, now you're looking at a team with potential.
    KB, plays 30 minutes a game, plays 70 games, puts up 22/3/8/3.7 and signs a 2 yr deal to continue, 2nd year is a player option, and he signs a 2 yr 30 Mil contract.

We go to FA, and we can tell players, look at this core, with potentially elite young cast. You got KB, to be the a nice addition.

We pick up Durant to start at the 3. KB plays the 2, Russell the 1, and Clarkson comes off the bench with Lou Will.

then we say, hey, we can pick up a good player to play center.
    We can look at Horford, Noah, Hibbert (if he plays well), Al Jeff, Drummond, whiteside, or hell, Kendrick Perkins.

And all of a sudden, you are looking at a dangerous team.
    (keep in mind, the young guys would improve and grow together)

PG- Russell/Clarkson/Huertas
    SG- KB/Lou Williams/
    SF- Durant/ Nick Young/ Anthony Brown
    PF- Randle/ Brandon Bass/Lary Nance Jr
    C- Drummond/ Tarick Black

A darn nice team.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Now, say in a perfect world, Randle plays like a beast. Puts up 16/9 his rookie year. Clarkson, continues to develop, puts up 17/3/3, and D'Angelo show's promise, puts up an impressive 13.5/5. And the other guys look good, role players you need to be a winning team, Lou Will, Bass, Tarik Black, Hell, Even Nick Young TRIES to play defense, attacks the basket, doesn't shoot everytime he gets the ball, now you're looking at a team with potential.
    KB, plays 30 minutes a game, plays 70 games, puts up 22/3/8/3.7 and signs a 2 yr deal to continue, 2nd year is a player option, and he signs a 2 yr 30 Mil contract.
    that's way too optimistic..damn son.. i would be happy is 2/3 of those happen.

FTR,

I wouldn't do it. I would have trouble trading any of these guys for DMC, let alone all 3.

WhY? Because

1. LAL are not in a position to contend. So adding a final piece like DMC, wouldn't really make sense if we are trading the whole ship to get him. We would just be the Kings.

4. I wouldn't do it, because we have cap space along with the talent that the 3 bring. So, trading them for Cousins, means we have 1 star and no way to add much else. keeping the 3 young guns, we have the ablity to pick up 2 max guys in the off season. Just as good, if not better than DMC.

We go to FA, and we can tell players, look at this core, with potentially elite young cast. You got KB, to be the a nice addition.

We pick up Durant to start at the 3. KB plays the 2, Russell the 1, and Clarkson comes off the bench with Lou Will.

We can look at Horford, Noah, Hibbert (if he plays well), Al Jeff, Drummond, whiteside, or hell, Kendrick Perkins.

SG- KB/Lou Williams/

A darn nice team.
    pass the needle bro

Banned

FTR,

WhY? Because

SG- KB/Lou Williams/

A darn nice team.

And maybe they clone Wilt and he comes back and puts up 50ppg next season!

With DMC you are not the kings because you have a competent front office and are a desirable free agent location. You don't pass up on a proven guy like DMC to gamble on guys like randle, clarkson and russell who all look rather mediocre so far, promising but nothing that makes them look like locks for success.
    Last edited by outbreak; 10-22-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak

And maybe they clone Wilt and he comes back and puts up 50ppg next season!

But yeah, if I'm the Kings I take D-Russell + Randle + Clarkson in a heart beat 4 months ago. I was begging them to do it. How many 30W seasons have the Kings had w/ Cousins? 0.

Now, after seeing some of the Kings moves and how Cousins and Karl are actually tolerating each other, I keep Cousins.

If Rondo plays like he gives a damn and isn't physically limited, Kings can sneak into the playoffs w/ the Pels being a MASH unit, Mavs being too old/broken, and Suns still having a poisonous locker room.